What do you do for a living?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules

How old are you?

Below 14 years of age
No votes
Over 14 years of age
100%

Total votes: 49

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Sep 2006, 02:58

normally one with ulterior motives, or none at all .... and that's another problem

but it still seems weird to me that you don't own the land on which your house rests .... really weird
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 03:16

In communism(true communism)no one owns anything and everyone owns everything.It is really a nice system on paper,but imposible until humans evolve a lot more.Imagine you never have to work to buy yourself a TV,but instead get one just because everyone else has one.Imagine not having to work to buy yourself a house,but get one just because veryone else does.Imagine not having to work to survive,but you work just because you love your work,because you want to be a good man and contribute to the humanity in general.Its basically a utopia,and humanity is not ready for a utopia(probably never will be).

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Sep 2006, 10:20

I really don't get why ppl call what was going on communism. It most definatly wasn't what Marx invisioned. Guess we can blame Lenin's weakness and Ivan's invention of the secret police.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

RaSmuShaDoW
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RaSmuShaDoW » 13 Sep 2006, 11:20

DaemianLucifer wrote:In communism(true communism)no one owns anything and everyone owns everything.It is really a nice system on paper,but imposible until humans evolve a lot more.Imagine you never have to work to buy yourself a TV,but instead get one just because everyone else has one.Imagine not having to work to buy yourself a house,but get one just because veryone else does.Imagine not having to work to survive,but you work just because you love your work,because you want to be a good man and contribute to the humanity in general.Its basically a utopia,and humanity is not ready for a utopia(probably never will be).
If you are able to work but you don't you wouldn't get ant TV or car even if living in ideal comunism country.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Sep 2006, 13:21

DaemianLucifer wrote:Imagine not having to work to survive,but you work just because you love your work,because you want to be a good man and contribute to the humanity in general.Its basically a utopia,and humanity is not ready for a utopia(probably never will be).
*chough*StarTrek *chough*
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Sep 2006, 15:02

Communism will never work. Human minds were not wired properly for that kind of mentality.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Sep 2006, 19:07

ThunderTitan wrote: *chough*StarTrek *chough*
And gold pressed latinum.Sorry,but money=not true communism.
Corribus wrote:Communism will never work. Human minds were not wired properly for that kind of mentality.
Exactly.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Sep 2006, 19:11

Corribus wrote:Communism will never work. Human minds were not wired properly for that kind of mentality.
DL wrote:Exactly.
Wait. Hold the presses.

Did DL just agree with me?

:what:

(Next thing you know, thundertiny will be calling me correct, too.)
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Sep 2006, 20:25

DaemianLucifer wrote: And gold pressed latinum.
Ferengi, not Federation.... duh. There was a TNG ep where they were talking about how they work for pleasure only. And they didn't have any money or an equivalent to them even in TOS.

Bah, communism can work, all you need is some good ol' lobotomies. Just ask Doc Savage:

Return to “Campfire”