What kind of mutant power you wish to possess?

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 14 Jun 2006, 00:37

yeah the movies good, so are the other two .... but when watching them you just wanna see more of the mutants (the end of the second movie and the third one delivers a bit more)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 06:39

stefan.urlus wrote:yeah the movies good, so are the other two .... but when watching them you just wanna see more of the mutants (the end of the second movie and the third one delivers a bit more)
I didnt.Though I did watch just the first one.Movies based on comics somehow arent that good IMO.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jun 2006, 10:54

DaemianLucifer wrote:I didnt.Though I did watch just the first one.Movies based on comics somehow arent that good IMO.
That got me thinking of Spiderman 2. How lame was it that smelly Kirsten Dunst came running in her wedding dress and kissed Peter in the end of the movie :loll: Too cliché IMO :disagree:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 11:29

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: How lame was it that smelly Kirsten Dunst came running in her wedding dress and kissed Peter in the end of the movie :loll:
How do you know how she smells?! 8|
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jun 2006, 11:31

ThunderTitan wrote:How do you know how she smells?! 8|
I don't. It's just that "dunst" means heavy smell in Danish :D So to me she's just "Smelly Kirsten"
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 11:43

ThunderTitan wrote:
Milla aka. the Slayer wrote: How lame was it that smelly Kirsten Dunst came running in her wedding dress and kissed Peter in the end of the movie :loll:
How do you know how she smells?! 8|

Catch my drift?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 12:17

DaemianLucifer wrote: Catch my drift?
Not really...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 12:39

ThunderTitan wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote: Catch my drift?
Not really...
Good,cause it proves my point.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jun 2006, 12:49

Spiderman 1 was lame too now that I think about it...clichées everywhere :jester:
- Dragon Age Origins

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 12:56

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Spiderman 1 was lame too now that I think about it...clichées everywhere :jester:
So was any other comic based movie:the hulk,the incredible four,x-men,superman,ultra violet,blade,modesty blaze,etc,etc.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 14 Jun 2006, 13:00

Nah...Blade was good IMO :-D Really slick B-)
- Dragon Age Origins

V3N0M
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby V3N0M » 14 Jun 2006, 13:10

I dunno... it's hard to make something after a comic and not make it corny. They oftain change facts to make it more realistic(like movie spidey shoots webs out of some gland than some machine that shoots webs that the spider bite "magically" taught him how to make ), but I guess they make'em so corny to please the hardcore fans.
A wise man once said 'Don't share your wisdom with anyone'.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 13:14

V3N0M wrote:I dunno... it's hard to make something after a comic and not make it corny. They oftain change facts to make it more realistic(like movie spidey shoots webs out of some gland than some machine that shoots webs that the spider bite "magically" taught him how to make ), but I guess they make'em so corny to please the hardcore fans.
It depends mostly on comics.Most of those werent realistic enough,and that is their charm.Changing all of that over night is just stupid.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 13:55

V3N0M wrote: They oftain change facts to make it more realistic(like movie spidey shoots webs out of some gland than some machine that shoots webs that the spider bite "magically" taught him how to make )
Yeah, way more realistic. Having all that webbing in his arm makes alot of sense. At least with the web-shooters he kept changing the cartriges. Now he had unlimited webbing magicaly appearing, and disapiring when his powers are off (Spiderman 2).
And it wasn't the spider bite that taught him anything, Peter was supposed to be a genius. He made those all on his own. And the normal comic had him evolve glands too, which is stupid.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 14:11

ThunderTitan wrote: Yeah, way more realistic. Having all that webbing in his arm makes alot of sense. At least with the web-shooters he kept changing the cartriges. Now he had unlimited webbing magicaly appearing, and disapiring when his powers are off (Spiderman 2).
And it wasn't the spider bite that taught him anything, Peter was supposed to be a genius. He made those all on his own. And the normal comic had him evolve glands too, which is stupid.
Why couldnt he evolve glands?It makes perfect sense for those gland to move to his wrists,even though they are ont he back side of a spider :devil:

V3N0M
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby V3N0M » 14 Jun 2006, 14:20

I guess it's just me, but I do remember he once said the spider gave him the knowledge to make the cartriges... but I'm not a big fan and all superpowers are unrealistic... but would be cool to have.
As for my answer I would have Rogue's powers but the ability to control them B-)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Jun 2006, 14:25

Oh,I just have to correct myself,because I was wrong.There was one movie made after a comic that was good:Batman.Although it was just the original one that was good.The rest 4 drop into the above mentioned category.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 15:24

DaemianLucifer wrote: Why couldnt he evolve glands?It makes perfect sense for those gland to move to his wrists,even though they are ont he back side of a spider :devil:
The wrist-shooters worked better. And it's not the gland themselves, it's the magic unlimited webbing, and the pointlesness of it. As I recal they did it because of the movie.

@V3N0M:
In the cartoon, right? Yeah, that sucked. The toons was good though.

V3N0M
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby V3N0M » 14 Jun 2006, 17:01

But now he can use the web to save people in an emergency, like when he's not in his spideysuit. And realistically no one can reproduce spider silk without some kind of gland.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jun 2006, 17:21

I wasn't talking about the gland. I was talking about the huge amount of webing he used. It's not more realistisc at all. It's just simpler then having web-shooters.
And the shooters weren't attached to the suit. He also had them on most of the time.

Return to “Campfire”