Night Watch

Light-hearted discussions, forum games and anything that doesn't fit into the other forums.
Tech Corner - Firewalls, AV etc. - Report Bugs - Board Rules
Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Night Watch

Unread postby Sikon » 23 Feb 2006, 15:52

Has anyone seen this Russian movie in a theater? (Of course, the probability is fairly low.) I have a few questions:
1. Is the international version and the USA version one and the same?
2. What are the English spellings of these character names as seen in subtitles? (They seem to be spelled differently in the English subtitles for Russian DVDs.)
- Geser
- Zavulon
- Alisa Donnikova
- Tiger Cub
3. Finally, is it "Night Watch" or "Nightwatch"?

igoraki
Scout
Scout

Re: Night Watch

Unread postby igoraki » 24 Feb 2006, 13:14

Sikon wrote:Has anyone seen this Russian movie in a theater? (Of course, the probability is fairly low.) I have a few questions:
2. What are the English spellings of these character names as seen in subtitles? (They seem to be spelled differently in the English subtitles for Russian DVDs.)
- Geser
- Zavulon
- Alisa Donnikova
- Tiger Cub
i have seen the move and like it alot,unfortunately dont have anwers for your questions...just hope they wont screw the sequels.
"You cannot make a baby in a month with nine women."

Slaughter
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Re: Night Watch

Unread postby Slaughter » 24 Feb 2006, 14:52

Sikon wrote:Has anyone seen this Russian movie in a theater? (Of course, the probability is fairly low.) I have a few questions:
- Geser
- Zavulon
- Alisa Donnikova
- Tiger Cub
I haven't seen it, but some of your questions might be answered here .

Edit: Hmm, don't know what's up with the url tag...
Greetings from Olav (Staff at StrategyCore.co.uk, Slaughter)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 24 Feb 2006, 18:01

I think the parentheses that messes it up...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 25 Feb 2006, 03:30

Well, I don't know about sequels, as the first sequel (Day Watch) doesn't have an open ending like the first film, it would be diffucult to continue the story given that ending. As for screwing up, most people think it was better than the original.

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 25 Feb 2006, 11:59

It better be better ;) than the original, 'cause the original disappointed me. Too many holes in the story, and only hints of special effects. Ok, so there's this chick who can turn into a Tiger. Well, we only had that for like a fraction of a second. And there's this guy who can turn into a bear. When? At the end they "apparently" die. So what was the point? It's like making "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" with a Captain Nemo that can't find his submarine, an invisible man who stays all movie fully bandaged, a Dr. Jekyll that never turns into Mr. Hyde, and a vampire chick who never turns into a vampire and drinks only sparkling water. I mean, wtf?

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 25 Feb 2006, 12:25

I saw the movie and didn't like it, it had a lot of doubtful plot holes.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 26 Feb 2006, 10:41

Well, we only had that for like a fraction of a second. And there's this guy who can turn into a bear. When? At the end they "apparently" die. So what was the point?
They didn't die. They were never shown dying. Don't know about the girl, but the man appears in the sequel. They were little more than cameos of book characters, as they play more prominent roles in the book.

Return to “Campfire”