MM7 new modding

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Re: MM7 new modding

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 27 Dec 2023, 05:58

wow! looks awesome!
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 28 Dec 2023, 09:42

Thanks Maestro, it's a great honor! I will try to make a mod worthy of its predecessors. And for Bowerbank too!
I have some ideas, and I would like to ask people on this. It's about rewriting spells. It is certain that need something to counter OP spells and strengthen very weak ones. I also thought of a few extras to add, some of the strongest spells would involve different conditions. Currently have this in my head:

Raise Dead - Unconscious
Ressurrection - Paralyzed
Enslave, Soul Drinker - Cursed
Palalyze - Asleep
Toxic Cloud - Poison
Pain Reflection - Disease

My goal would be to add some color to the game and make it more interesting/exciting by having the most powerful spells come at a serious cost. But maybe it would be counterproductive and I'd just be screwing the players with it. So, what are your opinions?

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 03 Jan 2024, 02:00

Really nice progress! Congratulations!
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 05 Apr 2024, 03:48

Your work is amazing! I can't wait to try it out. The tunnel, the pyramid and vori in general look so inspiring!

About those spells, I think it could be annoying as a player to have some of those unwanted side effects. Raise dead and resurrection having side effects for the revived character makes sense, though, and seems like a suitable 'punishment' for letting your character die. I think weak and/or unconscious fits a bit better than paralysed.

Kaltenberg
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kaltenberg » 06 Apr 2024, 11:49

Thanks very much! I'm making good progress with the improvements, and even though I don't always post, the work is continuously going on.
The "costs and penalties" for spells may be a bit exaggerated, you may be right. And other feedback tends to indicate this, I will think about it carefully, but probably delete most of it.
I'll put up some more pictures of the pyramid while I'm at here, it's the final state. I also played with the lights (and the corpses) a bit.

The final version was way over the size limit of the game (12670/7000 outlines, and that's including the RemoveLimit script of course), but luckily that's not a problem. Once it's split into rooms, it handles this without any problems, I'll have to write a few more events for it, but apart from that now it's a playable dungeon. It will take you about 3-5 hours of pure play time, I mean in real time, of course this will be highly team dependent. I've divided it into 105 separate rooms/corridor sections that can be explored individually, so it's not a '5 minute dungeon' like there are quite a few in MM7-8.

I'm currently rewriting the game mechanics. There'll be a lot of new stuff in it too, here's a preview for example (thanks to Tomsod, I haven't really delved into programming myself at this level, I'm just solving the simpler scripts, mainly following Grayface's documentation):

Return to “Might and Magic”