Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Eksekk » 21 Jun 2023, 00:00

In newer MMExt there is variable

Code: Select all

Game.MinMeleeRecoveryTime
, could it work? It's pretty recent, but I tested on newest revamp and it was present there.

To test, create file like Scripts/General/MeleeRecovery.lua and write here

Game.MinMeleeRecoveryTime = 15
to reduce it to 15. If it works, it should work with any other number.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

joanthedark
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby joanthedark » 21 Jun 2023, 15:06

Rodril wrote: 20 Jun 2023, 23:29 Unfortunately, i don't remember. I think, 30 is hardcoded minimum for melee, and anything below is possible due to oversight in MM8 engine. Grayface's notes, says 30 is melee limit: https://grayface.github.io/mm/mechanics/#Recovery-Time .
I see, that would make sense as to why it wasn't working when I tried to change the values, thank you for your answer Rodril!
Eksekk wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 00:00 In newer MMExt there is variable

Game.MinMeleeRecoveryTime
, could it work? It's pretty recent, but I tested on newest revamp and it was present there.

To test, create file like Scripts/General/MeleeRecovery.lua and write here

Game.MinMeleeRecoveryTime = 15
to reduce it to 15. If it works, it should work with any other number.
I tried to create the file with the value in the new MMExtension 2.2 but it didn't work (crashed my save file), then again I don't have cthscr's revamp installed so that might have something to do with it not working, perhaps someone with the revamp could test it out. Maybe when Rodril updates vanilla Merge since my current version is probably using an older Grayface patch (2.5.7) and that could be causing conflict too.

Caligula Wellington
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caligula Wellington » 21 Jun 2023, 16:18

I'm working on a class mod, and I have a question about character races and race skills. I see that there are "mature" versions of the races in addition to the normal ones. Have I understood it correctly that this has to do with being promoted? (ex. vampire -> nosferatu) Does this work regardless of what class you have? (vampire knight -> nosferatu cavalier)

The reason I'm asking is because I intend to replace race classes with new classes for any character (except dragons).
If everything goes well I intend to upload it for anyone who wants to playtest or give feedback. It's based on the revised version.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Jun 2023, 01:13

Rodril wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 13:37 Hello, last private message i have is dated more than year ago. If that one is correct, could you resend modified text tables, please?
Ok, I re-downloaded and reinstalled the Merge using the base branch and the latest files (the ones currently distributed), extracted items.txt and rnditems.txt so I had the most recent base for updating, and made the previously introduced changes. Here are the files:

And here's a small changelog file so everyone can see what was updated compared to the latest live version:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17XU ... ue&sd=true

Sorry it took so long, it was very tedious work to get these done based on the latest version. Cthscr told me some time ago that my previous files were somehow corrupted or something, so going over the fresh ones and making just the needed changes should be fine.

Long story short - made sure ALL the items are properly tiered in terms of: price, damage/armor class, treasure class, vendor availability etc. and have no overlapping flavor texts. I've also made some minor housekeeping tweaks and fixes such as changing the loot value of artifacts/relics you are guaranteed to get from 1 to 0 (so you'll never get duplicate ones besides the guaranteed pickups), made the value of all 3 games' apples and horseshoes equal, made both versions of lich jars sellable, also adjusted mm7's ore to have a price per unit like it does in mm8, and finally made ore appear randomly in chests very rarely as random loot (feel free to revert that change if you feel it's too adventurous hehe).

Anyway, this took me like 2 days to do again, hopefully you're happy with the results. The changelog file details every single thing I changed, and making it lengthened the work twice or thrice, but hopefully it's worth it so you know what I changed and see if you agree with it.

Caligula Wellington
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Caligula Wellington » 25 Jun 2023, 08:44

Nice work with the list. Haven't read everything yet. I think calling the 2-h swords from mm6 Claymore and Flamberge fits great. But I think Sabre would be a better name for the Long Cutlass though, as it is in fact designed as a sabre. I would also suggest naming the mm6 Regnan Cutlass to Regnan Scimitar, as it is too big to be a cutlass, and there are more Regnan Cutlasses around. I'm a weapons nerd, so I would be happy to brainstorm, or to work with you on this. :)

Another idea I had is to make the mm6 plate armours having better stats, and lower for the mm8 plates. And it's simply because how much they cover, and because how they are designed from a functional perspective. Not sure if you've done this already or not. But as mentioned before, I'd love to contribute if you need a sidekick to work with. ^^

I've already done some thinking about these sort of things before.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 25 Jun 2023, 08:49

Xfing wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 01:13 I re-downloaded and reinstalled the Merge using the base branch and the latest files (the ones currently distributed), extracted items.txt and rnditems.txt so I had the most recent base for updating, and made the previously introduced changes. Here are the files:
Thanks, i will check it out. Changes will be in multiplayer branch, tho. I'm afraid to change anything in base files at the moment, as it could break compatibility with other stuff.

justl
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.07.2021]

Unread postby justl » 25 Jun 2023, 10:14

masterserge379 wrote: 06 May 2023, 08:25 This problem with a crash on quests with the High Council was solved in a game way. But there are clearly errors in this game mode version anyway.
As I understand it, during the second play through of the game, all High Council quests are not reset. Therefore, if you immediately get to the Free Haven and go to the High Council, you will see that all the quests except for the quest to expose the traitor have already been completed. For this reason, you should first complete the entire associated quest line to expose the traitor. As a result, you will gain access to the Oracle. After that, you can do all the other quests of High Council. Absurd but true. In fact, you can really do these quests before, but this is very important, do not turn them in until you gain access to the Oracle. And we are talking only about the quests of the High Council. Other quests can be done at any time.
well there is still a way for the game to f it up:

i got rid of all old questitems and messagescrolls that i had in my inventory (i gave them to the hirelings in the adventurers guild).

on the 2nd playthrough everything proceded normally until i gave the shield of lord kilburn to the steward wilbur humfrey - he thanked my profusly and gave me access to the queen catherine (the ship) to sail to hermit island - skipping the entire "cure for slick silvertongue" questline completly.

now i am stuck outside of the temple of baa in kriegspire without a way to enter - "you are no member of baa. be gone." - cause i dont wear the cloak)

only way to fix this in that situation is the debug console:
evt[0].Add("Inventory", 2105)
thats the id for the cloak of baa
Last edited by justl on 08 Jul 2023, 07:27, edited 3 times in total.
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 25 Jun 2023, 13:09

Rodril wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 08:49
Xfing wrote: 25 Jun 2023, 01:13 I re-downloaded and reinstalled the Merge using the base branch and the latest files (the ones currently distributed), extracted items.txt and rnditems.txt so I had the most recent base for updating, and made the previously introduced changes. Here are the files:
Thanks, i will check it out. Changes will be in multiplayer branch, tho. I'm afraid to change anything in base files at the moment, as it could break compatibility with other stuff.
No worries, it only affects item stats, flavor text and treasure distributions + cleans up some minor problems with these. There is nothing added and nothing removed from either file, so I don't think it should break compatibility in any way.

It's basically finishing the work that we started earlier with item tiering - it had been done for weapons, but not completed for armors and apparel, because those were repainted and added to the game later, after we had already accounted for the weapons. So here is where I complete this work by accounting for armors, apparel, jewerly and gemstones & a few other things.

I mean this probably wouldn't even be a concern if handled sooner, but we kinda lost touch in the meantime :P We should have finalized this a long time ago.

One of the only things I would actually change is making the Protection from Magic potion into another potion effect, since I think it breaks immersion that it affects the entire party when one character drinks it, but I've already mentioned this problem before
Last edited by Xfing on 25 Jun 2023, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 27 Jun 2023, 09:19

Asked cthscr and he says there shouldn't be anything compatibility-breaking, since there are only changes to existing items, no changing of item order in the tables or anything like that. The only thing to look at might be having to sync Scripts/Global/ExtraArtifacts.lua with these changes to make sure the pre-placed artifact spawning works as intended. I'll take a look at it later today, but don't expect any changes needing to be made.

Also, I've been play-testing a bit and corrected a few oversights (it was late at night when I was filling in those tables), caught a few bugs. I'll continue play testing and see if anything more needs adjustments.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 01 Jul 2023, 07:24

Hi there,

I just found out, that the buoy in New Sorpigal that makes the vulcano erupt is defunct now.

Maybe someone can have a look into it, when the time is right.

best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Driego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Driego » 01 Jul 2023, 13:39

Rodril wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 18:17
cthscr wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:45 Installation instruction for latest fixes, Revamp and community branch:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17261
Hello.
Here is thing i did for past time: merge of mm6, mm7, and mm8 on base of mm8 using MMExtension.
In case if info in this post becomes outdated, check link in the quote above.

Game files v. 15.02.2022 (includes MMPatch 2.5.6)
OneDrive: https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

How to install:
1. Install GOG version of Might and Magic VIII.
2. Copy mod files into MM8 folder, replacing existing.

Hello,
in the last year i started installing and playing the mm 678 megre and i was wondering about some diffferent things I read in foren and see in game.
On playing i see that the mm6 part uses the naming of mm7 spellname (e.g. Immolation instead FireRing) and spell mastery categories (grandmaster is needed for highest spells e.g. Lloyd's Beacon). So the naming is not the the problem but the spell mastery category. For I found no way without cheating to get Granfdmaster spells, so after month of playing an seaching internet topics I gave up and used the mm cosole commands(https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ref/) to learn this spells.

In some videos about the merge game it seems all players got such spells witout problems.
So I don't know who this could work my ponly theory is that the other players played the other parts mm7 or mm8 and used the dimension door ( I don't know if it is there available - I stuck in mm6 parts).

The installation described above i repeated many times with same effort.
i used GOG-game version V1.0 and this https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

I tried clean english installation and german version with translation files.
I few times i tried other mod-files.

All failed with the the spell problem.

is there a normal playing resolution or is there a fix I did not found?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 01 Jul 2023, 15:51

Driego wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 13:39
cthscr wrote: 29 Jan 2021, 11:45 Installation instruction for latest fixes, Revamp and community branch:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/10/17261
Hello.
Here is thing i did for past time: merge of mm6, mm7, and mm8 on base of mm8 using MMExtension.

How to install:

Hello,
in the last year i started installing and playing the mm 678 megre and i was wondering about some diffferent things I read in foren and see in game.
On playing i see that the mm6 part uses the naming of mm7 spellname (e.g. Immolation instead FireRing) and spell mastery categories (grandmaster is needed for highest spells e.g. Lloyd's Beacon). So the naming is not the the problem but the spell mastery category. For I found no way without cheating to get Granfdmaster spells, so after month of playing an seaching internet topics I gave up and used the mm cosole commands(https://grayface.github.io/mm/ext/ref/) to learn this spells.

In some videos about the merge game it seems all players got such spells witout problems.
So I don't know who this could work my ponly theory is that the other players played the other parts mm7 or mm8 and used the dimension door ( I don't know if it is there available - I stuck in mm6 parts).

i used GOG-game version V1.0 and this https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... ion=locate

GM spells are not found in the Alvar guild anymore, you need to get to Regna to buy them.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 01 Jul 2023, 15:59

Rodril wrote: 13 Nov 2017, 18:17hello!
Hey Rodril, when playing I found out why the leather belt from MM7 is displaying in such a wonky way, something we've reported a long time ago. It's defaulting to a different texture completely.

That's because its associated sprite, 7item100 is missing from mm7icons.lod, while it has a different normal sprite in mmmerge.icons.lod. Look:

I've fixed it locally by taking the actual sprite of 7item100 from a clean install of MM7, so it's an easy fix. But it needs to be updated in the game files that are being distributed right now.

here's 7item100.bmp so you don't have to export it:
Last edited by Xfing on 02 Jul 2023, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.

Driego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Driego » 01 Jul 2023, 16:51

Xfing wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 15:51

Hello.

How to install:

Hello,

GM spells are not found in the Alvar guild anymore, you need to get to Regna to buy them.
the problem is not to get the spells e.g Lloyd's Beacon(buyable in Freehaven Water guild) . the problem is you start a mm6 -game (see Screenshot) the spell system is based on mm7 so it is a GM-Spell but mm6 does not support Grandmaster skill.

So you could learn the spell from the starting mm6-game!!! Iam not playing mm8!!!

An early savegame shows that deviant from the original game the max highest mastery skill of water magic did not work to learn Lloyd's Beacon.
After many weeks/month I made my chars to grandmasters through lua-commands.
That is not normal playing but I found no other way.

How is that possible if you start mm6 fronm the mm678 merge game to learn such Spell (GM-spells in mm7 but in mm6 normally ther are no grandmaster skills and no teachers.

Update 01/07/2023: I used dimesion door in dragon sand so i could travel to erathia (MM7) or Jadame(MM8) but in Antagarich (mm7) I could reach Harmondale and the GM-teacher and learned Lloyd's Beacon in time time but i came not back to Enroth (mm6), no ship will travel to Evenmorn Island where is the point to open the dimension door. Evtl. dimension travel to jadame (mm8) could work, back travel to Enroth is possiblIe.

So back to my question an my problem :
Is there a way to play MM6 (Enroth) standalone like the original game or is only possible withoutout importand spells on the grandmaster topic between the MM-version?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jul 2023, 00:48

There must be something wrong with your game, in the merge the master teachers in Enroth also offer grandmaster training.

Driego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Driego » 02 Jul 2023, 10:31

Xfing wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 00:48 There must be something wrong with your game, in the merge the master teachers in Enroth also offer grandmaster training.
Thanks. You are right .

I don't know what was wrong in the older installation - i caannot recover my old installation to see what was wrong, but i think there was a problem german langauge and localization. I tried many thing s to get it working . Eventually did nonsense a had luck luck
that oall other stuff worked.

But the clean installation before I posted here works fine.

As you said master teacher in original mm6 game are no grandmaster and teaches booth master and grandmaster.

Driego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Driego » 02 Jul 2023, 10:49

Driego wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 16:51
Xfing wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 15:51

Update 01/07/2023: I used dimesion door in dragon sand so i could travel to erathia (MM7) or Jadame(MM8) but in Antagarich (mm7) I could reach Harmondale and the GM-teacher and learned Lloyd's Beacon in time time but i came not back to Enroth (mm6), no ship will travel to Evenmorn Island where is the point to open the dimension door. Evtl. dimension travel to jadame (mm8) could work, back travel to Enroth is possiblIe.
Can please someone tell how i came back from Antagarich (mm7) to Enroth(mm6) after use of dimension door ?

I have never played MM7 so I asked google for travel routes (https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml) and dimsion door in Antagarich.

There was a few other ship travels to Evenmorn Island and only Tatalia has a requirement but i could never book a ship travel toEvenmorn Island - I troied it a fews every (sun)day.

Is that in the merge the same or are there different requirements like event triggers that are missing after use of dimension door?

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jul 2023, 12:33

Driego wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 16:51 Can please someone tell how i came back from Antagarich (mm7) to Enroth(mm6) after use of dimension door ?

I have never played MM7 so I asked google for travel routes (https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml) and dimsion door in Antagarich.

There was a few other ship travels to Evenmorn Island and only Tatalia has a requirement but i could never book a ship travel toEvenmorn Island - I troied it a fews every (sun)day.

Is that in the merge the same or are there different requirements like event triggers that are missing after use of dimension door?
To get between the continents, you need to either use the Dimension Door book, or if not available, cast Town Portal in very specific places on each continent. For Enroth, it's the center of the oasis at Dragonsand. For Antagarich, it's the water guild on Evenmorn Isle. For Jadame, it's the druid circle in Murmurwoods.

There were stated to be even more places too, but I haven't found them myself. Would be the most fun if they remained secret for players to find individually.

Orlock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Orlock » 02 Jul 2023, 15:12

Orlock wrote: 05 Dec 2022, 12:42 I have been watching this mod for a long time, it's cool that it develops, new features, animations are added, there is activity on the forum. But personally, it always hurt my eyes how leather jackets look on female models. Here is my version.
ImageImageImageImageImage
finalized a little sprites, use for your own purposes. all sprites in lod. I don’t know how to upload to file hosting, I created a group in telegrams. Link https://t.me/+bk9_4TxFof4zNTQy.

Driego
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Driego » 02 Jul 2023, 15:32

Xfing wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 12:33
Driego wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 16:51 Can please someone tell how i came back from Antagarich (mm7) to Enroth(mm6) after use of dimension door ?

To get between the continents, you need to either use the Dimension Door book, or if not available, cast Town Portal in very specific places on each continent. For Enroth, it's the center of the oasis at Dragonsand. For Antagarich, it's the water guild on Evenmorn Isle. For Jadame, it's the druid circle in Murmurwoods.

There were stated to be even more places too, but I haven't found them myself. Would be the most fun if they remained secret for players to find individually.
Yes i n that, in every kontinent there is point where you can travel. And i know these place and i can travel :
Enroth- <-> Jadama
but only Enroth -> Antagarich not back

I cannot travel back because I cannot book a ship to Evenmorn Isle.
this site says there are ship travels to Evenmorn Isle https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml only one 1 ship route has the restriction to Priest.

will does the other routes not work on different requirement between original and merge game or is the only way to book a ship passage to Evenmorn Isle if i follow the storyline of mm7 and do the quest for priest promotion?

Return to “Might and Magic”