Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 15.02.2022]

Unread postby Rodril » 02 Jul 2023, 22:21

Driego wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 15:32 I cannot travel back because I cannot book a ship to Evenmorn Isle.
this site says there are ship travels to Evenmorn Isle https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml only one 1 ship route has the restriction to Priest.
There is secret cross-continent travel point in Tularean forest inside south tower of Clancker's laborathory. Evenmorn island is unaccessible untill priest quest is complete.
Orlock wrote:finalized a little sprites, use for your own purposes.
Looks awesome, thanks.
Xfing wrote: Hey Rodril, when playing I found out why the leather belt from MM7 is displaying in such a wonky way, something we've reported a long time ago. It's defaulting to a different texture completely.
Will note it, thanks.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jul 2023, 23:20

Driego wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 15:32 Yes i n that, in every kontinent there is point where you can travel. And i know these place and i can travel :
Enroth- <-> Jadama
but only Enroth -> Antagarich not back

I cannot travel back because I cannot book a ship to Evenmorn Isle.
this site says there are ship travels to Evenmorn Isle https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml only one 1 ship route has the restriction to Priest.

will does the other routes not work on different requirement between original and merge game or is the only way to book a ship passage to Evenmorn Isle if i follow the storyline of mm7 and do the quest for priest promotion?
Yeah, you need to do the Priest promotion quest to gain access to the Evenmorn Isle. That much has not changed since the original game actually. So you're kinda screwed haha, unless there's another point of high magic you can use, but I don't know that.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 02 Jul 2023, 23:22

Rodril wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 22:21 Will note it, thanks.
No problems, I've already fixed it locally and all you need to do is replace the file with the one I uploaded for your convenience for the distribution.

I'm currently play-testing the updated items.txt file to make sure I didn't miss anything (had to make 18 corrections so far! haha), I'll let you know when it's ready for integration - there should be no compatibility issues with anything else. I will also tweak the positions of MM6/7 helmets on the heads of the male model, since they seem to be off.

And yeah, Orlock's repaints of the MM6 armors for the ladies look amazing, better than what we have now!

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 04 Jul 2023, 20:36

Hi,

I just noticed that there was a glitch in the original mm8 - described here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/might_and_mag ... _mm8/page1

Since its late at night here, I havent tried out by now.
But maybe someone else could do it (or already has) and can give us a confirmation about that glitch still being in the game - and maybe even in the mod.

Best Regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 04 Jul 2023, 22:31

It's well known, doubt Merge removed it.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 05 Jul 2023, 00:24

I've tweaked the paperdoll positions for the repainted MM6/7 headwear, I think it looks much better now. Here's a before and after comparison. Absent items and paperdolls mean no tweaks were needed:

The file is here, it's just a table so it can be replaced for the distributed version easily:

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 05 Jul 2023, 17:18

Eksekk wrote: 04 Jul 2023, 22:31 It's well known, doubt Merge removed it.
hi,

another one I found after digging on the net:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MightAndMagic/ ... st_in_new/
this one works with faulty memory addresses.

only for checking, so that it wont crash the game or such

best regards,
justl
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Tomsod » 05 Jul 2023, 19:19

Nice find! But this should be posted in the MM6Patch topic, since it's an engine exploit. Merge has the MM8 engine and most likely doesn't have the bug.

Forgeforgeforge
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Forgeforgeforge » 06 Jul 2023, 01:54

Just got this running on the steam deck, running through heroic and wine-proton, but not lutris, and hitting some weird graphical issues I never saw on the PC version.

Seems to be a missing texture or something for the regeneration status icon.

additionally, after a few minutes of playtime some of the textures start to get misaligned somehow, they slide around on the polys in response to the viewing angle. Once this bug starts the sky texture starts spinning.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2999778243
there's a few shots that should be public.

Anyone have any guidance?

Orlock
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Orlock » 06 Jul 2023, 17:10

Remade mm8 sprites for female characters. Who needs it, download the link, sprites in the lod.
https://t.me/+bk9_4TxFof4zNTQy

raekuul
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby raekuul » 06 Jul 2023, 19:45

Driego wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 15:32
Xfing wrote: 02 Jul 2023, 12:33
Driego wrote: 01 Jul 2023, 16:51 Can please someone tell how i came back from Antagarich (mm7) to Enroth(mm6) after use of dimension door ?

I have never played MM7 so I asked google for travel routes (https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/mm7/Reisen.shtml) and dimsion door in Antagarich.

There was a few other ship travels to Evenmorn Island and only Tatalia has a requirement but i could never book a ship travel toEvenmorn Island - I troied it a fews every (sun)day.

Is that in the merge the same or are there different requirements like event triggers that are missing after use of dimension door?
To get between the continents, you need to either use the Dimension Door book, or if not available, cast Town Portal in very specific places on each continent. For Enroth, it's the center of the oasis at Dragonsand. For Antagarich, it's the water guild on Evenmorn Isle. For Jadame, it's the druid circle in Murmurwoods.

There were stated to be even more places too, but I haven't found them myself. Would be the most fun if they remained secret for players to find individually.
Yes i n that, in every kontinent there is point where you can travel. And i know these place and i can travel :
Enroth- <-> Jadama
but only Enroth -> Antagarich not back

I cannot travel back because I cannot book a ship to Evenmorn Isle.

will does the other routes not work on different requirement between original and merge game or is the only way to book a ship passage to Evenmorn Isle if i follow the storyline of mm7 and do the quest for priest promotion?
There's two High Magic spots in each continent, not just one. Try checking the islands on the Tularean Forest map.

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 08 Jul 2023, 07:27

masterserge379 wrote: 06 May 2023, 08:25 This problem with a crash on quests with the High Council was solved in a game way. But there are clearly errors in this game mode version anyway.
As I understand it, during the second play through of the game, all High Council quests are not reset. Therefore, if you immediately get to the Free Haven and go to the High Council, you will see that all the quests except for the quest to expose the traitor have already been completed. For this reason, you should first complete the entire associated quest line to expose the traitor. As a result, you will gain access to the Oracle. After that, you can do all the other quests of High Council. Absurd but true. In fact, you can really do these quests before, but this is very important, do not turn them in until you gain access to the Oracle. And we are talking only about the quests of the High Council. Other quests can be done at any time.
well there is still a way for the game to f it up:

i got rid of all old questitems and messagescrolls that i had in my inventory (i gave them to the hirelings in the adventurers guild).

on the 2nd playthrough everything proceded normally until i gave the shield of lord kilburn to the steward wilbur humfrey - he thanked my profusly and gave me access to the queen catherine (the ship) to sail to hermit island - skipping the entire "cure for slick silvertongue" questline completly.

now i am stuck outside of the temple of baa in kriegspire without a way to enter - "you are no member of baa. be gone." - cause i dont wear the cloak)

only way to fix this in that situation is the debug console:
evt[0].Add("Inventory", 2105)
thats the id for the cloak of baa

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 08 Jul 2023, 17:01

Does anybody know anything about a bug where the game locks up at the initiation of turn-based mode, because certain monster units are trying to walk a very long way (half way across maps, or from one end of a dungeon to another), and they get stuck on each other, causing an infinite loop. Once the bug happens, the only way out of it is to quicksave and quickload, because the bug will not let you end turn-based mode or take any action other than saving and loading.

I've seen it happen so far with the lizard men in Ironfist, the priests in the Temple of Baa in Ironfist, and the monks in the small "evil crystal" dungeon in Bootleg Bay. The monsters in the Temple of Tsantsaa were trying to bug out, but they just happened to find their way around to wherever they were going when I waited a minute or more for them to finish pathfinding. (Still very annoying since the game is locked that whole time.)

They start moving from so far away, I can't even see them appear on the Wizard Eye minimap sometimes until after a few seconds have passed. Someone playing without Wizard Eye would think their game had completely crashed and frozen.

I'm using the base merge, the first version available for download in the links in the thread at the top of the forum. (Not this thread, the other one.) It's dated 2022-8-30.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Eksekk
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Eksekk » 08 Jul 2023, 18:17

BMJedi wrote: 08 Jul 2023, 17:01 Does anybody know anything about a bug where the game locks up at the initiation of turn-based mode, because certain monster units are trying to walk a very long way (half way across maps, or from one end of a dungeon to another), and they get stuck on each other, causing an infinite loop. Once the bug happens, the only way out of it is to quicksave and quickload, because the bug will not let you end turn-based mode or take any action other than saving and loading.

I've seen it happen so far with the lizard men in Ironfist, the priests in the Temple of Baa in Ironfist, and the monks in the small "evil crystal" dungeon in Bootleg Bay. The monsters in the Temple of Tsantsaa were trying to bug out, but they just happened to find their way around to wherever they were going when I waited a minute or more for them to finish pathfinding. (Still very annoying since the game is locked that whole time.)

They start moving from so far away, I can't even see them appear on the Wizard Eye minimap sometimes until after a few seconds have passed. Someone playing without Wizard Eye would think their game had completely crashed and frozen.

I'm using the base merge, the first version available for download in the links in the thread at the top of the forum. (Not this thread, the other one.) It's dated 2022-8-30.
I recently had the same bug and it's probably caused by too many monsters in too small area. Disabling pathfinding module should help.
Unfinished mod by me: MM7 Rev4 mod, MMMerge version.

Forgeforgeforge
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Forgeforgeforge » 08 Jul 2023, 23:37

Forgeforgeforge wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 01:54 Just got this running on the steam deck, running through heroic and wine-proton, but not lutris, and hitting some weird graphical issues I never saw on the PC version.

Seems to be a missing texture or something for the regeneration status icon.

additionally, after a few minutes of playtime some of the textures start to get misaligned somehow, they slide around on the polys in response to the viewing angle. Once this bug starts the sky texture starts spinning.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 2999778243
there's a few shots that should be public.

Anyone have any guidance?

Another issue, the NPC hireling menu won't open, preventing me from talking to the golem to complete the quest. nm, binding Mouse 3 to something worked (whereas before I was just holding right click to move the mouse to the hireling button (though the button was depressing which was confusing).

masterserge379
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby masterserge379 » 09 Jul 2023, 17:44

Rodril wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 13:37
masterserge379 wrote: Unfortunately, I just found out that I can't get into the Breach anymore. I went through the same group of heroes twice the game. The first attempt to enter the Breach was classical - through the portal skill, as it should have been. During the second playthrough of the game, I was no longer able to properly enter the Breach. The cast didn't work. And I was able to get there thanks to the fact that I accidentally left a saved beacon. But when I started playing for the third time, all saved beacons were reset. And now I can't get into the Breach.
Tell me please some commands (on Debug Console) or other ways to get there.
You can use "evt.MoveToMap{0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,"Bralvar.odm"}" command. But could you send me your savegame, so i can inspect, what exactly causes it?
I went through the game again on purpose to get a save file, because I had already resaved the previous one. The problem remains. Here is the link:

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 09 Jul 2023, 21:15

Bug report:
Vetrinus Taleshire will still promote a character to Lich despite the quest being unfinished and them not having retrieved the Lost Book of Khel. Conditions I found this at:
- The character is a Master Necromancer (Enroth dark path top wizard promotion)
- The character has Antagarich Lich Jars in their inventory (from the Walls of Mist).

Needless to say, the promotion shouldn't be performed before the book is retrieved.

Another thing:
still seems like clubs start out with a recovery rate of 30, which makes them way too good compared to weaponry taht actually requires skills. I think this was fixed for the individual games with Grayface's patch, but is still a thing in merge.

_Morgoth_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby _Morgoth_ » 10 Jul 2023, 10:54

so i installed this mode i was almost finishing mm8 than suddenly every npc ingame is not there house.. only shop npcs are in there house with extra random npc... when i start a new game every thing is working fine. how can i fix this??

the minotorus town i helped is now compleetly void of npc.. and there main entrance is gone
after some more searching feels like every thing got reseted..
compleetly broken
Last edited by _Morgoth_ on 10 Jul 2023, 11:36, edited 1 time in total.

_Morgoth_
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby _Morgoth_ » 10 Jul 2023, 12:18

so did a clean install every thing works fine (setup_mm8_2.0.0.13) after installing (MM8.Patch.v2.5.7) the problems start

BMJedi
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby BMJedi » 10 Jul 2023, 19:04

The Merge includes the patch in its files. You don't need to install a second copy of the patch, assuming we're talking about the Grayface patch. That's your issue, if you're installing the patch on top of a Merge install.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke, "Clarke's Third Law".

Return to “Might and Magic”