MM7:Patch to deactivate the wishing well in the LOTGiants?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

MM7:Patch to deactivate the wishing well in the LOTGiants?

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 10 Feb 2011, 04:36

Is there a fan patch that deactivates the wishing will in the Land Of The Giants?

This thing ruins my games, always. I always tell myself that I won't go there this time but then, eventually, I end up bathing in that thing anyway, every time.

I'm just not strong enough to resist the temptation of that well.

Thanks.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 10 Feb 2011, 06:31

Try to imagine that this well doesn't work at all. Then don't click it at all.

When I play this game I never use this well, so why you cannot?

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 10 Feb 2011, 07:20

tolich wrote:Try to imagine that this well doesn't work at all. Then don't click it at all.

When I play this game I never use this well, so why you cannot?
(Warning crude analogy ahead)Well, I recently started smoking marijuana 'cause I couldn't resist the temptation.

We're not equal, not everybody is equally well prepared to withstand the lure of temptation. :)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 10 Feb 2011, 07:29

Doubt anyone have made patch to specifically disable one well.
To disable you would probably have to find in code value of that well and then edit some files manually. Thats quite advanced and tricky thing to do. Unless you have time to become modder or somone from local modding comunity can help with that I think it is better to train will power on this one and not use the well in old fashioned way.
Besides, unless your skipping ahead, isnt that well helping only for last 2 dungeons of game anyway, not to mention that it happens at the point when party is nearly unstoppable anyway, also not to mention fact that for normal party configuration(one that have priest/wizard) game is easy anyway.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Feb 2011, 18:32

Play without a cleric in the party. That way you won't be able to cast GM protection from magic and thus the well will kill you.

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 10 Feb 2011, 18:54

More importantly why we anyone make a patch because of your weakness. I'd rather someone make a patch so I can cut down the amount of ice crean I eat, so I can lose some weight. 8|
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 10 Feb 2011, 19:54

jeff wrote:I'd rather someone make a patch so I can cut down the amount of ice crean I eat, so I can lose some weight. 8|
That's a wrong way to think, it's a lot better if someone made a patch which allowed you to eat as much ice-cream as you like yet not gain any weight :P

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 10 Feb 2011, 21:55

jeff wrote:More importantly why we anyone make a patch because of your weakness.
Because maybe others have a similar issue with that particular part of the game as well. I was just asking, it could have been possible, that it is part of some patch.
GreatEmerald wrote:Play without a cleric in the party. That way you won't be able to cast GM protection from magic and thus the well will kill you.
I might end up trying to use the well without GM protection from magic. :D But yes, good idea, I've done that before.

Especially when I play a solo party, I prefer other classes. "Lately" though, the past 5 years or so, I tend to play bigger groups and a cleric is just a nice addition to a party, especially a might heavy group(if he doesn't try to proselytize the others :)).

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 11 Feb 2011, 02:07

GreatEmerald wrote: That's a wrong way to think, it's a lot better if someone made a patch which allowed you to eat as much ice-cream as you like yet not gain any weight :P
Absolutely correct, that's why I don't make patches. :D
TheAnyKey wrote:Because maybe others have a similar issue with that particular part of the game as well. I was just asking, it could have been possible, that it is part of some patch..
Of course and fan made patches are optional. :)
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 11 Feb 2011, 03:38

jeff wrote:Of course and fan made patches are optional. :)
What do you mean by "optional"? I hope nobody's forcing you to install any patches. :)

phamlongtuan
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby phamlongtuan » 11 Feb 2011, 09:21

small question, what is wishing well and what is that for? Never heard before......

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 11 Feb 2011, 10:02

In the Lands Of the Giants there's a well that can grant +10000 gold, or +5000 EXP, or +10 Skill Points, or +50 any resistance, or -50 Armor Class, or Stoned, or Dead, or Eradicated.
GM 'Protection from Magic' can protect from all maladies by '-50 Armor Class', but this one can be cured by rest.

It's up to you, adventurer, to use this well or not.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 11 Feb 2011, 12:35

Personally I like to use it exactly once - when I first find it, until protection from magic wears off. That doesn't break the game.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 11 Feb 2011, 17:22

Due to special engine of MM - patches won't have any power if you once visited Eofol - so take it like a man and play "as is".
You can contact me here:
maestro_mod@yahoo.com
vladud @ yandex.ru - preferred one
---
Site about MODs: http://www.mmgames.ru
---
if you wish to upload some materials for this site - let me know.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 11 Feb 2011, 17:57

vladimir-maestro wrote:Due to special engine of MM - patches won't have any power if you once visited Eofol - so take it like a man and play "as is".
They will, Maestro. Just remove a script from this well, and it doesn't work even in previously saved games.

Return to “Might and Magic”