Search found 782 matches

by Tress
Apr 15 2019, 8:33
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Does anybody use compass?
Replies: 12
Views: 605

Re: Does anybody use compass?

Also, players on left and right sides I think are universally a mistake, pretty common among cRPGs of the time Dont think that is too much of an issue. Wizardry 8 had similar setup (although its hidden for most of time) so never was problem. Baldurs gate/ icewind dale aslo had similar scheme. True ...
by Tress
Apr 9 2019, 9:02
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]
Replies: 121
Views: 78819

Re: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.2 [March 17, 2019]

Really minor bug but I noticed that even with latest greyface patch, completion text for black endurance potion quest in Ironsand displays text for luck potion instead.
by Tress
Apr 3 2019, 6:55
Topic: MM6 - Sy Roth - Teeth
Replies: 1
Views: 133

Re: MM6 - Sy Roth - Teeth

Seems they were removed from actual drop list. Still, the item have description left in some code as it is extracted by people who upkeep wiki. Well its not first or last loose end in mm series , like the crown in mm8
http://telp.org/mm6/tavern/anyboard/posts/33790.html
by Tress
Apr 1 2019, 6:53
Topic: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity
Replies: 9
Views: 690

Re: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity

Dont think any game with "open" in the name and such remakes are ever made with being "commercial success " in mind. All those games are fans making stuff for other fans. Unfortunately TES player base is bigger, and have better tools to have better creativity.
by Tress
Mar 25 2019, 12:39
Topic: Does anybody use compass?
Replies: 12
Views: 605

Re: Does anybody use compass?

Since pointer is integrated in minimap and its always aligned top/north unlike GTA where map rotates, compass is kinda redundant aside of aesthetic purposes, which nevertheless is important as seen pn MM9 where minimalist interface just kills any mood that's left in the game.
by Tress
Mar 18 2019, 12:49
Topic: Elmarion - a new game like Might and Magic
Replies: 6
Views: 526

Re: Elmarion - a new game like Might and Magic

Looks very nice. Cant say I am fan of "real world" premise but looks really nice. Hopefully you can manage to keep steam into development until it comes out. Lots of games like this encounter real world issues and get put into backlog forever. Anyway , looking forward to it as there basica...
by Tress
Mar 4 2019, 20:02
Topic: Has anyone fixed that annoying bug where AI projectiles stop behind allies?
Views: 251

Re: Has anyone fixed that annoying bug where AI projectiles stop behind allies?

I of course can be wrong as i am not modding MM games but I would bet thats a feature of engine same as physics ,clipping issue etc the game have , which I wouldn't expect to be fixed without rewriting engine. As for inside outside, i think game uses slightly different engines to handle the world in...
by Tress
Mar 3 2019, 20:08
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Questions about Elemental Planes
Replies: 4
Views: 347

Re: Questions about Elemental Planes

My guess, there isnt good answer as plot was probably made up on spot in pause between mm7-8 (so 1 year, during which you cant make solid lore that would explain everything, specially with team that isnt huge), and it just sounded cool as plot device. On other hand we can think up number of reasons ...
by Tress
Mar 3 2019, 19:15
Topic: Questions about Elemental Planes
Replies: 4
Views: 347

Re: Questions about Elemental Planes

Guess this is never really explained that tight but can consider that elemental planes are as large as material one (i.e size of cosmic universe), so opening it would place you in different space of same plane. Its not like whole water plane is 1x1 km map we see in mm8 That of course opens questions...
by Tress
Feb 28 2019, 7:37
Topic: MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald
Replies: 11
Views: 665

Re: MM7 Slaying Dragon in Emerald

Not really. It's possible to kill a dragon with only bows and smooth turning with no death at all but it is more time consuming and require a lot more coordination. You can even solo MorCarack and Wromthrax but be ready to spend at least 45 minutes doing this if no longer (however I cheated - my ch...
by Tress
Feb 27 2019, 14:19

Tress is right.., turning smooth gives you no chances but a quick death. That's how it works in all giant slayings. Never ever stop.., quick run or fly and quick turn. watch my dragon flight, it's the same. In my old playthroughs i used to kill blue dragon in Tatalia before that was possible by &qu...
by Tress
Feb 26 2019, 7:29

I did notice that you were turning left or right pretty fast in the game. In case you weren't aware, you can change it by going into Options and setting "Turn Rate" to "Smooth". I am pretty sure this is done on purpose as you need to quickly turn and shoot in this particular fig...
by Tress
Feb 25 2019, 7:26

In my experience dragon range attack is relatively slow and can be dodged and with full team of bows it can be done. Malwick wand of course makes it bit more easy and saves a little bit time.
by Tress
Feb 19 2019, 9:00
Topic: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity
Views: 690

Re: I hope one day MM will get something similar to OpenMW or Daggerfall Unity

Pretty sure there is few project like that. If you check this forum, there is pinned thread with "total remake" which basically is just that, think last commit was just a couple month ago so its not complitelly dead yet. Of course MM community(specially modding) is barely a faction of what...
by Tress
Feb 18 2019, 7:00
Topic: Armageddon's Blade campaigns order
Replies: 3
Views: 239

Re: Armageddon's Blade campaigns order

Unlike original game, campaigns are not related story wise (there may be vague mentions but that about it). Note that difficulty spike from original or even SOD is immense, and campaigns like dragon slayer is basically puzzle on how good you are with abusing game mechanics.
by Tress
Feb 16 2019, 8:08
Topic: MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)
Views: 263

Re: MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)

Only base skill is multiplied I think so "skill lvl 10 + master = 30 skill lvl + item bonus 5 = 35 effectiv skill lvl (just the cherry on top)" So you would need rank 10 master and +10 skill item to reach 40 threshold. What i dont remember though is if those skill bonuses stacked from seve...
by Tress
Feb 15 2019, 13:52
Topic: MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)
Views: 263

Re: MM 8 skills perception/id item(monster)

Disarm and Perception values for (i think) hardest dungeon - estacon crystal was 40 . Master triples skill so you would need 14 (including items , so base 10 + 10 item or similar) to pass those values. Dont remember what was value for ID artifacts but probably around same value. Edit : Artifact ID/R...
by Tress
Feb 9 2019, 21:17
Topic: MMDoC Revival
Views: 634

Re: MMDoC Revival

This is kinda great as MM DOC was actually one of rare TCG(i dislike TCG in general) that i liked and its bit sad Ubi canceled it, but i can understand that its hard to compete with HS, which would completely kill it without breaking sweat, even Valve with their huge paychecks completely failed to m...
by Tress
Feb 7 2019, 9:25
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Looking for a new game to play
Views: 522

Re: Looking for a new game to play

Payday 2 was really good. I think it still have community and it currently its in its final form with no more ever releasing DLCs and you can buy it for reasonable price. Also it has evolved alot since release with campaign mode and other stuff.
by Tress
Jan 29 2019, 9:21
Topic: 9 beneficial bugs/glitches in MM6
Views: 434

Re: 9 beneficial bugs/glitches in MM6

Pretty sure most of 10-17 can be considered actual game mechanics, although some of them can be somewhat badly thought out. Would agree on RoF as it seems really glitch and is removed in subsequent games. On actual game bugs, wasn't there bug that allowed to learn non-class skills ? I vaguely rememb...

Go to advanced search