GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
ebola1717
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ebola1717 » 05 Jan 2011, 08:21

I've been having a small bug in MM6 & 7 with GrayFace's patch. Some of the keyboard commands are responding slowly. If I press enter to go into turn-based combat mode, it might work, but usually it won't, and I have to press it a few times for it to register. Same thing happens with most of my other keys. The same bug happened in both 6 and 7, but not before I applied the unofficial patch.

For what it's worth, when I installed the patch for MM6, it also crashed whenever I set AlwaysStrafe on in the settings file. I don't think the two are related, and this bug doesn't really bother me.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 05 Jan 2011, 10:04

Had that and solved it by restarting the PC. If it persists, then I don't know...

ebola1717
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ebola1717 » 05 Jan 2011, 19:30

No it's happening consistently.

I guess its worth mentioning that the movement keys (I'm using WASD) are working fine, and Caps Lock turns on and off mouse look fine. Opening the spell book and changing characters works fine. It seems like only the keys where timing might matter (attack, quick cast spell, jump, and switch to turn-based combat) are having problems.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 06 Jan 2011, 09:06

Sounds like you didn't install the official patches first before you installed grayface's patch either that or your system has registry errors that are causing problems...

Try going to microsoft's security website and run a full system scan to find any registry errors or anything wrong that might be causing OS problems with the game.

Uninstall Might and Magic 6 and 7 in Windows using add/remove programs then re-boot and re-install Might and Magic 6 and 7 then install all the official patches first. Next then install grayface's unofficial patches...

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 12 Jan 2011, 13:46

My patch includes all changes of official patches. I've never tried the system scan and it may be helpful, but not in this case :) My guess is that you're probably using another old program that wasn't running back when you tried unpatched games. I'll fix this in the next versions of patches and will send them to you to try.
ebola1717 wrote:For what it's worth, when I installed the patch for MM6, it also crashed whenever I set AlwaysStrafe on in the settings file.
This is strange. Please send me the ErrorLog.txt from MM6 folder.
nutman wrote:HI, can you play Big Daddy Jims mod The Chaos Conspiracy with Grayfaces patch?
Yes, I've played through TCC with my patch without problems.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

thrakk
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby thrakk » 17 Jan 2011, 07:44

thrakk wrote:
thrakk wrote:The official game bug where you must choose between the +5 Int/Per (B2 well) or +10 Magic Resistance (B1 well) is annoying because I just realized I took one well before the other before deciding which I rather have.

Thanks for your you mad patching skills GrayFace
+10 Mag Res is in the village of Kriegspire (bigger sized well or fountain near the north-east end - it eradicates you)

(there's is also a +5 Elem Res bigger sized well between the Mountain Hermit and Superior Temple of Baa in Kriegspire - it is pretty easy to run to - it eradicates you)

+5 Int/Per is in a normal type of well at the bottom right of Blackshire - it diseases you

(there's also a +5 Mag Res bigger sized well in Blackshire a little southeast of the carnival on the hill - a little harder to run to at low levels - it diseases you)
GrayFace, would it be hard to write code that lets you use both fountains? (instead of having to choose between one or the other)

What about adding a right-click option that lets you exit conversations and houses?

ebola1717
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ebola1717 » 20 Jan 2011, 02:51

I tried turning strafe on again in the configuration and it works, so idk what the problem was. still having the problem with the keys though, and just ignoring it.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 21 Jan 2011, 10:38

Since it did crash, there should be ErrorLog.txt file anyway.
thrakk wrote:GrayFace, would it be hard to write code that lets you use both fountains? (instead of having to choose between one or the other
No, it should be pretty easy.
thrakk wrote:What about adding a right-click option that lets you exit conversations and houses?
Interesting idea. Should be easy to implement.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

ebola1717
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ebola1717 » 29 Jan 2011, 09:00

Just sent you the error log.

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Big Thanks

Unread postby artwen » 07 Feb 2011, 17:34

Hi GrayFace, I'm a Chinese fan of MM6 since 1998. Recently I'm re-playing this classic game and happened to find your patch. I read all of the above posts and have just registered to say thanks for all your hard-working on this fantastic patch.

Hi to other friends here in this forum, I like mm6 madly as you do! I have even dreamed that one day somebody can remake this game with modern computer technologies! (only change the 2.5d graphics engine to 3d while keep other features intact)

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby artwen » 08 Feb 2011, 07:59

Hello GrayFace I just wonder if fixing this bug is within your ability and plan?

I described the buggy hole in MM6 Hall of the Fire Lord here:
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... hp?t=11667

artwen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby artwen » 08 Feb 2011, 18:20

Bug report:

On the original mm6 both pairs of +/- keys can zoom in/out automap on the up-right corner of the interface, after patched only the +/- keys of the NumPad area work, the normal +/- keys (lined with keys 1-9) don't work anymore. Don't know if it's done by intention.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Would it be possible to create a NPC.txt?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 15 Mar 2011, 01:13

Would it be possible to create a NPC.txt like with the Monsters.txt to control what npcs appear and how often the more useful npcs appear? Like Follower of Baa 0 % or 1 % appearance rate, Carpenter and Wood Cutter 0 % or 1 % (mainly because they don't do anything useful and they are only used for the Fixing of the Temple in Freehaven)

Smith
Armorer
Alchemist
Scholar
Guide
Tracker
Pathfinder
Sailor
Navigator
Healer
Expert Healer
Master Healer
Teacher
Instructor
Arms Master
Weapons Master
Apprentice
Mystic
Spell Master
Trader
Merchant
Scout
Counselor
Barrister
Tinker
Locksmith
Fool
Chimney Sweep
Porter
Quarter Master
Factor
Banker
Cook
Chef
Horseman
Bard
Enchanter
Cartographer
Wind Master
Water Master
Gate Master
Acolyte
Piper
Explorer
Pirate
Squire
Psychic
Gypsy
Negotiator
Duper
Burglar

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Is this a bug with Grayface's patch or something internal?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 15 Mar 2011, 13:03

Temp Magic Resistance seems to go down from 20 to 15 on some characters when ever the game is saved then reloaded. Is this a known bug before the unofficial patches?

Edit seems like in the Shadow Guild in the Frozen Highlands, When in the Puzzle Room after getting teleported to the Leader's Room the selected character gets a - 5 to temp Magic Resistance.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 16 Mar 2011, 19:57

Travel from\To Free Haven\Mire of the Damned by Foot 5 Days
Travel from\To Free Haven\Mire of the Damned by Stables 5 Days Prima's Official Might and Magic 6 Guide says 3?

Is this the same unpatched?

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 16 Mar 2011, 21:05

Rune_Caster wrote:Is this the same unpatched?
Yes, it is.
Moreover, it takes 15 days to walk from the Castle Ironfist to the Hermit Isle (not taking fighting into account), while Queen Katerine delivers you 21 days. (Really you can just TP to Blackshire and walk there in 5 days).

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 25 Mar 2011, 23:19

Just installed might and magic 6 again after a long time and came across this mod, it seems great.
I have a couple of questions I couldn't figure out myself.

1. Is it possible to hide the mouse cursor when mouselook is enabled, I don't like it sitting in the middle of the screen all the time.

2. Can I change the toggle keys for alwaysrun and mouselook, I dislike having them on caps lock, and on the same key.

Thanks

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 26 Mar 2011, 18:29

Irq wrote:2. Can I change the toggle keys for alwaysrun and mouselook, I dislike having them on caps lock, and on the same key.
You might be able to reasign the CapsLock ToggleRun Key using grayface's MM6Controls. Not sure... I don't use mouse look...

I did make slight changes to the key layout because my keyboard does not have the insert key in the Home, End, Delete, PgUp and PgDn group changing PgDn to Home, Insert to PgDn so that Home/Delete control look up and down, PgUp/PgDn control flight controls and the lone insert key will stop flying. (which I always hit the PgDn thinking this would make my party fly down - but it drops my party... lol)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 26 Mar 2011, 18:46

I think that the configuration of that key is in mm6.ini.

Irq
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Irq » 26 Mar 2011, 19:25

I don't think I can change the caps lock key with that, and even if I can mouse look and always run is still on the same key.

I don't necessarily need to have a key to toggle autorun though, but I'm still hoping to find a way to hide the cursor during mouselook.

Return to “Might and Magic”