Grayface, would it be possible to patch World of Xeen?

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Grayface, would it be possible to patch World of Xeen?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 03 Jun 2010, 02:31

So far I have noticed a few bugs in the Might and Magic World of Xeen CD-ROM edition...

Bows do not normally spawn with the higher end treasure loops.
Weakness can auto-cure it's self.
Monsters that have Ranged attacks that are not in view of the player do not fire their projectiles or seem to be aware of the party.
No major penalties or drawbacks to not sleeping, my party has been awake for over a year of game time and the most I have seen is the weakness condition on them.
Visiting a Tavern, Temple, Guild, Blacksmith or Training Hall takes 1 day of game time per visit. (not sure if this was a mistake or intentional)

Edit

If you click on a Red Potion, Orange Potion, Blue Potion, Green Potion, Purple Potion, Yellow Potion, White Potion or Xeen Power Water and press esc or cancel it(not use it) the game counts it as the item as being used.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Jun 2010, 12:01

All bugs seem minor, except for 1 day penalty for visiting buildings, am I right? I haven't played WoX yet. Is it a DOS-only game? I guess so, thus it would be problematic to patch it.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 03 Jun 2010, 13:45

Yeap, it's DOS only.

DaveO
Demon
Demon

Unread postby DaveO » 03 Jun 2010, 14:00

The one day penalty is intentional since it's present from at least MM3 thru Xeen. It's also in Swords of Xeen.
I'd rather be part bull than a complete sheep.

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 03 Jun 2010, 14:01

forgot to add if you use an item any monster in view can make two moves if they are not in melee combat with you...

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Re: Grayface, would it be possible to patch World of Xeen?

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 22 Jun 2023, 10:57

So more odd behaviors Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire and Diamond rocks (quest items) are not saved properly by the game, as well as world bits, they seem to be stored in the game's memory but like the Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire and Dimond rocks they aren't actually saved to the save file. You can witness this with the books in Ellinger's Tower by reading them, getting the elemental buffs, saving your game and exiting to dos. Then type xeen and all the sudden you can get the buff again. OwO

https://xeen.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:World_bit

Return to “Might and Magic”