MMExtension v2.2 + MMEditor v2.1 Level Editor [June 4, 2019]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 16 Sep 2014, 21:43

I'm kind of in the same boat the the guy above. I'm trying to modify the events in Global.evt, but I don't know how to inject them into the game. I wish I could just directly edit the decompiled script I got from Greyface's site, as that would be easiest.

For example, let's say I want to edit barrels to only give a boost of 1 stat point:

event 384 -- "Red Barrel"
0: StatusText {Str = 583} -- "+2 Might permanent"
1: Add {"BaseMight", Value = 2}
2: Set {"AutonotesBits", Value = 33}
3: ChangeEvent {NewEvent = 383} -- "Empty Barrel"
end

Can I just copy the code out of the decompilation, edit it, and stick it somewhere for MMExtension to stick in the game?

If so, where? If not, what do I do?
"You don't have to be a vampire to die like one... bitch." -Simon Belmont

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 30 Sep 2014, 04:25

deleted.
Last edited by RobMM8 on 30 Sep 2014, 04:26, edited 2 times in total.

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 30 Sep 2014, 04:25

Can someone help me? I just started working on this and I have some questions.

Can you edit the outdoors maps? If so, then how do I do this?

Is there a way to make a quest?

How do I add a shop into an indoor location?

How do I import sprites from MM7 into MM8?

Is there a way to create new areas or at least expand on them?

Thanks for any info.

default8p
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby default8p » 04 Nov 2014, 08:44

Some spells can't be casted from scripts. For example day of gods (83) can be casted but hour of power (86) can't. Torch light (1) can't be casted but protection from fire (3) can be casted, haste also can not be casted (5). There are many spells that can't, I was wondering why this is.

DataPack
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby DataPack » 08 Dec 2014, 15:02

Does anyone know if there is a resolution mod for MM8?
Grayface made two for 6 and 7 but 8 must have been forgotten :(

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 24 Mar 2015, 01:00

RobMM8 wrote:Can you edit the outdoors maps? If so, then how do I do this?
The WIP version of the editor can do that, but it's not on the site yet.
RobMM8 wrote:Is there a way to make a quest?

How do I add a shop into an indoor location?
I can explain if you're still here.
RobMM8 wrote:How do I import sprites from MM7 into MM8?
With MMArchive, first importing the palettes used. You'll also want to edit Data\Tables\SFT.txt afterwards I'm sure.
RobMM8 wrote:Is there a way to create new areas or at least expand on them?
Yes, both are possible with the editor.
default8p wrote:Some spells can't be casted from scripts. For example day of gods (83) can be casted but hour of power (86) can't. Torch light (1) can't be casted but protection from fire (3) can be casted, haste also can not be casted (5). There are many spells that can't, I was wondering why this is.
The game handles spells cast by party members are differently from spells cast by events.
DataPack wrote:Does anyone know if there is a resolution mod for MM8?
Grayface made two for 6 and 7 but 8 must have been forgotten :(
It wasn't me, it was Angel Death: https://sites.google.com/site/angelddeath/
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 24 Mar 2015, 22:02

GrayFace wrote:I can explain if you're still here.
Yes, I'd love to know how to make working doors, quests, and a shop.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 02 Apr 2015, 10:36

The shop is very simple. Create <map name>.lua (e.g. d05.lua) file in Scripts\Maps folder and write this line:

Code: Select all

evt.house[100] = 2
Here instead of 100 write the Event ID you want. You should assign this id to building entrance in the editor. Instead of 15 write the ID of the shop in 2DEvents.txt file. 15 is the ID of the first armor shop.

I've updated quests support, so I'll explain when I roll out the new version of MMExt, which should happen really soon. All I can say is that I've made a simple and powerful way for adding new quests.
I should make a video tutorial about making doors.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

the beavers1
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby the beavers1 » 02 Apr 2015, 20:00

OOh sounds like this new version will allow for near-complete customization of MM 6-8!
"Rot in Hell You Penny Pinching Miser!"

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 11 Apr 2015, 14:18

I just want to say that it's really great to see you still around and active, Grayface. You've been exceptionally helpful over the last many years whenever you've crossed my path, and I have high hopes that you will eventually give me the tools I need to turn MM7 into the game I know it can be.

I just made a thread asking some questions that by rights should have been asked here, particularly as they are issues I've been harping on for years now (albeit with a slightly new spin :P ).

If you have a moment: viewtopic.php?t=15087

Again, many thanks for all that you have done.

(EDIT: I actually do have another question, now that I think on it... I was asking awhile back about editing the barrels of liquid, which I've since figured out how to do. The question is whether or not it's possible to make white liquid randomly appear in addition to the other colors.)

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 11 Apr 2015, 16:27

the beavers1 wrote:OOh sounds like this new version will allow for near-complete customization of MM 6-8!
Well, there still are "oh, there's no hook for this yet" situations everywhere, but most important is that level editing is now complete.
BTB wrote:I actually do have another question, now that I think on it... I was asking awhile back about editing the barrels of liquid, which I've since figured out how to do. The question is whether or not it's possible to make white liquid randomly appear in addition to the other colors.
Yes, it is. Do you want to do it on all maps or on some?

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 11 Apr 2015, 16:38

All maps, please :)

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 13 Apr 2015, 22:56

Another question!

Will this update allow for ways to edit spell level perks that are currently hardcoded? One of the things I want to do is bump Charm down to being an entry-level Mind spell, but I have no idea if that will work since I don't think Charm currently has a duration programmed for normal level. I'd also like to balance Fire Aura by making it go no higher than "of Fire" so that the potions that enchant weapons actually see some use. Though that does fall into the category of "removing existing perks", which I recall you saying is harder than adding new ones.

So, yeah, I'm very excited about this release. Looks like I picked a great time to get the modding bug again.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 15 Apr 2015, 15:57

I think spell number determines the minimal skill level, that is, there are 4 Novice books, 3 Expert, 3 Master and 1 GM book in any school.
What's already possible is changing spell damage.

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 15 Apr 2015, 23:17

(EDIT: gave up on this idea)
Last edited by BTB on 19 Apr 2015, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

BTB
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby BTB » 18 Apr 2015, 21:18

Ok, so rather than just pelting you with questions, I went ahead and updated my old thread about my mod with everything I'm thinking of doing:

viewtopic.php?p=355251

Of all the changes posted there, there's a good chunk that it's sounding like I'll be able to do with the update you're working on.

The handful of things that I'm still kind of unsure of are:

• Changing Stun and Telepathy into totally new spells. I basically want to transplant the effects of Stun wholesale over to Telepathy and then change Stun to a cheap bolt/missile spell that as far as I'm concerned can just use the arrow sound and animation (I'll probably call it "Magic Arrow" anyhow).

• Changing Fate into a "Vampiric Weapon" clone that instead conveys the "of Carnage" enchantment. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard, since you can just compare the Vampiric Weapon code to Fire Aura and that should tell you where the enchantment part is (which is good, because I also want to make it so that Fire Aura does not ever go past "of Fire")

• Changing the genie lamp effects. I have no idea where in the code they are, but they're certainly not in anything I've seen

• Changing the (seemingly hard-coded) properties of many artifacts/relics

• Changing the skill level bonuses of NPC hirelings (i.e. having the Monk boost Unarmed/Dodging by 3 or 4 instead of 2).

• Making chests simply locked instead of trapped. This one I imagine may not actually be doable, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

For the record, I did give up on making Charm a normal level spell and moving Telekinesis over to the Mind school, so you can scratch my above question on that. But if you could at least give me a general idea regarding the feasibility of everything I posted up there, it would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by BTB on 19 Apr 2015, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

theorclair
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby theorclair » 19 Apr 2015, 01:30

Is there a way to make items like Zokarr's Axe sellable?

RobMM8
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby RobMM8 » 21 Apr 2015, 22:04

GrayFace wrote:
the beavers1 wrote:OOh sounds like this new version will allow for near-complete customization of MM 6-8!
Well, there still are "oh, there's no hook for this yet" situations everywhere, but most important is that level editing is now complete.
BTB wrote:I actually do have another question, now that I think on it... I was asking awhile back about editing the barrels of liquid, which I've since figured out how to do. The question is whether or not it's possible to make white liquid randomly appear in addition to the other colors.
Yes, it is. Do you want to do it on all maps or on some?
Got the shop to work, thanks! Will wait for the quest part. Also is it possible to add to an indoor area? Rather than simply changing the content to an indoor area, can I add new rooms? Again, thanks for the help. )))

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Apr 2015, 02:22

RobMM8 wrote:Also is it possible to add to an indoor area? Rather than simply changing the content to an indoor area, can I add new rooms?
Of cause!

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 08 May 2015, 16:10

BTB wrote:• Making chests simply locked instead of trapped. This one I imagine may not actually be doable, but I figured I'd ask anyway.
BTW, this one is doable with scripts already. But to do it like that all "OpenChest" events must be replaced with a call to custom function that would check if it can be unlocked and either remove the trap or say that it's locked.
theorclair wrote:Is there a way to make items like Zokarr's Axe sellable?
Not yet I guess.

Return to “Might and Magic”