GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 27 Jul 2011, 23:51

But Poison Spray deals Water damage in MM7 and MM8, while it deals Poison damage (same as Acid Burst) in MM6.

Shrapmetal dealt physical damage in MM6, but changed to Dark elemental damage in MM7/MM8. On that line of thought, I think no spell in MM7/MM8 was meant to do physical damage.

It feels wrong to defeat Medusas with Acid Burst when they are supposed to be the only magic immune foe in MM7.

MM7 and MM8 lack a high damage, long range Water elemental attack. Ice Blast doesn't work correctly and never did.
At least MM6 had a much stronger Ice Bolt than MM7/MM8's.

Poison Spray is great. For 2 MP, it outdamages Acid Burst at close range. Less projectiles than Sparks, but each projectiles deals higher damage.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 08 Oct 2011, 20:24

Another bug found (this was probably in the original MM8 from 3DO too):

Rock Blast (at least the enemies', ie Boulders and Earth Elementals, haven't tested my own) deal physical damage. It ignores Earth Resistance and is halved by wearing master plate armor!

unknownone
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby unknownone » 09 Oct 2011, 11:50

I think it's intended to work this way. A rock is physical..
I've played and enjoyed many RPGs:
MM6,MM7,MM8,MM9, Fallout 1&2, Planescape Torment, Torment: ToN, TES3, TES4

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 09 Oct 2011, 18:28

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Another bug found (this was probably in the original MM8 from 3DO too):

Rock Blast (at least the enemies', ie Boulders and Earth Elementals, haven't tested my own) deal physical damage. It ignores Earth Resistance and is halved by wearing master plate armor!
That explains why the Plane of Earth always seemed harder than the others . . .
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 09 Oct 2011, 21:48

unknownone wrote:I think it's intended to work this way. A rock is physical..
Well, that makes buffing your Earth resistance far less useful.

Acid Burst is also physical damage, BTW

Rune_Caster
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Rune_Caster » 09 Oct 2011, 23:40

I think they went too far with damage types in MM7-8 I liked it when it was Fire, Cold, Electricity, Poison, Magic and Energy in MM3-5

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 10 Oct 2011, 20:55

UndeadHalfOrc wrote:Another bug found (this was probably in the original MM8 from 3DO too):

Just tested. Your own Rock Blasts deal Earth elemental damage. Only the enemies (and traps) rock blasts deal physical.

So, it's clearly a bug.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Oct 2011, 11:50

Had some fun today with 5 vampires in mistform in the Earth Plane.

Only "Blades" fired from lesser earth elementals could damage them! They were immune to all physical attacks and rock blasts.
They quickly healed any damage from Blades with Lifedrain.

UndeadHalfOrc
Cyber Zombie
Cyber Zombie

Unread postby UndeadHalfOrc » 23 Oct 2011, 12:27

Apparently I just found a fix to the bug......

Changing the damage type of the earth elementals (and Boulders) from Physical to Earth made their rock blast spells deal actual Earth damage and harm my physical immune vampires!

The downside to this fix is that rock blasts can be resisted by earth resistance, so they are far less scary to non-Knights/Minotaurs now....

TheAnyKey
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby TheAnyKey » 28 Oct 2011, 16:41

I've noticed that "Increases light magic" rings/amulets give the proper bonuses(+1 for every even level) up to level 40 light magic(+20 bonus). After level 40 the bonuses decrease again. Had it at level 41(+19 bonus).

Don't know if it is the same with the other magic skills, thus far I only had light magic over level 40.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 30 Oct 2011, 15:58

60 is the cap. In MM6 items "of X magic" could boost the skill beyond 60 AFAIR, in MM8 they can't.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 31 Oct 2011, 09:06

Does light master level 60 mean that Day of Gods boosts attributes by 300, and Hour of Power casts its parts on level 300, and last 301 hours?

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 03 Nov 2011, 18:53

Yes, that's right.
My patches: MM6 MM7 MM8. MMExtension. Tools. Also, I love Knytt Stories and Knytt Underground. I'm also known as sergroj.

GrayFace
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby GrayFace » 26 Aug 2012, 04:28

Version 1.5.1
[-] My bug: Dead monsters could sometimes move in version 1.5.

Also notice Choose Party scripts for MMExtension.

Xfing
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Xfing » 10 Sep 2012, 20:18

I believe I have mentioned this before: Do you know of the bug in MM8 which, if solved, could make the game much more challenging? Namely, hitscan spells wielded by monsters have no effect. I assume that the creators' intention was for them to work. But they have absolutely no effect. Namely:

Greater Air Elementals' "Implosion"
Greater Earth Elementals' "Mass Distortion"
Plane/Chaos Overlords/Guardians/Protectors' "Paralyze"

I might have skipped some. Be that as it may, none of the above has any effect, the monster just performs its casting animation but nothing happens to the party. Please check out if there's a possibility to repair this issue, it would reintroduce much of the needed difficulty to MM8. Damn, imagine flying into a crowd of those behemoth copies all casting Paralyze on your various team members. Now THAT would make the Plane Between Planes a nightmare.

Nara
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Town portal glitch

Unread postby Nara » 03 Jan 2013, 20:59

I've installed the patch, so now I can finally play Might and Magic 8 thanks, however the spell Town Portal doesn't seem to work? Firstly I could only get dagger wound island on the first game, restarted and now its only Alvar and Dagger wound island, does anyone else have this problem?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 03 Jan 2013, 21:47

Are you remembering to drink from the prerequisite fountains?
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 03 Jan 2013, 21:49

Xfing wrote:Damn, imagine flying into a crowd of those behemoth copies all casting Paralyze on your various team members. Now THAT would make the Plane Between Planes a nightmare.
If the game didn't inspire you to have Protection From Magic by that point, anyway . . .

Nara
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Nara » 03 Jan 2013, 22:49

Bandobras Took wrote:Are you remembering to drink from the prerequisite fountains?
O.k, now I feel stupid LOL Been playing the M&M games for years and forget rule 101 on Town portal @_@ Thanks Bandobras

tolich
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby tolich » 04 Jan 2013, 05:20

Nara wrote:O.k, now I feel stupid LOL
Don't blame yourself, this prerequisite touches but two games, MM8 and MM9.

Return to “Might and Magic”