Too much luck in the Tactics phase!

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
MrSteamTank
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby MrSteamTank » 19 Jun 2006, 00:55

ClownRoyal wrote:
ThunderTitan wrote:
ClownRoyal wrote: So if they increased the battlefield size, I'd like so see the faster units keep their move ranges as they are now, while the slower units got some sort of movement increase. They already take about 1 turn every few years as it is, at least let them get to the battle before it's over.
They could use it even with the current BF size. Heck, you can kill a stack of no matter how many Zombies with just one fast unit and ur hero.
That is very true.
Just give the hero X amount of moves and then that should be balanced. Ranged units were given shots to balance fast moving ranged units against slow moving melee units so why don't they do the same with the untargettable heroes?

You could give the hero the ability to only move 20-30 times in a match before running out of 'moves' to prevent this kind of abuse and nobody would really mind.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 01:03

Oh yes we would. But if you just give him shots like the shooters it would work. No reason why he shouldn't be able to cast spells or special abilities.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 08:34

ThunderTitan wrote: As far as i can tell putting shooters on the second row means no creature can reach them in their first turn, so if you only make it bigger and have most non-shooter creatures be able to cross it in 2 turns it shouldn't make shooters any better then they are now.
Cerberi starting in the third row(hero with tactics)can reach the end,and so can some large mounts.
MrSteamTank wrote:You could give the hero the ability to only move 20-30 times in a match before running out of 'moves' to prevent this kind of abuse and nobody would really mind.
If heroes attack was subject to attack and defense,and if he had some 12 shots,it would be ok.Better still,if hero wasnt invunerable it would be the best.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 11:40

DaemianLucifer wrote:Cerberi starting in the third row(hero with tactics)can reach the end,and so can some large mounts.
They could always make Tactics give you 4 rows or something.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Dublex
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dublex » 19 Jun 2006, 12:16

I don't think the battlefield structure could be extended now (its hard coded) but I guess he speed limit could be fairly easily changed so that is more balanced.
Last edited by Dublex on 19 Jun 2006, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 19 Jun 2006, 12:44

Hard coded ? Well, if coders cannot modify their code, the world's ending ^^

Tarm
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tarm » 19 Jun 2006, 13:12

To be honest I think the casters (mages and druids) and ranged units are strong enough already. Increasing the size of the field would make H5 all about getting the first ranged volleys I think.

But then again you have the heavy horses who molest whatever is across the field of them.

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 19 Jun 2006, 13:53

Well, the casters and ranged are already too strong and need tweaking anyway. So they should be tweaked in concordance to the tweaked BF =)

(honestly, casters are way overpowered, especially considering how splitting stacks increase the raw damage output)

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Unread postby Alamar » 19 Jun 2006, 13:58

IMHO large creatures need some help also. Titans may not need a lot of help but creatures like Liches that don't have overpowering offensive spells and are large just beg to get blocked in the first turn.

It also doesn't help if your genies happen to be vulnerable early also ...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jun 2006, 14:15

The ranged units that don't have No Melee Penalty are only useful to steal retaliation and in the beggining when they can actualy shoot. That's why they have that big damage that everyone thinks it's overpowered.

So they're either too good (when they can shoot) or rather useless (when they can't). Frankly I don't like that.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jun 2006, 14:18

Dublex wrote:I don't think the battlefield structure could be extended now (its hard coded) but I guess he speed limit could be fairly easily changed so that is more balanced.
Considering that in beta and demo other BF sizes were just disabled,it seems likely thats the case with the game.So maybe the other BF sizes can be unlocked.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”