Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 05.11.2023]

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Re: Might and Magic 6, 7, 8 merge based on mm8 engine. [upd. 23.07.2023]

Unread postby Tomsod » 20 Aug 2023, 05:58

Yeah, there's an engine limit of 138 equipped+carried items. Typically it only becomes noticeable if you have a (nearly) full backpack of one-tile items such as rings or herbs. Dunno why NWC couldn't have made it just a little higher -- it wouldn't be an issue then.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 20 Aug 2023, 16:38

She's only carrying 22 items + 15 equipped, so 37 total. Maybe it's counting ghost items somehow that aren't in her inventory anymore. It did seem to gradually get worse. At some point she could carry a few more items than she can now.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Rodril
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Rodril » 20 Aug 2023, 22:56

Macros the Black wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 16:38 She's only carrying 22 items + 15 equipped, so 37 total. Maybe it's counting ghost items somehow that aren't in her inventory anymore. It did seem to gradually get worse. At some point she could carry a few more items than she can now.
Send me your save game file, please.

Tomsod
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Tomsod » 21 Aug 2023, 07:25

Macros the Black wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 16:38 She's only carrying 22 items + 15 equipped, so 37 total. Maybe it's counting ghost items somehow that aren't in her inventory anymore. It did seem to gradually get worse. At some point she could carry a few more items than she can now.
This does sound like ghost items. After you send Rodril the save, try unequipping and removing everything from the PC's inventory and then erasing whatever might be left:

Code: Select all

for _, item in Party[Game.CurrentPlayer].Items do item.Number = 0 end
This should remove any ghost items if that's the problem. Although whatever bug has been generating them obviously still remains.

NhanGia71
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby NhanGia71 » 21 Aug 2023, 16:10

Hi!
I install and run Merge mod , base on MM8 GoG version. On the Quest for Temple of the Sun to Destroy the Skeleton Tranformer. I'm finish clear the Necromancer Guild. Locking the Gate but then when going to The Skeleton Tranformer room to active the Video when player destroying the machine. The video is not Loading, event dont active to complete the quest. I try to install orther version. The revamp Master , loading the save. The video destroy the skeleton tranformer is still working. So something is not working in merge base version. (i'm using lastest patch, lastest base merge mod on the first post)
Here my save file from Merge mod version :https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1yj2a317 ... fuzuk&dl=0
Last edited by NhanGia71 on 22 Aug 2023, 02:33, edited 1 time in total.

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 21 Aug 2023, 21:02

That explains what was happening with the inventory of the hero I was using in the Adventurers' Inn as reagent storage. Just wouldn't let me stash that last Phirna Root!
I will die on the rock that Deyja has a Spanish J

Kinox
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kinox » 22 Aug 2023, 00:02

Macros the Black wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 03:14 My Lich cannot carry more items in her inventory even though it's not full. It's like there is a maximum number of items she can carry somehow? Because if I move an item out of her inventory, then she can carry another one. I can even give one of her equipped items to another character and it will free up space for another item. The size of the items doesn't matter either, as long as they fit in the inventory.

I would have tried to dismiss her and rehire, but she's the main character.

I don't know what triggered this issue or how to fix it. I remember seeing it before but I think it fixed itself at some point.
Glad I wasn't the only one knowing an easy fix to this bug.

So far as I can remember, I had this bug more than once playing MM8 alone (never MM7 nor MM6), but then in MMMerge it seems to happen again.

I suspect it might be something related to MM8's Inventory getting mixed up with a set of different Items. Were you by chance collecting Reagents and trophies for selling in Alvar, Jadame? Besides the abundance of Reagents and Ore in Alvar, the monsters' drops there, from Ogres and Wasps, are also insane; eventually on Looting so many random junk it messes up the Inventory. I mention this because I believe it might be some sort of 'Alvarian' thing (or Items we usually collect in Alvar... so maybe it's the Wasps' stuff). For me, it was always in or after Alvar that I realised suddenly Inventory was bugged out.

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 22 Aug 2023, 19:52

Rodril wrote: 20 Aug 2023, 22:56
Send me your save game file, please.
Sent by pm. :)
Tomsod wrote: 21 Aug 2023, 07:25 This does sound like ghost items. After you send Rodril the save, try unequipping and removing everything from the PC's inventory and then erasing whatever might be left:

Code: Select all

for _, item in Party[Game.CurrentPlayer].Items do item.Number = 0 end
This should remove any ghost items if that's the problem. Although whatever bug has been generating them obviously still remains.
Yep! This solved it, thank you!!

Klinox, I may have been clearing out the respawned Dragon Cave in Garrote Gorge (dragon eyes), but not sure. It did get worse in Regna so maybe from Ogre Ears. I was also clearing out Hermit's Isle before that. So no Alvar but in either case, I'm sure I was looting A LOT of items.
You'd think Darkmoor was a ghost town, but instead there's plenty of life among the dead.

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 23 Aug 2023, 19:57

I have quite possibly the smallest and least necessary suggested addition. Giving Tanir's Bell the bell ring sound when clicked on a character, like the gong or flute have notes.

edit: Would someone very kindly point me in the right direction of instructions/tutorials on how to make a sub-mod for MMMerge? As I would like to make a mow which adds HoMM 2 & 3 artefacts, starting with the easy ones (amulets, rings, gauntlets) and perhaps one day even the difficult ones (everything else!)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Aug 2023, 07:41

Lurdur wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 19:57 I have quite possibly the smallest and least necessary suggested addition. Giving Tanir's Bell the bell ring sound when clicked on a character, like the gong or flute have notes.
neat, i didnt know that until it was mentioned here.
also the chime of harmony and the harp (both from the quest/dungeons @castle ironfist) have sounds
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)
https://www.mightandmagicworld.de/fileb ... index.html

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Aug 2023, 10:22

Lurdur wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 19:57 Would someone very kindly point me in the right direction of instructions/tutorials on how to make a sub-mod for MMMerge? As I would like to make a mow which adds HoMM 2 & 3 artefacts, starting with the easy ones (amulets, rings, gauntlets) and perhaps one day even the difficult ones (everything else!)
i have had a look at the homm3 artifacts:
most of those are very specific for a game with troups - the rest of them have so poor stats, that most merge items with a little enchantment are already better then them
V2: Compendium of mm6-8 Secrets + Details about the base merge and DaveHer's redone merge (its in english!)

justl
Demon
Demon

Unread postby justl » 27 Aug 2023, 14:45

Hi,

another thing maybe no one has noticed before:

when using the spell/scroll "cure insanity" the (insane) character gets weakened after getting cast on it - you have to use cure weakness too.

if you use the cure insanity potion instead you dont have the weakened state afterwards - dont know if its vanilla (in both cases), but there is a discrepancy doing it 2-ways

best regards
justl

edit: it didnt happen all the time, but on occasion - and yes, i have checked that the character doesnt also has had weak condition

Arch-vile
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arch-vile » 27 Aug 2023, 18:04

@Rodril
Awards for quests from Verdant.

I added awards to the file Quest_SavingGoobers.lua
They work great, but after saving and reloading the game, they no longer appear in Awards.

https://ibb.co/QQdL0gV

https://ibb.co/1Kd37Gq

https://ibb.co/D8ZT0hL

eilacomeva
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby eilacomeva » 28 Aug 2023, 21:11

A minor bug - the thumbs up in the council of Enroth are wrong, I've done Osric but not yet Albert Newton but their thumbs suggest the opposite

https://ulozto.net/tamhle/aqRlJNEx5Ndw# ... A2MwZ0At==

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 29 Aug 2023, 00:49

justl wrote: 27 Aug 2023, 10:22
Lurdur wrote: 23 Aug 2023, 19:57 Would someone very kindly point me in the right direction of instructions/tutorials on how to make a sub-mod for MMMerge? As I would like to make a mow which adds HoMM 2 & 3 artefacts, starting with the easy ones (amulets, rings, gauntlets) and perhaps one day even the difficult ones (everything else!)
i have had a look at the homm3 artifacts:
most of those are very specific for a game with troups - the rest of them have so poor stats, that most merge items with a little enchantment are already better then them
Well, I would tweak them to fit the new game genre too, I had thought at least that far ahead (but honestly very little further than that)

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 29 Aug 2023, 21:14

I think it's a fun idea. I'm all for more artifacts either way as long as they're not completely overpowered compared to what already exists. And I like the idea of tying in things from the Heroes games more.

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 29 Aug 2023, 23:21

I swear I watched a video on youtube outlining how to add items to MMMerge last week, but I can't for the life of me find it again, even in my history it seems to have vanished. My search-fu is very weak, I bring my family great dishonour. Please, link me a tutorial and I will create this sub-mod, then I shall regain my honour! Or something like that, anyway.

cthscr
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby cthscr » 30 Aug 2023, 12:09

eilacomeva wrote: 28 Aug 2023, 21:11 A minor bug - the thumbs up in the council of Enroth are wrong, I've done Osric but not yet Albert Newton but their thumbs suggest the opposite

https://ulozto.net/tamhle/aqRlJNEx5Ndw# ... A2MwZ0At==
Awards should be shifted by 1 for CouncilAwBits in Scripts/General/CouncilAppearance.lua. Bounty hunt award should be shifted as well.
(All the code that used 'evt.ForPlayer(0).Cmp("Awards", n)' doesn't need any change unlike 'Party[0].Awards[n]')

Tsukistar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Tsukistar » 01 Sep 2023, 02:17

Pardon if this is a stupid question; I'm a bit new to messing around with mods and the Merge buuuut...

I'm interested in the one mod that splits racial skills from the classes that's listed in the tracker, but I can't seem to get it to work, unless there's something I'm missing? I've replaced the skill table file, and I've tried editing the LUA as well; though each time I tried to test it by making a non-dragon dragon, they don't have the Dragon Ability skill. I've messed around with it a little - but my code-fu and google-fu are both lacking.

Is there something I'm missing, or did a recent update to the Merge render the racial skill mod listed in the tracker out of date/obsolete?

Lurdur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Lurdur » 01 Sep 2023, 18:47

Tsukistar wrote: 01 Sep 2023, 02:17 Pardon if this is a stupid question; I'm a bit new to messing around with mods and the Merge buuuut...

I'm interested in the one mod that splits racial skills from the classes that's listed in the tracker, but I can't seem to get it to work, unless there's something I'm missing? I've replaced the skill table file, and I've tried editing the LUA as well; though each time I tried to test it by making a non-dragon dragon, they don't have the Dragon Ability skill. I've messed around with it a little - but my code-fu and google-fu are both lacking.

Is there something I'm missing, or did a recent update to the Merge render the racial skill mod listed in the tracker out of date/obsolete?
Can you speedrun yourself to Garrote Gorge? Get to the Dragon caves and see if the expert Dragon skill teacher will grant it to you. This worked the opposite way 'round for me, made a Dark Elf a Knight, then the expert DE skill teacher offered to teach me the DE ability.

Return to “Might and Magic”