Academy looks

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Is academy the town with worst looking creatures?

Abso-didly-lutley!
18%
Its pretty bad,but not worst of all
18%
Its as good as the rest
27%
No,I like the quirkiness of this town
18%
No,I like the quirkiness of this town
18%

Total votes: 22

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Academy looks

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 May 2006, 16:29

This is the town that has the two worst looking creatures in the game:The juke box and the small headed handling.That coupled with leaning titans of pizza,stuffed gremlins and naga clones aka transvestites.So Im nominating academy for the worst looking town ever award.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Academy looks

Unread postby dragonn » 04 May 2006, 16:53

DaemianLucifer wrote:This is the town that has the two worst looking creatures in the game:The juke box
True they aren't very lively, especially in comparison to Gargoyles from other Heroes games. I think they could stay in that form, but for instance when attacking they should transform into something more aggressive...
DaemianLucifer wrote: That coupled with leaning titans of pizza
I like those units. They remind me of Trows from Myth: The Fallen Lords. And their attack is awsome!
DaemianLucifer wrote: naga clones aka transvestites.
Hey leave my favourite Academy units alone! Rakshassa Raja is one of the best looking units in the game. And I don't think they are transvestites. I think the mechanism works like that: there is a mage, and he summons a Rakshassa from her plane. Then the mage gets a promotion, and now with bigger funds and knowledge he is able to summon a stronger being in the place of the she-cat: the Raja. It is not a traditional type of an upgrade when an old unit gets better equipment/training. In this case one unit is replaced with another one. And there are a lot of many-handed beasts in fantasy worlds. Naga in hinduism is a divine serpent with many heads, not a woman with a serpent body and many arms...
DaemianLucifer wrote: So Im nominating academy for the worst looking town ever award.
I dislike some units from other towns. So I will replace them with the units I like :D
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Vlad976

Unread postby Vlad976 » 04 May 2006, 17:15

I agree for this reason:
DaemianLucifer wrote:The juke box
Simmons: I think you’re asking me if these computers store all the data on Red and Blue armies?
Sarge: Control Alt Bingo.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 May 2006, 17:33

dragonn wrote:Then the mage gets a promotion, and now with bigger funds and knowledge he is able to summon a stronger being in the place of the she-cat: the Raja.
Careful.That sentence is very sexist,and you mighy just find out how strong the gentle sex can become :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 May 2006, 17:58

Its as good as the rest

I like this town but agree completely in that the gargoyles should be more flexible when moving attacking then turn back to "jukebox". The djinn should have a bigger head and smaller hands, is that so freaking hard to see for nival and ubi? I guess so. And if its possible please change some creatures looks, animations and names in an expansion!

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 04 May 2006, 18:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:
dragonn wrote:Then the mage gets a promotion, and now with bigger funds and knowledge he is able to summon a stronger being in the place of the she-cat: the Raja.
Careful.That sentence is very sexist,and you mighy just find out how strong the gentle sex can become :devil:
Of course I didn't mean to offense anyone, I meant the statistics :D Mutare was the Dragon Queen, Kathrine was the queen of the Griffin Kingdom, thus I don't argue with the fact that our ladies can really become strong :D
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 May 2006, 18:35

Man, Wizard/Tower/Academy was always my favorite faction... but now... :(

Still I can't decide if it's really worse that all the other towns... maybe after I check out the Dungeon and Academy ingame. The B.Dragon and the E.Dragon don't seem to look very good either...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 May 2006, 18:55

dragonn wrote:I like those units. They remind me of Trows from Myth: The Fallen Lords. And their attack is awsome!
Oh come on!Trows are awsome!And these titans look just so...schwartzenegery

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 04 May 2006, 19:00

No, they're actualy an effigy to Duke Nukem. I guess the Wizards worship him instead of the Dragon-Gods. They just forgot the sunglasses.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 04 May 2006, 19:12

DaemianLucifer wrote:
dragonn wrote:I like those units. They remind me of Trows from Myth: The Fallen Lords. And their attack is awsome!
Oh come on!Trows are awsome!And these titans look just so...schwartzenegery
I only said they remind me of them...I remember those pieces of their victims flying around the whole map. I wonder how H5 would like if units ended up this way after fatal attacks. Well, the game would probably get an M category...

theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 05 May 2006, 00:24

Yeah, Titans really look like Duke! The looks in the concept art was much better, I wonder why they changed it. Do you remember the dark greyish angry looking Titan art? Now it's as if it looks down on others :) Funny.
I kinda like the Gargoyles. At least I'm not bothered.
As of Djinn, yeah, there is a more than a bit of exaggeration. But that's what we see throughout the game. So I'm not bothered still.

I had higher expectations of the Titans, especially after seeing the art. By the way, does anyone have the url for that?
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Boromir
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Boromir » 05 May 2006, 07:02

I like the new Academy creatures' look. I know Gargs are controversial, but IMHO they fit the Academy at least, while the previous ones were better for Dungeon/Warlocks. Rakshasa Raja and Titan are two of the greatest-looking units in the game, right after Wights and Wrights, who are the leaders here. Djinn is cool either.
In my case it has always been like with ThunderTitan's: this faction has always been my favourite. Now, I still like it very much, but probably the new "leader" will be Necropolis, leaving Academy as the runner-up. Those Wrights are just so cool! ;)
Cheers,
Boromir
For every difficult question there is an easy answer: short, simple and wrong.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 05 May 2006, 18:53

vote No,I like the quirkiness of this town

Probably my favorite town and will be when the game comes out. I have the Town on my desktop and I like the new Rakasha (sp?). I'm also glad they kept the titan the most powerful unit.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 May 2006, 20:38

Oh, I also have the town as my desktop background, sans creatures though, just the in-town artwork, which is beautifully done.

The only creature the looks of which I really like would be the mage/archmage. Now, the rest I can probably force myself to get on board with, but not the djinn. Oh my, no. To this day, I believe that must be some cosmic joke I've not been let in on. 8|

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 May 2006, 21:47

The town itself is nice.They really did a good job with towns and nature,but creatures and heroes :disagree: So we have an excelent background,but the rest is lousy.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 06 May 2006, 03:19

The elephants as the travel idea is kind of lame but its original. I love originality.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”