Search found 108 matches

by Arqane
16 Sep 2006, 03:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Persistent problem in Heroes games-lack of scaling
Replies: 9
Views: 2888

Part of the point of the games is to build up a big enough army to make things trivial. If everything kept building with you, where would all the trouncing go?
by Arqane
15 Sep 2006, 09:26
Topic: Magic compared to earlier series
Replies: 21
Views: 5882

Magic has gone all over the place in the series. It's been very powerful, and very weak. Usually in the games where it was the most powerful, it took a very large percentage of your resources to get the spells. In some of the games, the sheer number of spells made it hard to get all the ones you wan...
by Arqane
14 Sep 2006, 21:26
Topic: 1.3 Academy
Replies: 179
Views: 51719

Well, it did change your strategy if you wait until everything is built until you start making your mini-artifacts and you rely heavily on archmages. I like Academy, and I've been very successful with them, and I really don't have to change my strategy much at all. Razzak with his golems hasn't chan...
by Arqane
13 Sep 2006, 18:42
Topic: Patch 1.3 changelog, patch due September 13th.
Replies: 50
Views: 14705

Most of the major ones are probably planned for the Expansion Pack would be my guess.
by Arqane
13 Sep 2006, 07:05
Topic: Patch 1.3 changelog, patch due September 13th.
Replies: 50
Views: 14705

Ah, I love direct translations. That was pretty funny. Of course, it's still better than someone trying to translate the grammar correctly, something always gets lost.

I really love the "Tunika of the worked on meat" (Tunic of Carved Flesh)
by Arqane
13 Sep 2006, 02:58
Topic: Which army without heroes prevails ?
Replies: 29
Views: 8047

Well, you're basically looking at Duel Mode that's already there, but taking out the L15 heros. It would be nice if they had a point buy system for Duel mode to build your own armies/heros up. Anyway, I chose Sylvan, because they're probably the hardest to kill without magical intervention. No one h...
by Arqane
12 Sep 2006, 02:35
Topic: Why the dungeon can not be a "might" faction...
Replies: 46
Views: 8487

Well, sorry to say, but mostly people that are fairly new to Dungeon think the Furies are the uber unit that dungeon has. They're actually one of the weakest, they're just good against neutrals. They're handy, but WAY overrated in big battles (which I usually use to my advantage). That's like missin...
by Arqane
11 Sep 2006, 20:51

Nah, pretty simple tactics for Dungeon. Haven's the one that has to charge, since good placement of Blood Furies, or one fly-by and retreat by the Black Dragons will basically remove the Marksmen, giving Haven no other choice. Imperial Griffins are nice, but their greatest strength is against low in...
by Arqane
10 Sep 2006, 20:29
Topic: Academy build-up
Replies: 20
Views: 6172

I think you over-emphasize fast build-up; this is not Heroes 3. Of course one needs to build as fast as possible, but the aim is not in the level 7 dwelling, as it is not the most effective one. That's exactly what I was going to say. I actually prefer Razzak. He can actually play a style that the ...
by Arqane
10 Sep 2006, 20:17

Well then just double those numbers. The problem is, the AA and Paladin combo weakens considerably as the battle goes on. The AAs can only resurrect once, the Paladins can keep going until they're gone, but that's why surrounding the Paladins is a good idea. Even after they're resurrected by 4-8 Ang...
by Arqane
10 Sep 2006, 05:22

What are you trying to compare exactly? 2 L1 Wizards to minimize the hero's effect on the units? And then exactly the same skills? And then you'd have to discount troop training (which makes a huge difference, your wizards don't have them). Then it really depends on your tactics. Let's assume 1 mont...
by Arqane
09 Sep 2006, 05:56

I'd have to disagree a bit with dungeon having such a hard time with dungeon against neutrals. Though it is very true that you have to be extremely careful with your troops. However, between Blood Furies, Deep Hydras and at least 1 destructo-spell, there's almost nothing that you can't kill. And I g...
by Arqane
09 Sep 2006, 05:39
Topic: Concerns about the new caravan
Replies: 4
Views: 1939

They'll have to either have some kind of overflow tab or a return to sender idea for a direct fix. Of course, they could come up with something else as well :).
by Arqane
09 Sep 2006, 05:29
Topic: Inferno Campaign ( The Cultist)
Replies: 8
Views: 3229

Admittedly I have only beaten it on Normal and Hard this way. I'm currently on the map in Heroic, and getting the ball rolling. Fortunately, this is a good strategy in general. It sums up a couple cliches (no accent, bad keyboard): The bigger they are, the harder they fall; and Getting the ball roll...
by Arqane
09 Sep 2006, 04:25
Topic: Inferno Campaign ( The Cultist)
Replies: 8
Views: 3229

*SPOILER ALERT*... Kind of a spoiler, not much of one, really. The main difficulty of the map is the hordes of woodland creatures that keep spawning all around. Killing them usually isn't too hard, that's not the problem. The computer, however, likes to recruit stacks of them into the army, which us...
by Arqane
09 Sep 2006, 04:14
Topic: Probability skills and Soldier's Luck
Replies: 11
Views: 3916

Yeah, which seems rather odd for an intermediate skill. Generally these are rather powerful (not always extremely powerful, but should be a bit more powerful than basics). It would be nice to either change the effects of them, or give the factions that literally have no use for it (especially since ...
by Arqane
08 Sep 2006, 05:24
Topic: Positive and Patient
Replies: 91
Views: 21185

It's interesting someone brought up H2 vs. H3 way back somewhere in the thread. There was a huge difference around that time in gaming, and that was reliance on the Internet. For H2 and previous, games had to be finished before they were sent out. You didn't have much of a chance to fix any errors t...
by Arqane
08 Sep 2006, 03:34
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 14019

Also, as far as the stats are concerned, especially Att/Def, it's not as powerful as you might think. Unless they changed it, the Att/Def difference is capped anyway. If you have 30 more Attack than Defense, you do 300% base damage. Any more than that, and it's still 300% base damage (unlike Heroes ...
by Arqane
08 Sep 2006, 03:17
Topic: Spell effects,knowledge and spellpower(or just magic)
Replies: 7
Views: 4093

Well, for the factions that focus on Knowledge, it is useful. It's also alot more useful than most of the old Heroes games. The same problem used to occur in all the old games, but they didn't have the mini-artifacts, or the knowledge/day regen. So you can imagine how useful it was before. Mini-Arti...
by Arqane
07 Sep 2006, 07:32
Topic: Conjure Pheonix is simply ridiculous
Replies: 63
Views: 14019

One of the reasons why I like the Summon spells the way they are, is that the most powerful are reliant on still having at least a bit of an army with you. While summoners should be able to augment a large army, having someone who always went around with minimal units would be too powerful. SP is go...

Go to advanced search