Inferno Campaign ( The Cultist)

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
kautilya_r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Inferno Campaign ( The Cultist)

Unread postby kautilya_r » 08 Sep 2006, 14:38

Allright, someone please help me before i slit my wrist..... :S

How in gods name do you defeat this Gilrean.....

I must have played this one level for 13 hrs straight reloading a gazillion times.....

I have searched and serached for a walkthorugh but no dice.....

Is there a saviour out there who can provide me with a walkthrough!!!!!???? :(

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 08 Sep 2006, 14:51

There already is a topic on this here :
http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... highlight=
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Lady Farquad
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Lady Farquad » 08 Sep 2006, 14:52

It's right there at features/walkthroughs
Go to the home page and there is a link to all the walkthroughs [/url]
Morior, ergo sum

kautilya_r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kautilya_r » 08 Sep 2006, 15:39

Thanks for the prompt response guys,

But Lady Farquad, i cannot view the walkthrough (dumb me :baby: )

Could u gimme the link?

kautilya_r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kautilya_r » 08 Sep 2006, 15:58

I was able to find the walkthrough, but it is too generic for me.

Could some one give me a more detailed one (preferably someone who is beaten this campaign :D )

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 09 Sep 2006, 04:25

*SPOILER ALERT*...

Kind of a spoiler, not much of one, really. The main difficulty of the map is the hordes of woodland creatures that keep spawning all around. Killing them usually isn't too hard, that's not the problem. The computer, however, likes to recruit stacks of them into the army, which usually ends up equalling about 500 sprites, or 200 master hunters.

The best way to fight this is to fight fire with fire. Helps ALOT if you have Diplomacy on the map. Make sure you build up a sizable army, so that when you encounter the large groups, you have about a 50/50 chance of being able to recruit them. You can get FAR more troops than you could in towns this way. Fortunately since the computer usually only keeps 1-2 stacks of recruits, you can outdo them by accepting everything (helps if you have the same types).

* SHORT ANSWER * - Diplomacy, Accept everything into your army, Outnumber them (Talanar works very well if you happen to get him in the tavern).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 09 Sep 2006, 05:02

What level of difficulty are you on?

Arqane
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Arqane » 09 Sep 2006, 05:29

Admittedly I have only beaten it on Normal and Hard this way. I'm currently on the map in Heroic, and getting the ball rolling.

Fortunately, this is a good strategy in general. It sums up a couple cliches (no accent, bad keyboard): The bigger they are, the harder they fall; and Getting the ball rolling. Especially on higher levels, since neutral stacks are much larger (and you have less resources for your own), grabbing neutrals gives you huge armies compared to what you can normally get.

Of course, getting the ball rolling is a bit harder, and that's where Diplomacy is very handy. You have to get a big enough army to start recruiting neutrals. When you do, that's when the ball starts rolling. It becomes easier and easier as you recruit more. The first stack is by far the toughest.

I forget the exact numbers when I completed it on Hard, but I know the big fight had about 500 sprites on his side, 200 archers, etc, etc. However, since I had been recruiting like mad, I had almost 1000 sprites, 250 archers, or something crazy like that. I had outmassed him, and since I could run around the map easily, stole alot of what he would have recruited as well.

So yes, I do actually find Diplomacy as the potentially most powerful skill in the game. Neutral stacks on all maps are much larger than you could get in your castles before month 3 or so.

*EDIT* Granted, you will actually most likely get a higher score with a rush method, but I never liked the way any Heroes games were scored. They can't really take into account how 'good' of a game you played.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 12 Sep 2006, 07:31

Actually this is one of the hardest maps of early campaigns - all I usually do is play aggresively, let my secondary hero grab resources and give the starting troops to Agrael, and then immediately proceed Southwest. There is one stack of elementals blocking your way but early on you should outtake them easily with your ranged fighters. After you capture the 2nd elven town (especially before start of a new week), everything is quite easy.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”