Search found 562 matches

by maltz
14 Mar 2012, 14:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Completion of Heroes 6 campaigns
Replies: 1
Views: 1920

Congratulations! Let's hope the expansion not only fixes the bugs, but also improves the gameplay designs.
by maltz
08 Mar 2012, 21:44
Topic: Sanctuary 4
Replies: 6
Views: 4213

Hm, what is the post-patch reward of the "We come in peace" quest? If it is not very important, you may as well just take the towns so you can survive the mission. Or how about the way that always works - wait until you get a big army and then crush it? The CPU's army usually grows slower ...
by maltz
02 Mar 2012, 19:37
Forum: News
Topic: Goldstick Awards
Replies: 9
Views: 4220

Goldstick Awards

Hehe I am actually playing Shogun Total War 2 recently. Highly recommended. H6 unfortunately lost the "heroic" difficulty comparable to Shogun 2's new Legendary mode. But H6 still has lots of strategy game potentials when the patches iron out the obvious shortcuts to victory. Graphics/soun...
by maltz
15 Feb 2012, 17:05
Forum: Articles
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven
Views: 10485

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Barbarous Seven

The player gets different carry-over side kick heroes for choosing different paths. Since I also pick up the trait "free first generic hero", I don't think leveling up the secondary heroes make a difference. You can always pick up Mentor to level them up. (Then drop Mentor at Level II Tear...
by maltz
12 Jan 2012, 15:01
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide
Views: 11050

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide

Sorry, nope. I read that people could access such information, so there must be a way. Maybe this particular hero picked up the boots from his/her territory?
by maltz
11 Jan 2012, 14:54
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn
Replies: 19
Views: 25022

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Circumradiant Dawn

You could accumulate Tear points well past the required 250/1000 for the next level, but choose not to level up. The leveling is not automatic.
by maltz
02 Jan 2012, 22:17
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within
Replies: 8
Views: 8825

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Necropolis - Towards the Within

Time Stasis is under Prime school, with an hourglass icon.
by maltz
30 Dec 2011, 16:05
Topic: H6 Walkthroughs Completed
Replies: 2
Views: 1871

H6 Walkthroughs Completed

Thanks for everyone's support and suggestions. I am going to review all walkthroughs once and update them to v1.2. Probably can't wait long enough for v1.3 though. :P
by maltz
29 Dec 2011, 16:08
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Good, the Bad, a
Replies: 7
Views: 7317

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Stronghold - The Good, the Bad, a

Thanks for your information. A very easy way to level up your secondary hero is to give your main hero the Mentor ability BEFORE he/she reaches level II of Tear/Blood reputation. This way, you can both level up your secondary hero for free, and also remove the ability point spent on Mentor by the ti...
by maltz
29 Dec 2011, 16:02
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif
Replies: 25
Views: 21193

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - Death-In-Life and Lif

That's weird - are you sure it is not town G and H? Is it patch 1.2?
by maltz
28 Dec 2011, 19:05
Topic: Isle of Ashes (part 2)
Replies: 4
Views: 4136

Isle of Ashes (part 2)

This brings back memories. I read about a strategy to get this book extremely early by a series of exploit on the game's design, such as by pasuing/unpausing the game to avoid the enemies ever acting in battle, and the door closing.... and I tried it myself. Very exciting and did get the book early!
by maltz
28 Dec 2011, 14:45
Topic: Campaign order *warning spoilers*
Replies: 13
Views: 10307

After playing through the campaign, I think some of the orders are not quite clear. For example, Necropolis 4 and Inferno 2 are closely related. But on this list they are very far apart. In fact, in my (limited) memory these are the only clues in the game (besides the obviously chronological order w...
by maltz
28 Dec 2011, 03:50
Topic: Patch 1.2 is here!
Replies: 11
Views: 5696

There is a "25 year anniversary" achievement that you get by playing 25 years of in-game days. That's... a lot of days.

Before patch 1.2, the counter only works when NO enemy faction is present. Now all days count. However, by finishing all campaigns once, you only get about 4 years...).
by maltz
26 Dec 2011, 13:56
Topic: 1.2 Bugs
Replies: 53
Views: 23332

Whenever I see the scroll bar moves, I exit the save game window and try again. This usually stops the moving.
by maltz
26 Dec 2011, 00:27
Topic: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Winding Star
Replies: 15
Views: 9529

Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Winding Star

I see. In my game I cleaned up the Necro units before talking to Hiroshi. That's probably why. I'll update the walkthrough.
by maltz
24 Dec 2011, 01:55
Topic: Christmas 2011
Replies: 13
Views: 5408

Christmas 2011

Happy holidays to everyone! I wish all your payrolls grow like the neutral stacks! :D
by maltz
23 Dec 2011, 02:55
Topic: Sanctuary Mission-Secondary quest
Replies: 4
Views: 2408

Did you "go south a bit" after passing through the portal (4-4')?
by maltz
22 Dec 2011, 20:36
Topic: Respecialization
Replies: 6
Views: 5148

Just read this off the official forum (maybe you already read it):

Try the respecialization immediately after your hero gains a new reputation rank (e.g. Tear I, Blood II). :)
by maltz
22 Dec 2011, 12:55
Topic: Patch 1.2 on December 20th
Replies: 41
Views: 20987

Patch 1.2 on December 20th

The game's sale will be miserable for competing with Skyrim, though. Going for the early release, to get the sale, and then have monthly patch to address bugs and so on. The result might be the same two months later (70% of bugs being fixed).
by maltz
21 Dec 2011, 18:57
Topic: Dynasty Weapon Testimonies
Replies: 0
Views: 2388

Dynasty Weapon Testimonies

Don't want to sneak in the ability testimony thread - so here comes a new one. Please feel free to provide your own experiences with Dynasty Weapons and why you recommend them to others. May I start with a couple: Arache (Might) Obtained from Necropolis Mission 1. Its low level abilities are great, ...

Go to advanced search