Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide

Feedback for the articles that appear on Celestial Heavens.
Bucker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bucker » 11 Jan 2012, 18:26

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/793
Here it comes!

Bucker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Bucker » 11 Jan 2012, 18:26

Maltz have you found out how to check MM6 campaigns in editor yet?I'd like to know skill build for opponent necros. They have a HUGE amount of movement points, without wearing these pretty +8 boots. How?
Here it comes!

maltz
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby maltz » 12 Jan 2012, 15:01

Sorry, nope. I read that people could access such information, so there must be a way. Maybe this particular hero picked up the boots from his/her territory?

Corlagon
Archangel
Archangel

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dim

Unread postby Corlagon » 12 Jan 2012, 15:47

maltz wrote:Sorry, nope. I read that people could access such information, so there must be a way.
Yes, there is a way. Here are the instructions, but let me know if you need any help.

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 22 Jan 2012, 16:07

I need some help.

I have two other heroes, Tiangbo - who carried over from the previous mission and another hero, a Barbarian shaman. Do I have to develop them? I assume Tiangbo will carry over to mission 4, so maybe I do need to get him better? Is it reasonable to stop fighting using Irina once she reaches the level cap? Thanks!!
May the Implosion be with you!

Naki
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Naki » 22 Jan 2012, 16:08

Also, what skills/spells do I choose for Irina to get?

Playing in Offline mode (so no Conflux).
May the Implosion be with you!

Kelben
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Kelben » 12 Feb 2012, 09:03

As of patch 1.2.1, several invasions are launched through the whirlpool, not only 1. Still they are easy to fend off.

@Naki: The shaman will not carry over but the might hero will to mission4. I just kept mentor on Irina, can afford to spare the point and allow to start mission 4 with the might hero at lvl 21 (using the dragon shine in mission 3).
Edited on Sun, Feb 12 2012, 12:33 by Kelben

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 27 Jul 2013, 05:05

At least as of 2.1.1, the last necropolis town will start sending modestly powerful stacks at your closest town, about one per week. You will either have to keep bouncing from exploration back to town, or split your army. It becomes... irritating.

In short, the idea that you can just take your time and explore after converting the 3rd town over is simply inaccurate at this point. I get about 1 day each week to prep, 3-4 days to explore, and then have to portal back to a town to protect it. the might necros are nothing to worry about (since you can heal up all the damage they do if you are patient), but the magic ones all cast implosion. which means you WILL lose units to them, permanently. Use your tsunami right at the start, and it will line up the enemy units so you can pop a stack of earth elementals on them next turn. past that, as soon as an enemy magic user casts implosion the first time (likley on your pearl maidens, killing a couple dozen of them), kill everything asap before they can cast it again, don't let your troops hang back, thinking you can heal them of all damage.

skills i used most with irina (went the tears route, and happy about it):

summon earth elemental

petrify

time stasis

lightning/chain lightning (yes, even if tears, still useful)

implosion (good damage and keeps pesky necros from resurrecting)

mass purity (actually, this was mostly for fighting the huge stacks of shamans, but works well for necros too)

meditation. every battle. best magic skill in the game, hands down.

stone skin/mass stone skin. this is AWESOME on a tears based hero. reduces damage by 75% for single target, over 25% when mass!

regeneration (yes, even with split stacks of pearl maidens, you still need it, though usually i use the single instead of the mass version).

heal and mass heal (restore stacks in middle of fight, top up at end)

Must have passives:

-Thunderclap. This will usually daze any stack you attack with your maidens, or with lightning, both of which is good.

-archery I and II (are you kidding? so many good ranged units, it's a no brainer)

-counterstrike I and II. not only makes your main units more of a force, but you can put your summoned earth golems in defense mode, and they will still do great damage on retaliation, for 3 turns no less with maxed tears rep!)

-Rush. sometimes you just need to get that one stack in there right friggen NOW. different than teleport, in that on an open field, the bonus to initiative rocks.

-ambush. Because even though your units have naturally high initiative, enemy heroes can boost their stacks too. Going first is always better.

-tactics I, at least. Tactics II is sometimes useful, because you can strike with your main units and Kappas on the first turn, though I think you're probably better off waiting until the move first most times. probably better to pick rush instead of tactics II.

-Mentoring. Because whoever designed Changbo to be a might hero with no less than 6 water skills is a moron. you will need mentoring to get him up to something useful.

you will still have a few points left over after the end of map 3 with all that, suggest teleport, and retribution. teleport your sharkies in after they have been spirit linked, cast retribution and regeneration on them. watch the fun.

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 07 Aug 2019, 20:41

If any are reading this I'm stuck. I have capture/converted all four towns on mainland. I've even gotten an award for converting all four, yet the first objective indicates I only have controlled Three and the enemy ships aren't destroyed. I've stood still for about two weeks and the Necros keep sending fresh troops through the whirlpool. Any suggestions?

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Re: Might & Magic: Heroes VI - Sanctuary - The Blood-Dimmed Tide

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Jun 2021, 14:12

In my most recent playthrough, landing on the Necromancer island in the top left corner and triggering the conversation there seems to have stopped the invasions through the whirlpool. The next time I play through, perhaps I'll test it, if I remember. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Return to “Articles”