Search found 108 matches

by erased. over. out
09 Mar 2007, 17:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Next expansion?
Replies: 8
Views: 3003

Next expansion?

Hello all. I have been "out of the loop" for quite some time now, so I was wondering if anyone had any information regarding the 2nd expansion? Have any dates/new information been announced of late? I see nothing on the CH homepage, so I am guessing that's a negative. So far, the only thin...
by erased. over. out
26 Dec 2006, 03:43
Topic: Nicolai - from wimp to uber in one day
Replies: 13
Views: 3619

I recall this pain-in-the-butt mission. I had a similar amount of troops (replaced the Sprites with Druid Elders, however) but Nicolai had more Skeleton Archers (around 9k). I cast endurance on the Treants and kept ressurecting them to tie down enemy units. This would give my archers enough time to ...
by erased. over. out
22 Dec 2006, 22:05
Topic: Who you gonna call?
Replies: 41
Views: 7658

Gaidal Cain wrote:Fist of Wrath is considered as doing "physical" damage, so it can (as the only spell) miss the Ghosts. OTOH, it can hit Black Dragons...
Ahh, I see. Now it makes sense. :D
by erased. over. out
22 Dec 2006, 21:46
Topic: Who you gonna call?
Replies: 41
Views: 7658

Druid Elders cast Lightning bolt on Ghosts....*ghost dying sounds*. Ah, much better. As far as I understand, aren't Ghosts/Spectres incapable of "missing" spells? I scratched my head the time I cast Fist of Wrath on a stack of Ghosts, only to find "Miss!" floating promptly in re...
by erased. over. out
18 Dec 2006, 00:11
Topic: How to improve the RMG?
Replies: 4
Views: 1855

I think it's the template as I gained a similar result when I used the same template, something z8f8. I don't know how they differ but the result seems promising. I initially had the same problem with very few mines (especially in the underground terrain). I usually use the template that ends with ...
by erased. over. out
17 Dec 2006, 23:22
Topic: RMG - template help
Views: 4125

Caradoc wrote:I've been looking for an explanation of the template names. Surely, there is some meaning to these character strings.
Thanks Caradoc. I've been trying to decipher them myself. Should we give Robert Langdon a call? :devious:
by erased. over. out
17 Dec 2006, 20:44
Topic: RMG - template help
Views: 4125

RMG - template help

I suppose this topic would fit better in the Mapmaking Guild, but I don't think a majority of you guys frequent it as much. Hence this post. I was wondering if anyone could briefly describe the different template options that are available on the RMG. I would experiment myself, but my 2 year old lap...
by erased. over. out
17 Dec 2006, 20:39
Topic: How to improve the RMG?
Views: 1855

I have a gripe as far as artifacts are concerned. It seems that whenever I generate a map, the only artifacts that appear are minor ones. Never have I seen major artifacts/relics. Artifact Merchants, however, do appear on the map often. So I would add an option to the RMG that would allow users to s...
by erased. over. out
17 Dec 2006, 20:03
Topic: New HoF bug :Decay on AI and Excorsism rune found
Replies: 1
Views: 1007

So you mean to tell me that the AI is...*gasp*...cheating?! Bastards! :devious: . I've had quite a few close battles on "Hard" and it ticks me off when the computer pulls out these bunnies from its hat.
by erased. over. out
15 Dec 2006, 22:33
Topic: Diversifying battlefields ideas
Replies: 17
Views: 5259

I miss the special terrains as well. It'd be nice if cursed ground allowed the hero to cast Dark Magic spells at maximum, but prevented all other types of spells. Perhaps magic plains could do the same for Light and Summoning Magic and negate the "bad" ones (i.e. Destructive and Dark)?
by erased. over. out
15 Dec 2006, 17:26
Topic: Dream Team
Replies: 37
Views: 9487

Here's my list: 1. Assassin 2. Crossbowman 3. Vindicator 4. Vampire Lord 5. Archlich 6. Rakhshasa Raja 7. Archangel My rationale for picking the above is as follows: I picked two low level, yet effective shooters in the Assassin and Crossbowman. With poison and no range penalty, respectively, the op...
by erased. over. out
11 Dec 2006, 03:51
Topic: High Elven Town
Replies: 21
Views: 6090

Re: High Elven Town

I have been coming across suggestions for new towns for the expansion and I feel all ideas are very good. I have a suggestion for a high elven town and hope it is given some consideration. At the moment I can come up with creature names. Feel free to comment. Level 1: Gnome; upgrade to Leprechaun L...
by erased. over. out
08 Dec 2006, 17:02
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: RMG Question: Very few mines underground?
Replies: 0
Views: 1871

RMG Question: Very few mines underground?

Hey guys. I've noticed that over 70-80% of the maps I generate don't seem to have "enough" mines on the map- especially when the subterranean level is "present." The underground is mostly flooded with treasure chests and random resources here and there. Is there anything I can do...
by erased. over. out
08 Dec 2006, 16:51
Topic: varying speed
Views: 1533

Re: varying speed

My computer exceeds the stated minimum requirements of the game, but the game speed can be very erratic....sometimes the graphics move smoothly and other times the hero movement and battle animations are slow and choppy. I have the in game speed settings at maximum and I have my Windows set at &quo...
by erased. over. out
08 Dec 2006, 16:39
Topic: Dread Knight Mod glitch in HoF
Replies: 6
Views: 3050

Re: Dread Knight Mod glitch in HoF

nick123 wrote:people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't you like the appearence of the wraith?
Frankly, I love the way the Wraith looks. They're solid tier 6 units as well. However, it's nice to experiment once you have the opportunity to do so :D.
by erased. over. out
06 Dec 2006, 16:50
Topic: An Idea
Replies: 35
Views: 8035

haloswift wrote:just add orc's and naga's
orc's are allready in the history
and make orc's all might no mage guild 4!!
Amen to that! We could really use a more might-oriented faction in the game, right about now.
by erased. over. out
04 Dec 2006, 21:04
Topic: Teleport Attack woes
Replies: 7
Views: 2153

Ahh, I see. Thanks guys for the clarification. :tsup: The "attack" in "Teleport Attack" threw me off.
by erased. over. out
04 Dec 2006, 17:03
Topic: Teleport Attack woes
Replies: 7
Views: 2153

Teleport Attack woes

I'm slightly embarrassed to ask this, but it's been bugging me for a while. I recently got the Teleport Attack ability (playing with a Demon Lord) but I am not sure how to use it. It hasn't shown up as a "special ability" in my spellbook, nor does the regular "teleport" spell all...
by erased. over. out
03 Dec 2006, 18:46
Topic: Dread Knight Mod glitch in HoF
Replies: 6
Views: 3050

nope, once i updated the timestamps on ALL the files in the mod, it worked fine for me in HOF. Hi Toejam, How do I go about updating the timestamps on the mod file? I'm guessing I have to go somewhere to edit its properties- do I use notepad or something else? As you can see, I'm not too familiar w...
by erased. over. out
03 Dec 2006, 01:27
Topic: Are the ultimate skills too hard to reach?
Replies: 16
Views: 3640

Re: Are the ultimate skills too hard to reach?

Post your opinions and vote :-D. IMO, they are too difficult to reach AND some of them are pitiful to be honest. I think it should be rebalanced so the "weaker" ultimates are easier to get or strengthen some of the weaker ones. However, the average level you need to get the ultimate is to...

Go to advanced search