Search found 233 matches

by cornellian
26 Jul 2006, 07:37
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Quake
Replies: 20
Views: 9265

:D No, not a farmer, but a scarecrow perhaps, or a zombie.. I decided to get a higher degree in CS (to have the even rarer composer/level designer/programmer combo, like a bard :)), but sadly, I couldn't possibly have made a worse choice than my current university, which is notorious for its insane ...
by cornellian
25 Jul 2006, 02:10

Coming from a guy who worked for its competition, both in level and sound design, this is good praise for Quake series.. You create PC games? I'm surprised to see so many liking Quake II the best. My classmates hated it but many younger people loved it. Strange.... I don't 'create' games myself of ...
by cornellian
24 Jul 2006, 02:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Summon Creatures vs. Caravan
Replies: 45
Views: 11094

But with heroes moving around, how would the game calculate the distance and the mana involving the summoning? Besides it is a spell, a spell of summoning, which by logic should be instant (in a day's time at least): it is like a teleport spell of sorts, you can't be expected to waste time 'teleport...
by cornellian
24 Jul 2006, 02:28
Topic: Klaus too powerfull?
Replies: 54
Views: 15888

We wanted them nerf Klaus! Klaus! Not every single Paladin under every single hero! Please, Jousting was way too powerful too. Well, maybe, but keep in mind that Cavaliers/Paladins are tier 6 creatures, they are supposed to be powerful, not just under Klaus' command, but in any army. Nerfing Klaus ...
by cornellian
24 Jul 2006, 02:10

Quake I was simply groundbreaking; the best gameplay belonged to Duke Nukem 3d (hail to the king baby! :D) around that time, but when quake came there was little doubt that it was time for a revolution in shooters not another evolution.. It was gory, scary, and ugly to be honest but it had a perfect...
by cornellian
24 Jul 2006, 01:43
Topic: Diablo
Replies: 122
Views: 38881

I found the Grizzly sword (something like that) once, which is the best sword in the game, but a damn PK (player killer) killed me and took all of my equipment... so sad! You probably mean the Grandfather I suppose, but no it wasn't the best sword in the game.. It was a simple magic sword, not uniq...
by cornellian
22 Jul 2006, 00:09
Topic: List the Underpowered tier 7 Units!!!
Replies: 85
Views: 22466

I agree that most tier seven units are lacking in might but I've also noticed that this might very well be the one in the series with the best balance between tiers. In the first three Heroes it was a race to top tier and many times the one that got before anyone else won, outnumbering enemy with a ...
by cornellian
21 Jul 2006, 15:15
Topic: Summoned elementals don't stack anymore- 1.2 "feature&q
Replies: 32
Views: 9818

Funny that people at Nival think creating a stack of 5 billion titans is less powerful than summoning 50 elementals.. I agree that Summoning Elementals can be abused, but if that's the case then increase its mana cost to 18, or limit the number of times it can be cast in a day a la Dimension Door st...
by cornellian
20 Jul 2006, 21:08
Topic: Patch 1.2 Readme
Replies: 23
Views: 14626

...Vampires and Vampire Lords no longer restore their health when attacking Undead creatures...

In Darth Vader style: Noooooooooooooooo!!!
by cornellian
20 Jul 2006, 20:56
Topic: Titan's Quest
Replies: 47
Views: 16473

How is the druid working out for you cornellian? I had thought of that route, but I opted for a summoner instead to get the golem. All I really have going for my character is Heart of Oak, a slightly upgraded golem, refresh, volcano, and a point in volatility. Well Omega Destroyer, I figured the su...
by cornellian
20 Jul 2006, 02:22
Topic: Titan's Quest
Replies: 47
Views: 16473

Well campaigner, if you liked Diablo 2, then you should, because the game is simply a 3D Diablo2 that takes place in ancient Greece, Egypt and China (with a level featuring the Gardens of Babylon).. I have a level 50 druid (that is storm and nature masteries) and things are tough now in legendary di...
by cornellian
20 Jul 2006, 02:07
Topic: Half life
Replies: 63
Views: 16110

HL was great fun, especially when the AI did the unexpected.. The first time I saw soldiers, I just ran towards them thinking to myself 'there, I'm saved' when they shouted something like "Contact, fire at will!".. Sheepishly, I turned back if there were monsters coming behind me and real...
by cornellian
18 Jul 2006, 16:35

Never thought I would find anybody on this board that appreciates fastpaced games like Quake and UT. Tried Quake IV btw? Haven't done so myself yet. Need a stronger computer first. You're kidding? I am quite the master of 'faster' shooters like Quake and UT. Especially the latter, as I have also wo...
by cornellian
18 Jul 2006, 16:00
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: A Peek at Might and Magic Tribute 0.4
Replies: 7
Views: 4617

A Peek at Might and Magic Tribute 0.4

Ubisoft, hear our cries and give us Might and Magic as well.. This one seems to have that old school feel, but guys, umm, you need to work on shadows... They are inconsistent, not that I'd mind but that might put some people off..
by cornellian
16 Jul 2006, 23:59
Topic: Sylvan siege question
Replies: 18
Views: 5532

When I'm defending the walls come down pretty quick for the AI's catapult's never seem to miss.. Even in MP, my opponents are much more lucky than I am in catapult accuracy. Just my bad luck I guess.. I never take War Machines (waste of skill if you ask me) so I'm not sure if my bad luck would chang...
by cornellian
16 Jul 2006, 14:32

Oh Dlucifer, why did you have to mention the giant fish... Not the giant fish... In Half-life II, whenever I had to go into the water, I became paranoid because of that %#$#& giant fish... Half-Life was the first shooter that had a good AI, in fact, I'm not sure it has been outdone in any other ...
by cornellian
15 Jul 2006, 15:20
Topic: We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..
Replies: 199
Views: 51799

Re: Dudes!

Oh sure,you really need no thought in placing your grim raiders and using your blood witches to the max.You really need no thought in speeding up hydras enough to make them deliver a punch.Pretty brainles.Yet there is much more though in casting spirit link on skel archers then raise dead,then rais...
by cornellian
15 Jul 2006, 02:41
Topic: who wants to see the fairy dragon return?
Replies: 60
Views: 13750

If they were with the Elves as the tier 7 creature, fairy dragons would be fine but as dragons are too mighty to be level 3-4 (fairy dragon is a dragon, not a draconian), it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have them.. Besides why have another dragon when you can include old favorites like Cycl...
by cornellian
15 Jul 2006, 02:15
Topic: Using more than one hero
Replies: 24
Views: 5433

but level 30 isn't realistic anyhow cause the game is already decided by then. and i prefer 2 level 20 heroes (163922) over 1 level 24 hero (167782) These numbers should pretty much sum up everything.. Unless you're going for the ultimate, or your hero setup requires many tier3 skills, then you're ...
by cornellian
14 Jul 2006, 19:10
Topic: I have finished the game, but...
Replies: 23
Views: 7245

do you know a lot of spots in the world where three or four (forget six) countries share a border? IIRC Infero isn`t marked on the map, Necropolis also. Well if you don't count Inferno and Necro, that still leaves four 'countries', doesn't it; so my question with 'three or four countries' still sta...

Go to advanced search