Search found 41 matches

by Ser Ironfist
18 Jan 2016, 16:38
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Adding new creatures to MM8?
Replies: 16
Views: 8222

Re: Adding new creatures to MM8?

Baronus wrote:It is the same message if you insert you new liches in pirates row? And pirates in 199 - 201 places? And rename pirates to liches in mapstats?
Yes I get the same message.
by Ser Ironfist
17 Jan 2016, 09:53

Alright in between I am convinced that this has to be coded somewhere so that I don't have the possiblity to do it. Monsters.txt, Monlist.txt, hostile.txt and sounds.txt seem to be all the txt files that have to do something with monsters. In each of these files I added the lich just in the way all ...
by Ser Ironfist
12 Jan 2016, 22:44

Mapstats is ONLY to respawning. Not to replace monster. You must paste lich in pirates lines in tables. And then see how it works. And tell us about result. Then we can think what to do next to ad new monster. I think that you must add frames too. Only pictures? Computer dont knows how to move it. ...
by Ser Ironfist
12 Jan 2016, 17:41

There's a separate file where all the sprites are compiled to for use in hardware accelerated mode. Grayface did manage to fix a bug in it (palette swapping not working), so it's probably possible to edit too, though I wouldn't know how. I did find nothing, any idea where it would be? I tried some ...
by Ser Ironfist
09 Jan 2016, 22:04

Alright, I tried a few things. Adding new creatures wont be possible for me that's for sure. What I did was replacing some creatures. First I replaced wasps by mm7 liches but the liches were too small. My idea now is to replace skeletons by liches and then replace the wasps by skeletons. We then hav...
by Ser Ironfist
07 Jan 2016, 17:29

Adding new creatures to MM8?

Hi guys, Is there a way of doing so? Could I just add a line in the monsters.txt and then link it somehow to the bmp files in my sprites.lod? I'm wondering, since you can easily manipulate everything in the monsters.txt What I did in the past was replacing MM8 creatures by MM7 ones. It works except ...
by Ser Ironfist
25 Apr 2015, 21:07
Topic: Monster behaviour and Party Positioning
Replies: 4
Views: 3260

I remember I activated this by accident a couple of times. It was either crtl or alt.
I always thought this was nothing but annoying, but thinking about this does actually make it a useful little feature.
by Ser Ironfist
14 Apr 2015, 18:20
Topic: Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8
Replies: 23
Views: 25648

Thanks a lot! :) Your suggestions are very welcome. I never really used Earth Magic a lot, so I did not have Slow in mind. Same goes for berserk. That spell always felt more like something to have fun with for 10 minutes instead of a seriously useful spell. ^^ Making the high level opponents even mo...
by Ser Ironfist
09 Apr 2015, 20:20

I made some changes to NPC's like decreasing Ithilgore's (the dragon) LVL from 5 to 1 or taking Dark Magic spells from early game necromancers. I did not make Cauri weaker, because I think she should be as powerful as she is (for lore reasons). But now it should be more difficult to reach her. It wa...
by Ser Ironfist
18 Jan 2015, 21:57

Re: [Mod] Might & Magic VIII - Day of the serious Destro

Hey, I just uploaded my trailer to youtube.
I also changed the first post. It looks a bit better now and the mod has a name. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Il1y-Vv ... e=youtu.be
by Ser Ironfist
22 Sep 2014, 14:22
Topic: Need advice/help with MM6-8 mod tools
Replies: 1
Views: 2216

Re: Need advice/help with MM6-8 mod tools

Try MMArchive instead of MM7View. I created my MM8 mod using MMArchive. You can open EnglishT and modify it. Modding MM6 is as simple as MM7 (actually it's easier, cause MM7 crashes a lot more after changing things). The only thing you need to know is, that the txt files like monsters and mapstats a...
by Ser Ironfist
09 Aug 2014, 07:52

Variol wrote:did you increase the XP for killing monsters as well?
You can earn more xp from those monsters that are more powerful than before. So yes, you will get more xp at all.
by Ser Ironfist
08 Aug 2014, 17:38

I just replaced the old version by a new one. I also removed the 2x hp version, because I think it is not necessary. In the following screenshots you can see some examples for the changes I made. The new ogre hierarchy. The stacks are no more 3x fighter and 3x mage, but fighter, mage, fighter and ma...
by Ser Ironfist
27 Jul 2014, 17:31

Sooner or later I'm going to upload a new version with some more changes. I will give more detailed information (screenshots) too. But I need to play the game once again before.
by Ser Ironfist
21 Jul 2014, 08:21
Topic: trivia
Replies: 39
Views: 20522

I was sure his name was a tiny bit different in one of the HoMM games. My little research told me I was wrong. :)
by Ser Ironfist
20 Jul 2014, 21:25
Topic: trivia
Replies: 39
Views: 20522

Does his name appear in MM6? What about Corlagon? We meet him in H2 but in MM6 he is dead (or a Lich?).

Are Halon and Halo the same ones?
by Ser Ironfist
12 Jul 2014, 09:38

Day of the Serious Destroyer - Difficulty Mod for MM8

Update 2022 - New version Can be downloaded here: https://www.nexusmods.com/mightandmagicviii/mods/5?tab=description Monsters -More health points and generally better stats for most monsters -Powerful items are found less frequently -Most monsters give less gold and experience -Locations of some mo...
by Ser Ironfist
07 Jun 2014, 22:22
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: I want to do little changes
Replies: 5
Views: 6033

Thanks, I will check it out. By MMArchive I just mean the possibility to extract all these txt. files like CRTRAITS. And I used it to add fan made creatures to the game. But: you also need to add shooting frames to the creature def. Without, the game will crash. I still noticed that when I tried to ...
by Ser Ironfist
04 Jun 2014, 12:40
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: I want to do little changes
Replies: 5
Views: 6033

I've got a question about this. Once I tried to do some ERM scripting after reading a long guide. What I could do was changing the abilities that creatures get by earning EXP in WOG. The problem was that I had to add the ERM lines into every single map that I wanted to use these changes. Is it possi...
by Ser Ironfist
05 May 2014, 13:35
Topic: [SHARE] Survival Spawn MOD =MM7=
Replies: 25
Views: 17472

I just cleared out all dragonflies with 10x HP. That was hard work, cause the better ones cast poison spray... I guess i wont try to kill the dragon this time. :P
Do you guys play with 10x HP or 2x HP?

Go to advanced search