Search found 335 matches

by markkur
28 Sep 2013, 13:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: H5 random map generator
Replies: 15
Views: 12387

Yes, that's what I meant; the version of the A.I.

Have fun
by markkur
28 Sep 2013, 00:44

Yes, I will definitely try the RMG within the editor. I remember that with the "in-game" one, I had to do "something" to make the bottom part appear, which allowed me to select the amount of resources (from 1 - 5) and I'm sure there was a neutral creature difficulty selection as...
by markkur
28 Sep 2013, 00:25

Because I came so late to H5 almost all that I know, I had to learn on my own. Take mapping, for a long time I fought with the editor and game trying to figure out how to get all the Heroes back when lost in battles...I never did, I'm no programmer. Anyway, you're in luck because I just came across ...
by markkur
27 Sep 2013, 15:56
Topic: Map Generator
Replies: 6
Views: 8716

Re: Map Generator

The maps created using the in-game generator didn't appear in my "maps" folder, but here's the method I used to delete them: I opened the map the editor, found the generated map in the "maps" folder (which begs another obvious question) and then deleted the map rather than openi...
by markkur
24 Sep 2013, 16:20
Topic: Map Generator
Replies: 6
Views: 8716

Re: Map Generator

Where are the maps stored? I want to delete some maps, but they don't appear to be in the same folder that other maps are stored in. All should be in your "Maps" folder under your Drive installation. I only have TotE installed but I would guess if you have all versions installed; it might...
by markkur
23 Sep 2013, 23:32
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Ice World
Replies: 3
Views: 2444

Goofed?

Who has and how?
by markkur
22 Sep 2013, 09:00
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Markkur, H5 Mapping Ideas & Questions
Replies: 28
Views: 16887

True. However, if you want to create a balanced map you'll want to take potential creature value into consideration. I remember playing a map by Franzy (Mercenaries) that I think overall is an example of an extremely well balanced map... up until the point where one can purchase a ballista and 'hir...
by markkur
22 Sep 2013, 08:43
Topic: Best Town in Heroes of Might and Magic 5 (HOMM5)
Replies: 35
Views: 136422

Necro's not so secret...secret

...unless you can put the skeleton transformer to a good use. Reading your posts sound so much like what our friend Primus always tells me on this subject. I mean that in a very good way; meaning; you "Battle-Masters" :D have cussed and discussed this topic quite a bit and come to agreeme...
by markkur
21 Sep 2013, 13:23

Yes, I'm referring to the "in-game" generator. I think the additional features came in a patch (not a mod), or with the TooE add on? I agree that it needs work. Sometimes there are too many of the same artifact on the map and there are a few other minor issues as well. It would make for a...
by markkur
20 Sep 2013, 13:57

I think one thing gets heavily overlooked about upgrades and that's personal preference. What's not that obvious about a bias is the reason for a bias. :D I'll use myself as an example, to avoid the wrath of a fixed mindset. I absolutely cannot stand the alt-upgrades of the Scouts & Witch's. Inv...
by markkur
20 Sep 2013, 13:28

Since no one else has, I'll take a stab at this. You mentioned earlier "your screen rez" in the A.I. thread, have you tried others to see if all shows? I run 1920 by 1080 btw. I assume you mean the RMG "in-game", fyi there is a larger version of it within the Editor; you can make...
by markkur
17 Sep 2013, 19:50

Using Mag's HoA Mod with "J"

When MapMaking and playing H5 TotE 3.1, I always use Quantomas' "J" A.I. In the past, some of us wanted to use this; magnomagus' Heroes of Axeoth Mod but it conflicted with Q's A.I. version "J". So, I wanted to try and make it work. original page http://heroescommunity.com/viewth...
by markkur
16 Sep 2013, 06:55
Topic: New unofical AI patche for h5
Replies: 71
Views: 73163

Don't know, I've never ran in windowed mode. What's your current screen resolution?
by markkur
15 Sep 2013, 23:08

I think this is a good example of why Q went back to square one; there are just too many unknowns that affect things for some people and yet not affect others. One big bug of mine; (it remains a mystery) is that my in-game Screenshot just quit working. For whatever reason, no one else seems to be af...
by markkur
15 Sep 2013, 22:59
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Lava
Replies: 2
Views: 1656

Lava Java by Kalah

I like it. "You're a poet and don't know it" :D
by markkur
15 Sep 2013, 16:54
Topic: Unofficial balancing patch between upgrades v 0.35
Replies: 37
Views: 25623

I'll wait and test the next version. One thought; I think making all Inferno fire-proof or at least resistant makes sense. I always thought it's strange they have no immunity. Why Nival went that way Idk, but a guess it might be, it made them too strong against Dungeon? That might be a load of rubbi...
by markkur
14 Sep 2013, 16:03

Ok, thanks, fyi, I went to EE and looked at the bugs-list there and it is in the reported-list.

I have no idea why mine apparently works , so I'm curious, did it ever work for you or has it been a no-go from day 1?
by markkur
14 Sep 2013, 15:14
Topic: Unofficial balancing patch between upgrades v 0.35
Replies: 37
Views: 25623

@ Lubomir Since I'm more the adventurer, I was talking with what I call a Battle-Master, and he shared this thought; "As a starting point, might be a good idea would be to see what albolabris & Elvin did on their respective "modded" duel/arena maps, they've thought through a lot a...
by markkur
14 Sep 2013, 13:56

I always forget to put this one here, but it seems like in your patch the Champion Charge of the Champions is not working - it never hits the target in the back. That's odd, I seldom use the Champions but just a couple of days ago I did and they struck twice. Once it was when the A.I. did that &quo...
by markkur
14 Sep 2013, 13:51

Did you mean to post here...in Maps? Your post seems intended for the Upgrade Mod discussion.

Go to advanced search