Search found 161 matches

by Lord_Haart
24 Aug 2006, 18:18
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Dark Messiah Unlocks
Replies: 9
Views: 7829

On a recent video interview, a dev said the beta would come out August 29th.

There's also some french theing were if you pre-order now, you mihgt get access to the closed beta for the next week (until the open beta takes over). So that's like an early entry.
by Lord_Haart
23 Aug 2006, 09:50
Topic: A Quick Demo Review
Replies: 22
Views: 14795

Get an X800 or 6600/6800 - that should get these games working decently, and cover you until a few months into the next generation of GFX cards. I'm also looking to update my AGP X800Pro to a PCI-E card - I'll probably get a 7900GT (the lowest) or 7800, for as cheap as possible. I doubt many people ...
by Lord_Haart
23 Aug 2006, 09:46

Well, rumors were unfounded. Supposedly some people got an email about the SP demo that mentioned the release of the MP beta on the 21/8/06 - but there was a * next to it with a footnote saying the date was subject to change depending on development. There are so few of these emails going around tha...
by Lord_Haart
23 Aug 2006, 09:43
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The Whirlwind Effect
Replies: 15
Views: 8983

The Whirlwind Effect

Looks surreal with shadows off
by Lord_Haart
21 Aug 2006, 09:33

And there's some very cool things you CAN do - knock NPCs into each other to push them over, shoot arrows through flames to make thme catch fire, decapitate enemies, ice the ground and make them slip, backstab them, choke them with a staff, etc. Can't wait for the open MP beta (supposedly 6pm GMT+0 ...
by Lord_Haart
10 Aug 2006, 14:53
Forum: News
Topic: Dark Messiah Q&A at CVG
Replies: 2
Views: 1485

Dark Messiah Q&A at CVG

Judging by the commercial success of H5, marketing is the one thing Ubisoft do seem to have pinned down well.

Hopefully well enough to justify (commercially) an MMX - and more importantly, they may have learnt to listen to the community by then.
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 17:59
Topic: Dark Messiah doesn't look too good...
Replies: 21
Views: 15246

I'm sure the reviews will give us a better idea, seeing as the demo was so short.

There's no reason to believe that they didn't simply remove the spells/skills from the demo to keep them as a surprise. Simply masking them would be insufficient due to the 'efficiency' of hackers these days.
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 17:53
Topic: The Single Player [Demo]
Replies: 33
Views: 19926

It ran wierd too. First off, none of the movies at the beginning played (i.e. the Ubisoft logo). I don't know if this was a bug or because it was a demo, but I got a big / through the screen for those. It also came up everytime I got hit by a guy. Did that happen for everyone? Wierd - I had no issu...
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 17:44

Yep, you need level 1 archery. (costs 1 skill point).
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 08:58
Topic: Dark Messiah Demo is Out
Views: 7111

Dark Messiah Demo is Out

You need to have adrenaline (gaind by kills - think it's the yellow bar near your health).
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 08:04

I'm sure everything (espeically skills/spells) will be far more extensive in the retail version, since not all of the skills we've heard of were in the demo (poison arrows etc). I personally wouldn't get this game just for SP - you'd need to be interested in MP as well (even just more relaxed games ...
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 07:59

But Half life 2 is a futuristic shooter, this is a fantasy melee game. Maybe it's just my newness to this style of game, but I thought it was great. And it looked awesome on my PC too (much better than say Oblivion at medium specs) - my PC is a 2.4GHz P4 (just above min specs) with 1GB RAM and a Rad...
by Lord_Haart
09 Aug 2006, 07:46

I completely disagree. I'm an OBlivion fan myself, and I found the games to be equally good looking - remember, there's no video options for DM at this stage, I'm sure you can pump that sort of stuff way up in the retail version. My PC (2.4GHz P4, Radeon X800Pro, 1GB 400Hz RAM) handled it almost Sea...
by Lord_Haart
08 Aug 2006, 18:02
Topic: System Requirements...
Replies: 11
Views: 7176

Whoa... that's quite Oblivion-esque.

Hopefully, it'll be just as (if not more) worthwhile.

Waiting now... 530th/900... so far it has ~8000 downloads and has a rating of 4.9/5 from over 200 votes. Not too bad, for a demo released ~ 1 hour ago.
by Lord_Haart
06 Aug 2006, 11:20
Forum: Articles
Topic: Fact Sheet
Replies: 19
Views: 5461

Fact Sheet

There could be golbin shamans and wizards for the casters - I think that goblins are better suited for those roles than orcs.

There could also be elves, dwarves, even demons.

After all, isn't the dark messiah demonic, not necromantic?
by Lord_Haart
06 Aug 2006, 09:50
Topic: Fact Sheet
Replies: 19
Views: 5461

Fact Sheet

There are definitely orcs in single player. Even if you can't play as an orc, it'd be cool to have MP modes where there are random neutral orcs on the map, which you can take down as a team for a small bonus or something.
by Lord_Haart
06 Aug 2006, 09:47
Topic: Mage
Replies: 3
Views: 2345

Mage

Yeh, as long as the tip is curled slightly (and is red not white), I'm pretty sure they're safe. And clearly there's no intention of such a reference. I guess the aim is to distingiush them a bit more from priests.
by Lord_Haart
24 Jul 2006, 14:02
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Patch 1.2 Hall of Fame
Replies: 12
Views: 4009

*cough*Maybeithassomethingtodowithallthesepeoplepressuringthemtoholdtheirwordandreleaseapatcheachmonthevenifitsnotready*cough*

Hm? What? Oh, bless you. :devious:
by Lord_Haart
21 Jul 2006, 12:18
Topic: Patch 1.2 Now Available
Replies: 55
Views: 15340

Patch 1.2 Now Available

If the patches give you issues, just copy the new maps somewhere, reinstall the game, put the maps back, and you're ready to go again. You naysayers have got to admit, there must be something good in this game that keeps drawing you back if you care enough about it to complain to people like me who ...
by Lord_Haart
21 Jul 2006, 10:08
Topic: Patch 1.2 Now Available
Replies: 55
Views: 15340

Patch 1.2 Now Available

Well, once I finally fixed my useless internet connection, I found the 1.1 updater works quite well, taking me about 45 minutes to download (~20kB/sec, about 20 times faster than when I tried to download it manually - my internet connection is usually good, so I assume this was due to bandwidth usag...

Go to advanced search