Search found 551 matches

by Big Daddy Jim
22 Nov 2008, 16:02
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Progress through Maestro's Mod
Replies: 217
Views: 68429

Game Progress Completed Tidewater and returned to the EI, dispatched the 'flying invasion', delivered Scroll of Wonka to Blayze, got promoted to Priest, and recieved Warrior Mage Promo Quest from Zedd. Returned to Mainland. Completed Barbarian Promo by clearing Haunted Mansion, delievered new Judge...
by Big Daddy Jim
22 Nov 2008, 01:04

Vladimir,

Good thing you changed the Ghouls Summon. Otherwise it would have been impossible to clear the Haunted Mansion.

I guess I'd better make your patch permanent. Ya think?

BDJ
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 23:27

Vladimir,

Changing the summon to Zombies does 'fix' the problem.

BDJ
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 20:24

Vladimir, Your confusion is understandable. You are correct that you setup the Ghouls to summon bats. But, as I've told you before in private, some map areas do not behave properly when certain creatures are added. This is an anomaly between the game engine, the map area, and the interpreter. It rea...
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 19:29

Just returned from Avlee, after defeating the Water Elementals and obtaining the Watcher's Ring. This was really a much easier task than the original Rev4 mod. The Water Elementals (now named "Whirl") summon Sylphs that actually fight all of the originally 'spawned' creatures. So all you d...
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 18:43

Variol, Yes, these creatures still 'get stuck', but now they have a Ranged Attack of Rock Blast!!! The Rock Blast Ranged Attack is what produced the result in the second photo! Gone are the days when you can stand back and shoot these puppies down! Something tells me that this new ability might just...
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 18:25

Progress through Maestro's Mod

The Barrow XV Surprise! http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/BDJ7777/BARROWGIGANTIC001.jpg Time to Reload!! http://s380.photobucket.com/albums/oo247/BDJ7777/BARROWGIGANTIC002.jpg Yah, these are some pretty nasty creatures for a 12th Level Party! And now they're "chuckin' Big Rocks". W...
by Big Daddy Jim
21 Nov 2008, 01:50
Topic: Maestro MOD Patches
Replies: 168
Views: 48940

A Bit Too Much??

So here I am, with a 12th Level Party, travelling through the Barrows after finding,the Wonka Scroll, lookin' for a EXIT to the outside. Just transported to Barrow XV, killed a couple 'creepies' and then, lo and behold, I encounter not one, but two Gigant Monsters (Behemoths). After recovering from ...
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 18:13

Sir BG,

Good to see you're still gamin' in the MM world!

BDJ
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 15:00

RAR files

Herry,

You cab download a program cakked '7-ZIP'. It's free and will handle the RAR for you.

Link:

http://www.download.com/7-Zip/3000-2250_4-10045185.html

Hope this helps.

BDJ
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 03:34

Variol, Perhaps you're right. I'm not sure that the mod has had even an Alpha playtest. However, Vladimir did state that this go around was a Beta test for debugging. I will continue to play thru the Beta and hopefully identify some of the problem areas for Vladimir. Perhaps then he can re-release t...
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 02:21

No, he made the mod this mod runs on :)! I know I was wondering if he did professional development or anything like that. In point fo fact, I worked as an Applications Engineer for 30+ years, generating program-specific applications in Assembly, Cobol, Fortran, C, and VB through the years, with a s...
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 00:44

Ooops!

Variol, It seems like I 'jumped the gun' in my first response. What I was using was the simplw wand of Fire (Bolt), which works fine. I id 'cheat' the game and added a Fireball Wand and experienced the same problem as you. As soon as I equip the wand, it 'freezes' the game. I'll see if any other wan...
by Big Daddy Jim
20 Nov 2008, 00:01

Fireball Wands

My Mage is currently carrying three of these wands; 40 charges, 38 charges, and 38 charges, respectively. I'm back in Harmondale and went Goblin huntin' to try out each of the three wands of fireball. I equipped the Mage with each, in turn, and tried them out. All three work fine, with no problems e...
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 17:43
Topic: [NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod
Replies: 172
Views: 87581

Variol ...

Unfortunately, I cannot provide such a list at this time. I am in the 'early-stages' of the game, having just completed the Courier Quest. I am using a standard Barbarian, Archer, Cleric, Mage party on this first go-round for the balance. Just be prepared for some challenging encounters early-on in ...
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 17:33
Topic: Might & Magic 10; been in development for years + teaser
Replies: 829
Views: 383614

Easter Eggs ...

Darknessfood,

Yeah, I'd like to see several Easter Eggs in the game. They just seem to add a touch of 'class' and 'flavor' that can 'lighten up' a serious adventure and put a smile on ones face.

My vote?

Go For It!!!

BDJ
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 17:09
Topic: Saying Hello + Some questions and Announcement of a new mod.
Replies: 20
Views: 6190

MM10 Project

Darknessfood,

Yes, I was/am refering to the MM10 project. MM10's where I'll put my money as a 'bet' that the project will be completed! That's my hope, anywise.

Big Daddy Jim
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 16:32
Topic: Saying Hello + Some questions and Announcement of a new mod.
Replies: 20
Views: 6190

Deja, I appreciate you enthusiasm, excitement, and motivation to produce a new MM game for the MM community. However, speaking for myself, I am knida 'burnt out' on promises and faint hopes from well-meaning 'developers'. Let's face it, over the last couple of years 'modding' has become the latest '...
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 16:10
Topic: [NSFW] vladimir-maestro's MM7 mod
Replies: 172
Views: 87581

Variol ....

Variol, The game changes in the Maestro mod affect much more than just the graphics and 'new' character classes. The game sequence remains the same (Rev4 mod), but Vladimir has increased the game difficulty and balance a couple of levels by modifying some basic creature statistics. For instance, the...
by Big Daddy Jim
19 Nov 2008, 00:36

CAUTION - Entering Deja

I dislike 'screaming' in a title post, but there appears to be a Game Stopping Bug after you enter Deja. It appears 'randomly' after or while encountering either the Harpies or the Zombies when you attempt to cast a spell. The indication is that the game 'freezes'. I have 'fixed' my personal copy of...

Go to advanced search