Maestro MOD Patches

The role-playing games (I-X) that started it all and the various spin-offs (including Dark Messiah).
vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Maestro MOD Patches

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Nov 2008, 21:44

Separated topic for patches only!
To search information has become more harder so this topic was started!

I started to recive E-Mails with bug reports and will fix them!

Please do not post any reports of bugs here - there will be fixes on Maestro MOD.
Every fix will include previous changes and will grow bigger - so if you are here for the first time you will need latest version of the patch only!

If there will be too many patches and fixes - I will update the installation to newer version.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 17 Nov 2008, 21:46

Now we've got first patch!

Download here:
http://mm7-maestro-mod.3dn.ru/load/1-1-0-9
I hope you can sownload from there - too small file! 79kb!

This patch v2.6.1 will fix:
Blue BG color on Drow female paper doll

Put it into your DATA folder and execute!
Patch do not affect game process!

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 07:57

New patch avaible now!

http://mm7-maestro-mod.3dn.ru/load/1-1-0-10

115.5 kb

Included previous patch! You do not need to download an old one, if you already done - download new one!

description there - some text fixes, description...

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 13:10

:) Probably you were confused.
This patches works in your MM7 DATA folder only!
They affect Icons.lod, Events.lod so need to be placed there!

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

A Suggestion

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 13:28

Vladimir,

Might I suggest that, unless someone identifies a 'game-stopping', critical problem, that you collect the BUG reports and issue, say, one patch every week or-so? I think that it would be easier for you and less confusing for us.

For what it is worth.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

http://www.mediafire.com/BDJs

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 14:22

Wise :-D
But for now I have mails only from 3 people - 1st is you,2nd Hermann Harms and 3rd was a guy on russian server who show me how it was beautiful when undead monsters in Barrow Downs summoning Droids, Tolberti =))

I hope I fixed them! Am I?

Ok. I will gather information and at the end will try to fix it.
BTW: I can't slow down the Credits - they moves the same in original game.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 14:48

vladimir-maestro wrote: BTW: I can't slow down the Credits - they moves the same in original game.
..probably because the game is so old. Look at how fast the cursors spin in the character creation screen!

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 15:11

I just created a new party. I see that the race does not match as mentioned above. I have a party of 4 dragons. They have the same stats as the dwarf, which is the race they are showing as. Is this correct?

Also, when I load the saved game, I get an error and it crashed.

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 15:27

Want to ask you not get to the Shols - Linkons area!
Droids are too strong and cloning themselves!
At the end of the week I'll fix it without any needs of re-creating the party!

If you visit a location and I change some monsters there - you will not see it! Couse game was generated them from old DATA. So you must create new game or wait till reset of location.

Sp if you won't visit Linkoln at the end of the week I'll produce fix for it that will not affect game process.
------------
Yes, Drakes are the Dwarves with the same statistics. Drakes should be strong and durable - the same as the dwarves I think.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Credit Scrolling Speed

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 16:11

Vladimir,

You actually could fix the credit scrolling speed by 'sensing' the speed of the processor, and 'slowing down' the scroll based upon the processor. It's a pretty standard assembly or C-code practice with games today. Unfortunately, it would require a patch to the game .exe, and not worth the effort.

BDJ
"BDJ the Coding Wizard has moved out of the Coding Fortress, has retired from Might & Magic game modification, and now lives a peaceful life in Alto Lino, Republic de Panama.

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 18:28

Has anyone noticed the save game problem?

And what should be the stats for the Dragons?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 19:27

What the problem with the save game?
Stats for every race are fine

No I can't patch EXE in that way, sorry! It was hard to find a way how to patch EXE for new classes!

Now I'm hoping if this guy will made class changer for MM6 and MM8 =)

By the way - I'll write to him ;)

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 19:41

Also, when I load the saved game, I get an error and it crashed.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Saved Game & Load Problems

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 20:04

Variol,

I have not experienced any problems with SAVED games or Loading a SAVED game since I re-ran the installer.

However, upon reinstall, I chose **not** to add 'new' character classes. This is a default selection at the very end of install (box is automatically 'checked' for you). The first time I installed the mod, I left this box selected and had all sorts of game problems. So when I reinstalled, I 'unchecked' the selection before clicking on "Finished".

Perhaps, just perhaps, there are some systemic problems with the game when you patch the .exe to add the new classes?

For what it is worth.

BDJ

Variol
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby Variol » 18 Nov 2008, 20:15

Ok thanks,
I'll try it again, without the other part.

Also, do I need 2.612 patch, or is it in the main download?

vladimir-maestro
Genie
Genie

Unread postby vladimir-maestro » 18 Nov 2008, 21:14

yes you need this patch for correct names and description for some items and runes.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Reinstallation

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 21:19

Before I reinstalled the mod, I deleted the entire MM7 directory and replaced it with my backup copy. I always make a backupdirectory before attempting to modify anything!

I am not sure what will happen if you reinstall aftert you've already installed with the 'new characters' option.

BDJ

The Oracle
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby The Oracle » 18 Nov 2008, 21:22

Hi Vladimir

I have been playing your mod for a few hours now. I installed the mod with the NEW CLASSES icon CHECKED at the end of the installation. I applied your latest patch. I finished the Emerald Island and no major problems so far. The game did not crash once and I can save and load without problems. Apart from the fact that the new class names are not consistent through the game (e.g. promotion quests), the only bug I encountered is that the belts are not visible once equipped.

Thanks for the time and effort you put into this mod.

The Oracle

P.S. BDJ, I didn't have a chance to thank you for the great mod. It was a beautifully constructed new game. So, thanks very much.

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 18 Nov 2008, 22:52

The Oracle wrote: P.S. BDJ, I didn't have a chance to thank you for the great mod. It was a beautifully constructed new game. So, thanks very much.
Oracle,

You're very welcome! Since Vladimir released his graphic-enhancement mod to play with the Rev4 mod, this is the first time I've been able to play the game through, start-to-finish, since it was released. I gotta admit, it's kinda fun!

BDJ

Big Daddy Jim
Swordsman
Swordsman

CAUTION - Entering Deja

Unread postby Big Daddy Jim » 19 Nov 2008, 00:36

I dislike 'screaming' in a title post, but there appears to be a Game Stopping Bug after you enter Deja. It appears 'randomly' after or while encountering either the Harpies or the Zombies when you attempt to cast a spell. The indication is that the game 'freezes'. I have 'fixed' my personal copy of the game and will send Vladimir a PM indicating how to 'fix' the problem and he can take whatever actions he deems appropriate.

So, at the least, if you are going to enter Deja, make sure you keep a SAVED Game prior to entering that region. I suspect that a few other outdoor regions will display the same behavior, so always save prior to entering a new outdoor region.

BDJ[/b]

Return to “Might and Magic”