Search found 227 matches

by Sir Alock
25 Aug 2011, 09:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18450

To answer the question on the CPU & my rig. AMD X4 (Deneb) @ 3.5 GHz (no overclocking @ this point) 4 GB RAM Gigabyte 6870 1GB Video Card. Running HoMM VI w/ max settings @ 1900x1200 Resolution on 24" monitor. Nothing special with this machine. Runs like a top. Spin...Thanks for clearing up...
by Sir Alock
24 Aug 2011, 21:55
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18450

General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?

Hi All: Been a fan since HoMM1. I remember buying it in the summer of 1995 playing on my 486 DX2-66 Compaq computer that had a built-in 14" monitor! How time flies! It had a whopping 1MB of VRAM! Anyway...The more I've been playing in Skrimish mode (finished the 2 campaign scenarios) I'm really...
by Sir Alock
24 Aug 2011, 18:42
Topic: How to use the Portals in HoMM VI?
Replies: 3
Views: 5001

Avonu: Many thanks for taking the time to explain! You're correct! Nice job. Also...You need 15 movement points to use the Town Portal spell. Cool...Now I can defend my Castles thanks to you!
by Sir Alock
24 Aug 2011, 16:53

Wow...9 You sees & no replies! Whew...I guess not many people are playing the demo! Looked @ the Read-Me file & no mention. Plus...The Tutorial didn't show you how it works either!
by Sir Alock
24 Aug 2011, 15:03

How to use the Portals in HoMM VI?

Sorry for the stupid question...but I can't seem to figure how to use the portals! I have a level 1 portal in both of my Castles. Can someone give me some insight? I have enemy 3 Heroes just out of range near both of my Castles in Skrimish mode!
by Sir Alock
24 Aug 2011, 14:34
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI Demo Now Available
Replies: 78
Views: 30490

Heroes VI Demo Now Available

Wanted to chime back. I'm on board now with Homm VI. I'm starting to appreciate the battlefield. Works really well. As expected, it's a Demo so it needs some more polish. I'm still bummed out about the town screen window, but maybe they'll do something with it before it's release. On my computer it ...
by Sir Alock
22 Aug 2011, 13:01
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes VI Demo Now Available
Replies: 78
Views: 30490

Heroes VI Demo Now Available

D/L the demo on Friday. No issues from Fileplanet or demo itself. Played it & I'm on the ropes as to how I feel about HoMM6. My very 1st game (ever) was HoMM1. Feel in love with the series since (even HoMM4 after a while) The town screen disappoints me to no end (yes...it's really really gamepla...
by Sir Alock
13 Jul 2011, 11:49
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19146

I bought H3C from GOG games last week. For $9.99 you simply can't beat it. In fact, all my HoMM games I-IV come from GOG. I have every HoMM game on CD/DVD...but to play the games in Windows 7 without many issues is such a treat! Yes...I'll get a dropout every now & again, but not often. GOG rock...
by Sir Alock
09 Jul 2011, 14:38
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Anyone Play i-phone Heroes Palm?
Replies: 5
Views: 5058

Wow...I'm surprized that no one has played it! I needed to score some reading glasses to see the small units, but other then that it rocks!
by Sir Alock
09 Jul 2011, 13:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Start HMM1 on old hardware
Replies: 7
Views: 2360

Emerald: Just buy the game from GOG.com & score it for cheap. I think I paid $4.99 for it. Will run like a champ in Windows 7/64
by Sir Alock
29 Jun 2011, 18:26
Topic: Anyone Play i-phone Heroes Palm?
Replies: 5
Views: 5058

Anyone Play i-phone Heroes Palm?

Finally broke down & scored an i-phone 4. I needed internet/e-mail for work. I just discovered Heroes Palm version. It's not that bad @ all. It' tiny, but once you get the hang of the buttons it's fairly cool. Anyone else playing?
by Sir Alock
02 Mar 2011, 00:49
Topic: Remembering Fantasy General
Replies: 2
Views: 4214

I also have the original copy of Fantasy General. It is indeed a gem of a game, and easily the best one of the General -series. You can also copy the audio tracks from cd and most, if not all, dos-games work fine on DosBox. Personally I tend to use the Sorceress Mordra more often than not, since sh...
by Sir Alock
24 Feb 2011, 22:52
Topic: Remembering Fantasy General
Views: 4214

Remembering Fantasy General

Well...I finally broke down & installed DOSBOX on Windows 7 64-Bit. Brushed off my copy of Fantasy General & a few tweaks later with DOSBOX I was off & running. Just to hear the music again brought back so many wonderful Pre-Pentium days (486 DX2 was my 1st rig) days! Just how far comput...
by Sir Alock
27 Nov 2010, 16:15
Topic: Homm V on Windows 7
Replies: 9
Views: 7775

I can tell you that all HoMM5 series works just fine in Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) Can't speak for the other WIN7 versions. Loaded them all up just a few days ago on my new build & I'm playing HoMM5 without an issue. Patched-up all versions & they run just fine! I'm having problems wit...
by Sir Alock
24 Nov 2010, 05:01
Topic: Homm V on Windows 7
Replies: 9
Views: 7775

I can tell you that all HoMM5 series works just fine in Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) Can't speak for the other WIN7 versions. Loaded them all up just a few days ago on my new build & I'm playing HoMM5 without an issue. Patched-up all versions & they run just fine!
by Sir Alock
08 Aug 2010, 14:54
Topic: Disciples 3
Replies: 414
Views: 149301

Well...I broke down last week & purchased Disciples 3. It was a mess until they came out with a patch this past Friday. I must admit it's growing on me. Combat is very similar to HoMM series, it's works in it's own way. Still buggy, but it's getting better. I loved Disciples 1 & 2 & I fe...
by Sir Alock
17 May 2010, 16:10
Topic: New Web Browser Game that had a link here???
Views: 1574

Hodge: Sweet! Looks pretty cool. I'm going to sign-up later today & give it a try! I'm not sure if this was the link I found here, but it looks like a HoMM knock-off. So cool of you to respond!
by Sir Alock
12 May 2010, 16:22
Topic: New Web Browser Game that had a link here???
Views: 1574

New Web Browser Game that had a link here???

Hi All: Last week I poked into the celestial heavens & I noticed a web browser game (not Heroes of Gaia) that had a link to it. Looked like it might be in beta. The battle artwork looked just like HoMM 3 or 4. Any insight was to what game I'm talking about?
by Sir Alock
18 Feb 2010, 15:19
Topic: Disciples 3
Replies: 414
Views: 149301

Undead: I tired the 1280x1024 last night & you're correct, it grows on you. I like the detail of the terrain in the open map. I bought Disciples II Gold over a year ago (like $10.00) & didn't install it. Decide last week to install. I did buy the original Disciples II Dark Prophecy & fin...
by Sir Alock
17 Feb 2010, 14:43
Topic: Latest game you purchased
Replies: 254
Views: 58771

I have KB:AP on the back burner (looks like it might need a little more polish) I purchased Colonization for $13.99 (including S/H) from eBay a couple of weeks ago. Not great...Not horrible either!

Go to advanced search