Homm V on Windows 7

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Sherpa
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Homm V on Windows 7

Unread postby Sherpa » 06 Oct 2010, 00:25

I just upgraded my Win XP sp3 to new Windows Vista, and i was little bit disapointed when I saw that I can't run it in Win 7 normally.

Can anyone help me how to make it work?

Thanks in advance

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 06 Oct 2010, 08:29

Homm5 should work on win 7 perfectly.
Upgrading OS however is rarely best option, and many thing may not work for various reasons.
Also what sort of errors it is exhibiting?

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 24 Nov 2010, 05:01

I can tell you that all HoMM5 series works just fine in Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) Can't speak for the other WIN7 versions. Loaded them all up just a few days ago on my new build & I'm playing HoMM5 without an issue. Patched-up all versions & they run just fine!

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 24 Nov 2010, 11:32

Sir Alock wrote:I can tell you that all HoMM5 series works just fine in Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) Can't speak for the other WIN7 versions. Loaded them all up just a few days ago on my new build & I'm playing HoMM5 without an issue. Patched-up all versions & they run just fine!
I'm having problems with displaying the console. Were you able to access the console? If so where did the program install, Program Files or Program Files (x86) and where did you place the inputa2.cfg and autoexeca2.cfg?

Sir Alock
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Sir Alock » 27 Nov 2010, 16:15

bkknight2602 wrote:
Sir Alock wrote:I can tell you that all HoMM5 series works just fine in Windows 7 Professional (64-Bit) Can't speak for the other WIN7 versions. Loaded them all up just a few days ago on my new build & I'm playing HoMM5 without an issue. Patched-up all versions & they run just fine!
I'm having problems with displaying the console. Were you able to access the console? If so where did the program install, Program Files or Program Files (x86) and where did you place the inputa2.cfg and autoexeca2.cfg?
When you refer to "console" do you mean the in-game options? HommV installed in my Program(x86) I'm sure what you're talking about in regards to the .cfg files. I let Ubisoft install everything auto. Runs like a champ!

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 27 Nov 2010, 16:27

And I'll confirm that all of the Heroes games work on Win7 32 just fine as well.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 27 Nov 2010, 22:15

I don't have trouble with HOMM5 on Windows 7. Make sure you are all patched up. You might try an uninstall/reinstall of the game if that is not the issue. Or running it in compatability mode.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 28 Nov 2010, 21:22

Yes, the console I'm refferring is the ingame console. The game runs fine, but as posted in other threads, the following was added to the autoexec_a2.cfg:
setvar dev_console_password = schwinge-des-todes

input_a2.cfg:
// obsolete, but strictly need for compability with some interfaces
bind show_console '`'
bind adventure_teleport 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'T'
bind adventure_remove_object 'CTRL' + 'D'
bind fog_of_war 'CTRL' + 'SHIFT' + 'E'

None of the commands work with my Alienware M17x, but do work with the desk top running Vista SP2. Yes, I tried running compatibilty modes and that does not work either.

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 29 Nov 2010, 21:41

I have no problems running H5 on Windows 7 Home whatsoever.
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

bkknight2602
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby bkknight2602 » 30 Nov 2010, 00:54

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I have no problems running H5 on Windows 7 Home whatsoever.
Have you accessed the console on a lap top?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”