Search found 60 matches

by zhuge
05 Jul 2006, 17:14
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Dungeon Campgain-final scenario
Replies: 3
Views: 2303

The 1st Inferno town I took (North West) had Instant Travel. Used Scholar to teach it to Shayda and both teleported across the few garrisons which would incur heavy losses. There was one battle against 3k Imps. Had to use Lightning Bolt with Master of Storms on that stack repeatedly to prevent it fr...
by zhuge
05 Jul 2006, 13:42
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Nice free games (ADOM, TR, SRO)
Replies: 17
Views: 8616

Nice free games (ADOM, TR, SRO)

For those who have already finished the H5 campaign, getting bored with no extra maps and no map editor to tinkle around with, here are some free games I've played, which IMHO are well worth the time invested: ADOM - Free RPG, a Rogue-like game with basically very rudimentary graphics (just like Net...
by zhuge
03 Jul 2006, 14:54
Topic: My Necropolis Guide
Replies: 69
Views: 22767

Ok, normal damage for Cold Steel appears to be around 9.0-9.2% of regular damage inflicted (or about 11 points of damage gets you one point of cold as Alamar stated, which is more or less the same). Magic Proof 50% for Iron Golems and Earth Elementals drop this to about 4.6-4.9% Magic Proof 75% for ...
by zhuge
03 Jul 2006, 14:24
Topic: Sylvan campaign, map 1
Replies: 9
Views: 3916

Im stuck in this mission to, wonder how long I have to defend those #%¤% gates! I walk back and fort to reincforce my gates with troops,, the enemy gets stronger and I always have to keep my gate in top shape with troops, alot of troops since I cant use heroes to defend those gates. Hmm... well tec...
by zhuge
03 Jul 2006, 13:33

Collected some data on Cold Steel. Markal is L20, 2/12/11/2 with Expert Attack and Battle Frenzy and Cold Steel Attacker Defender Damage Cold Cold/Damage % Lich EarthElem 400 19 4,75 Lich EarthElem 447 21 4,697986577 Lich EarthElem 758 36 4,749340369 Lich EarthElem 414 20 4,830917874 Lich EarthElem ...
by zhuge
03 Jul 2006, 12:35

Thanks for the comments. Already finished the map. Biara came during the 5th week after I had killed 3 Necromancers. Guess I was too impatient. :tongue: Thought of taking the Cartographer to help with visibility but it was guarded by Lots of Pit Lords and I had already maxed out Findan long before s...
by zhuge
03 Jul 2006, 06:04

Sylvan campaign, map 1

Would like to note that the troops in the garrisons are removable if you switch it with another unit. So you could fill up the garrison with just stacks of 1 Pixie each and get a strong troop bonus early on to clear wandering monsters and level up. You can of course chain back the troops to the garr...
by zhuge
01 Jul 2006, 16:11

I haven't found Bone / Spectral Dragons very useful in Sieges [in the way that you describe]. Usually my goal is to use the castle walls against the defending troops. The real threat [IMHO] of the Necro is ranged damage. ASSUMING that you have clear ranged superiority if the defenders have any hope...
by zhuge
01 Jul 2006, 15:00
Topic: Dungeon The Cultists: stuck
Replies: 2
Views: 1758

I've been seeing quite a lot of complaints about cutscenes not triggering and next scenario not being accessible. Wonder if it has to do with a bugged campaign.sav or some file incompatibility between v1.0 and v1.1 ?
by zhuge
01 Jul 2006, 14:55
Topic: Dungeon Mission 3: Impossible
Replies: 56
Views: 19021

An interesting map with lots of chases and action. I took Enlightenment, Luck, Destructive Magic, Sorcery with Raelag. With the extra stats from Enlightenment. 20% off spell costs from Arcane Training and Mana Regeneration I never really needed to stop to recharge mana, even though I was casting Emp...
by zhuge
01 Jul 2006, 14:19

Well on HeroesCommunity, there was quite a lengthy thread discussing whether Necro is weaker than other factions: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=17784 I would think that playing Necro is a bit different and it pays to be more aggressive earlier on to level up Necromancy/Skel Archers....
by zhuge
30 Jun 2006, 20:19
Topic: Luck in getting the right stacks
Views: 3722

I would actually like to hear how to defeat 35 archmages early ;) I usually don't do the fight at all. ;) Mages, Druids are some of the units I tend to avoid in the early game. If they're guarding a mine/resources/artifact/structure I'm sure the same benefits can be had elsewhere or later for a les...
by zhuge
29 Jun 2006, 09:36
Topic: Dungeon Campaign, Map 2: The Expansion
Replies: 28
Views: 9513

Mine was at the far South East corner of the surface area, right smack at the center of a T junction. But from the description of others it appears to be random and with quite a large positioning radius as well it seems. If you have uncovered all the obelisks, just look closely and see which area it...
by zhuge
28 Jun 2006, 23:56
Topic: Sylvan strategy
Replies: 12
Views: 12077

As others have stated, get dwellings up fast. I usually build Town Hall once I can get it. With an extra 500 G per day over Village Hall it will repay your original investment of 2000 G in 4 days. Depending on how gold/resource rich the map is, you might want to get your City Hall/Capitol as soon as...
by zhuge
28 Jun 2006, 23:33
Topic: HELP!!! Can't pass hard in map "Neighbors"!!!
Replies: 3
Views: 1775

Not really sure of the exact details of the map but in general you should play aggressively and develop fast. I usually get an extra hero or two at the start and start exploring. Combine these initial troops for the main hero and he should be able to clear a few enemy stacks and hopefully a mine as ...
by zhuge
28 Jun 2006, 23:16
Topic: Major trouble in second mission of undead campaign!!!
Replies: 8
Views: 2639

As with many maps you can avoid complications by playing speedily. The way to the Shipyard was guarded by Colossus during my play. Wights and lots of Skel Archers would be needed to clear that which was my goal for the first several days. Harvest most stacks on the East end of the island and you do ...
by zhuge
28 Jun 2006, 18:55
Forum: Campfire
Topic: How did you know Heroes...
Replies: 28
Views: 10640

<zhuge gets a little teary eyed, reminiscing past experiences> Ah yes 1997 was the year where I started playing H1. My roommate was playing it for some time and was totally engrossed. He 'infected' me and another close friend and since then we've been hooked. Later on we got 2 more members and forme...
by zhuge
27 Jun 2006, 17:41
Topic: The Wraith - is it underrated?
Replies: 86
Views: 19485

Well perhaps 1 in 5 might be a bit too strong. I maintain that Harm Touch should do some decent damage though. If it dealt about say half the damage as it normally would that would still seem quite weak to me. You can of course waste away enemy retal first with any 1 unit stack. I think ultimately i...
by zhuge
27 Jun 2006, 16:47

With an adjustment in Harm Touch to 1 kill per 5 (no regular damage) that would bring their damage Vs the above L7s to 2 kill instead of 1+. Not that great a difference really. You mean, except the fact that they don't get to retaliate, which is, incidentally, a hell of an advantage ? ^^ Right you ...
by zhuge
27 Jun 2006, 15:41

Admittedly I haven't really been crunching numbers on that matter. Just going by feel. But let's crunch some as you say and see how it turns out. Wraith Attack 26, average damage 27.5 Expected Damage for 10 Wraiths Angels (D27, hp180): 261 Archangels (D31, hp220): 220 Green Dragon (D25, hp200): 288 ...

Go to advanced search