Sylvan campaign, map 1

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Sylvan campaign, map 1

Unread postby zhuge » 03 Jul 2006, 06:04

Would like to note that the troops in the garrisons are removable if you switch it with another unit. So you could fill up the garrison with just stacks of 1 Pixie each and get a strong troop bonus early on to clear wandering monsters and level up. You can of course chain back the troops to the garrison with other heroes when you're done with them.
Seems like an oversight to me.

Also just wondering how long I need to defend the garrisons. The game won't let me cross over to the other side of the garrisons as per the objectives, though it also doesn't state how long I have to defend. A fixed time like training for 1 month in the case of Dungeon campaign, map 1 would give a better idea.

Ari
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ari » 03 Jul 2006, 06:37

I'd noticed that too, though it's not neccessarily an oversight if you consider that while you're traipsing around with all of those troops, you leave the garrisons vulnerable. All it takes is a loss of two before you lose the scenario. And with enemy hero movement greater than your visibility, they can come without much warning. (As a quick aside, though, the one time I lost a garrison battle, the enemy never bothered to actually take the garrison.)

I believe that you have to defend a little longer than a month. 6 weeks or so is about right - without spoiling, at that point, it should be obvious that you're ready to move on. I agree, though, that I wished there had been a little more feedback on how long I was supposed to defend.

Just a warning, though. There's a thread somewhere below about the script possibly never firing to trigger the end of the waiting period. I'm not sure what the particulars are, but if you get much past 2 months and nothing's happening, you might want to give that thread a read.

zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 03 Jul 2006, 12:35

Thanks for the comments. Already finished the map. Biara came during the 5th week after I had killed 3 Necromancers. Guess I was too impatient. :tongue:

Thought of taking the Cartographer to help with visibility but it was guarded by Lots of Pit Lords and I had already maxed out Findan long before so I decided to skip it to avoid casualties.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jul 2006, 14:06

Im stuck in this mission to, wonder how long I have to defend those #%¤% gates! I walk back and fort to reincforce my gates with troops,, the enemy gets stronger and I always have to keep my gate in top shape with troops, alot of troops since I cant use heroes to defend those gates.

zhuge
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby zhuge » 03 Jul 2006, 14:24

Orfinn wrote:Im stuck in this mission to, wonder how long I have to defend those #%¤% gates! I walk back and fort to reincforce my gates with troops,, the enemy gets stronger and I always have to keep my gate in top shape with troops, alot of troops since I cant use heroes to defend those gates.
Hmm... well technically you CAN use heroes to defend. Provided they are in the right place. The garrisons allow you to march forth 1 step which will trigger the message that if you go any further you will lose the game.
Don't budge. Just stay there. Any enemy hero who wants to take the garrison will have to go through your hero first.
Of course you could always combine troops from a few garrisons due to being able to swap troops with all garrisons as stated above... though I think that's rather odd, probably an oversight and against the spirit of the map.

You can upgrade all troops at a Hill Fort south of the castle, near the garrisons. I prepare a chain of heroes to get them upgraded on day 1 once I have additional troops available.

Ari
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Ari » 03 Jul 2006, 15:34

That's odd. I placed heroes directly on the garrison square and I'm pretty sure when the enemy attacks the hero's forces are combined with the garrison's in the battle (when there's more than 7 slots between the 2 the computer picks - possibly the best 7 slots?)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jul 2006, 17:05

But how long do I have to defend the gates before next objective?

Nebs
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nebs » 03 Jul 2006, 18:08

In all my games, red hero showed on Month 2, Week 1, Day 2 (or 3). Usually after three teal attacks on garrisons.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Jul 2006, 21:27

Oki doki, thanks :)

Sunnyboy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Sunnyboy » 01 Aug 2006, 20:58

I'm in Month 6 now. The teal guys captured all gates once and now they just run around with massive armies. Did Baria forget me or did I stumble on a bug?

Return to “Heroes V-VI”