Search found 1654 matches

by Banedon
Dec 12 2017, 6:28
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Buying a new laptop
Replies: 7
Views: 121

Re: Buying a new laptop

Thanks. I took a look around and my budget appears to be on the low end. I can certainly spend more money, especially since I find the computer so utterly crucial to my life, but I'm still not likely to go above ~US$ 2k at most. We'll see. I might also go ahead and get a 17" laptop, because why...
by Banedon
Dec 9 2017, 19:16

Re: Buying a new laptop

@Pol well I still have to uninstall all of those programs. At one point my current computer failed and I had to reset it to factory settings, which also led to a second round of uninstalling. It's bearable but annoying. Would you guys say this guide is applicable or is it outdated? https://www.lapto...
by Banedon
Dec 8 2017, 0:53

Buying a new laptop

My current laptop has trouble connecting to the wireless network I have. It connects fine most of the time but there are occasional, consistent and very annoying dc's. I got a wifi dongle but then although the dongle detects the network it doesn't manage to connect to it. Now I'm mad at how frustrat...
by Banedon
Jul 22 2017, 7:35
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 43
Views: 7535

Re: The Witcher series

Lol Kalah playing the series in the wrong order. I just finished Witcher 1 again as well. When I first played through it all those years ago I had thought it was a great game, but now I don't feel so anymore. There're just a lot of weaknesses: inventory management is annoying as hell, lack of equipm...
by Banedon
Jul 6 2017, 0:01

^I played some Gwent, it has lots of strengths. From a game design standpoint I like it over every other CCG except possibly Magic. But it also has lots of problems. Some of the more major ones: 1) Some cards make mulligan decisions completely pointless because you always mulligan them (e.g. two thi...
by Banedon
Jun 20 2017, 0:00
Topic: Best Deals!
Replies: 214
Views: 33077

Re: Best Deals!

GOG offered me The Witcher: Enhanced Edition for free if I signed up for their newsletter recently. Was happy to take it up.

Might have something to do with their data analysis algorithms and me playing Gwent.
by Banedon
Apr 26 2017, 23:56

Why, is Starcraft a game only young people can play?

I've never played it but a friend tells me it's a very intense game in the sense that you need a high APM. On the other hand that doesn't mean it's exclusive to young people!
by Banedon
Apr 25 2017, 23:58

by Banedon
Jan 25 2017, 23:52
Topic: Something troubling me
Replies: 36
Views: 139111

Re: Something troubling me

Saw this recently and the first thing I thought about was this thread: http://www.psychology-spot.com/2016/03/ ... ce-is.html

If intelligence is mostly inherited from the mother, we're all in even more trouble since the effect of this selection bias will be magnified!
by Banedon
Oct 19 2016, 23:55
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Twitch
Replies: 4
Views: 922

Re: HoMM III on Twitch

Uhh, https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/He ... of%20Death?

For example https://www.twitch.tv/aiwezo has a game going on right now, and after five minutes of watching (not much time to watch unfortunately) it's still the opponent's turn.
by Banedon
Oct 18 2016, 12:31
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM III on Twitch
Views: 922

HoMM III on Twitch

Something made me look this up some time ago, and I saw one tournament game with 100+ viewers in progress. My immediate takeaway was, now I understand what csarmi was saying! The map was so giganormous that one hero would never be able to clear it; in fact I would have built up multiple heroes and e...
by Banedon
Oct 1 2016, 13:31
Topic: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft
Replies: 19
Views: 4442

Re: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft

I agree as well... Look at Diablo 3 from Blizzard. Lots of bugs when it came out. Diablo 2 was delayed twice for a proper finish. Now it's all about shareholders... I believe one day gamers will vote with their wallets. I have done just that with Heroes 7. You may be looking at things through rose-...
by Banedon
Sep 28 2016, 10:56
Topic: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft
Replies: 19
Views: 4442

Re: Ex-Ubisoft Employee Exposes Ubisoft

Honestly this is hardly exceptional, and something I'd hazard happens an awful lot in many companies worldwide, in all industries. Basic recipe is, shareholders (or top management in private companies) care about the total amount of money they make, and not so much about how that money is made. Dela...
by Banedon
Mar 14 2016, 11:37

Without spoiling - you may have your hearts broken over Roche's fate because of the endings in the third game. Would be something to see - I personally don't care much for Roche because Geralt and him seem not like friends but rather allies forced by necessity. Roche has some strong qualities sure,...
by Banedon
Mar 13 2016, 10:19

Well I remember the dragon fight as "keep Quen up as long as possible, chop her to bits". Not particularly difficult once I got used to the attack patterns. Letho fight was always a case of Yrden use, which I'd been relying on for much of the game. Even on Dark difficulty it wasn't hard. R...
by Banedon
Mar 13 2016, 0:09

Lol twenty seconds, what difficulty did you play at? I recall the dragon fight being decently difficult, but not because I can't kill her fast enough - more of a case of me dying in a few hits. I'm surprised you could still upgrade your weapons! I had the best equipment long before that happened. Th...
by Banedon
Feb 13 2016, 14:00
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 153188

Re: Hangman vol. VIII

M
by Banedon
Feb 13 2016, 13:57

Re: Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

I found Witcher 1 and 2 both really good, so I'm absolutely getting Witcher 3. But not yet - waiting for all the patches and enhanced editions etc to be released first!
by Banedon
Jan 5 2016, 11:55
Forum: News
Topic: Celestial Heavens Review Heroes VII
Views: 1162

Re: Celestial Heavens Review Heroes VII

Typo: it's spelled "myriad", not "myriade".
by Banedon
Dec 15 2015, 23:56
Topic: Hangman vol. VIII
Replies: 2561
Views: 153188

Re: Hangman vol. VIII

Right I don't remember that much of HoMM 5, but I'm pretty damn sure the answer is Talonguard. Which doesn't fit. In other words,

:hanged: Avonu :loll: :loll:

Go to advanced search