Search found 1686 matches

by Banedon
17 Jul 2024, 15:24
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Best Deals!
Replies: 462
Views: 438559

Re: Best Deals!

Red Dead Redemption 2 is on discount on Steam. It's described as one of the greatest games ever made, so it's likely worth a look.
by Banedon
03 Jun 2024, 12:38

Chivalry 2 is free on Epic Games right now, probably worth a look because of the strength of the reviews: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/chivalry-2
by Banedon
06 Jan 2023, 14:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Does anyone watch HoMM on Twitch?
Replies: 0
Views: 865

Does anyone watch HoMM on Twitch?

It seems HoMM 3 has quite the following on Twitch, with many streams having over 1k viewers. The playerbase appears to be East-European dominated, and it also looks like they have some unique formats, e.g. "only one hero". The gameplay is very high level and the players all do optimization...
by Banedon
21 Oct 2022, 10:13

Fallout 3 is free on Epic Games right now - https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/fal ... ar-edition
by Banedon
13 Jul 2022, 08:21
Topic: GalCiv2: Dread Lords
Replies: 63
Views: 29315

Re:

So I started playing this game again and: Superpowerful indeed lol, the game I had yesterday when I discovered the 'invulnerable ship' mechanism showed just how 'superpowerful' the Dread Lords are. What happened: I had a ship that could shoot at three opponents (as in an enemy fleet of three ships) ...
by Banedon
05 Aug 2021, 09:42

Battlefield 1 and Battlefield 5 are free with Amazon Prime right now. https://gaming.amazon.com/loot/battlefieldv?ref_=SM_D5S01_ODP You don't need a Prime subscription, you can sign up for the free trial, attach the games to your EA account, and then cancel the Prime subscription. And no I didn't ge...
by Banedon
20 Jul 2021, 04:59
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Covid and Welfare
Replies: 19
Views: 11187

Re: Covid and Welfare

I'm relocating in a couple of months, which is scary - I'll be moving from a country where Covid is not a problem and there are virtually no restrictions to a country where Covid is under control, but still a problem. It's a scary proposition and I know some people who have refrained from relocating...
by Banedon
20 Jul 2021, 04:47

Damn, missed it again. I need to make an email alert to this thread or something. ;)

Edit: Ok so I'm subscribed to this thread, but does that mean I get notifications whenever I check CH, or email notifications whenever a new post is made? I'd prefer the latter, but not sure if that's how it works.
by Banedon
23 Sep 2020, 03:36
Topic: Covid and Welfare
Replies: 19
Views: 11187

Re: Covid and Welfare

Well, Brazil is one of the worst-affected countries in the world. I'm more concerned for India because that country looks like it will suffer really hard until a vaccine is developed. Life is pretty normal where I am, except we're all working from home, which has dire consequences for me on a person...
by Banedon
19 Sep 2020, 14:25
Topic: Looking for a new game to play
Replies: 17
Views: 12521

Re: Looking for a new game to play

Bump, still looking for new multiplayer game to play. Anyone have suggestions?

I notice Among Us has exploded in popularity on Twitch, but the game looks too simple to hold my attention for long.
by Banedon
06 Jun 2020, 23:22

Damn, I should check this thread more often. Thanks Pol for posting links, even if they're out-of-date for me now and even if I have no time to play new games :D
by Banedon
06 Jun 2020, 22:57
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 60
Views: 49679

Re: The Witcher series

Finally finished Blood & Wine, and with it the entire series. Great game. According to GOG I've played The Witcher 3 for 150 (!) hours, which is an incredible number for the price, and at some point I still have to play New Game +. Blood & Wine was also a good expansion with huge amounts of ...
by Banedon
17 Mar 2020, 22:44

Play Freespace 2! Only costs a few dollars, comes with tons of content, there's no micromanagement (since it's level-based), and again because it's level-based each of which only takes ~15 minutes to complete (assuming you don't fail :D ), you can easily play a few hours a week no problem.
by Banedon
27 Feb 2020, 08:31
Topic: Freespace 2
Replies: 1
Views: 3380

Freespace 2

This old game won lots of accolades, and since then its fans have gone on to make many custom campaigns for it. The game itself costs a few dollars, but beyond that all the extra content is free. FS Open (the program used to get these mods) used to be hard to install, but with Knossos , it's gotten ...
by Banedon
27 Feb 2020, 08:27

Lol wimfrits. Binge watching has happened a bit too often for me that starting to watch a TV series takes an active decision, because once I start it'll be hard to stop. This time I played W3, I didn't kill Keira, recruited Letho and Roche. Just the emperor and Djkstra were SoBs and didn't come to h...
by Banedon
10 Nov 2019, 09:06

Took me a hundred hours but I eventually finished The Witcher 3. Great game, very intriguing with loads of memorable characters. The day I finished it I actually had some trouble sleeping that night because I was thinking about the fates of some of the people. Many of the quests & dialogue were ...
by Banedon
22 Feb 2019, 13:34

Reviews for Anthem are not good ...
by Banedon
18 Feb 2019, 11:33
Topic: Buying a new laptop
Replies: 26
Views: 18218

Re: Buying a new laptop

Epilogue: I bit the bullet and bought this laptop from Illegear for US$ 1678 (including postage): 15.6" FHD Anti-glare 144Hz IPS sRGB 100% Display featuring INFINIVISION Bezel-less Technology Professional Color Calibration 8th Gen. Intel Core i7-8750H (Six Core, 9M Cache, 2.2GHz to 4.1GHz) Nvid...
by Banedon
09 Feb 2019, 13:01

Thanks, I will take a look at Anthem when it's released.

Payday 2 is a FPS! Those unfortunately make me dizzy, and besides I'm terrible at them, so I'll have to pass :D
by Banedon
06 Feb 2019, 14:14

Looking for a new game to play

- must be multiplayer, at least cooperative with 3 players (since I want to play with 2 others). More players is even better (since I have more friends). - can't be very ping dependent, since we're all in different countries. - if a MOBA, not one of League of Legends, DotA 2, Heroes of Newerth, and ...

Go to advanced search