Reviews for Anthem are not good ...
by Banedon
Feb 18 2019, 11:33
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Buying a new laptop
Replies: 26
Views: 4374

Re: Buying a new laptop

Epilogue: I bit the bullet and bought this laptop from Illegear for US$ 1678 (including postage): 15.6" FHD Anti-glare 144Hz IPS sRGB 100% Display featuring INFINIVISION Bezel-less Technology Professional Color Calibration 8th Gen. Intel Core i7-8750H (Six Core, 9M Cache, 2.2GHz to 4.1GHz) Nvid...
by Banedon
Feb 9 2019, 13:01
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Looking for a new game to play
Replies: 9
Views: 635

Re: Looking for a new game to play

Thanks, I will take a look at Anthem when it's released.

Payday 2 is a FPS! Those unfortunately make me dizzy, and besides I'm terrible at them, so I'll have to pass :D
by Banedon
Feb 6 2019, 14:14
Topic: Looking for a new game to play
Replies: 9
Views: 635

Looking for a new game to play

- must be multiplayer, at least cooperative with 3 players (since I want to play with 2 others). More players is even better (since I have more friends). - can't be very ping dependent, since we're all in different countries. - if a MOBA, not one of League of Legends, DotA 2, Heroes of Newerth, and ...
by Banedon
Feb 1 2019, 9:35

15.6" is good enough for me (in fact I'd probably prefer this screen size since then I can guarantee I put it into my backpack). But! I've miscalculated substantially. I didn't know that those prices quoted are actually before shipping & various taxes, and with those factored in, the prices...
by Banedon
Jan 30 2019, 11:44

Lol yeah, I'm no hardware expert but I've read that the high end GPU market is Nvidia's stomping ground, which is why it's getting away with the high prices on the 20xx line. I really don't think I can afford to wait much longer though, lest this computer fail on me. On the other hand, because I pro...
by Banedon
Jan 20 2019, 12:10

My God, why are laptops with the new graphics cards so expensive?! Like, yeah the graphics cards themselves went up in price by a hundred dollars or so, but how can the price go up by ~50%?!
by Banedon
Jan 17 2019, 11:44

Quick update, new graphics cards are finally released and the reviews for the 2060 are really good. I'm greatly anticipating the 2060 laptops when they're finally released and will almost certainly buy one then!
by Banedon
Nov 7 2018, 11:12

Thanks Pol. My heart was telling me do it but my head kept telling me the time was so bad I really shouldn't buy a computer unless I absolutely needed to, so I brought this computer to repair. It seems it's not in as bad a condition as I thought. After a system restore, the only thing I've "los...
by Banedon
Nov 5 2018, 13:06

Well call my dumb because it's almost the end of the year and the new graphics cards still aren't available (they've apparently been released for desktops, but not laptops). Besides from the reviews these graphics cards not even that good, being mostly for a technology that isn't available yet. It's...
by Banedon
Mar 29 2018, 4:12

Update on what I wound up doing: nothing (unfortunately). After a bit more searching, I decided to wait for the next generation of NVidia graphics cards before making a purchase. They're apparently expected early 2018, and some new Volta cards are already available after all. Of course it's already ...
by Banedon
Jan 1 2018, 2:40
Topic: PF2018
Replies: 10
Views: 1637

Re: PF2018

Uhh, what's PF?
by Banedon
Dec 31 2017, 11:47

Question: is it worth paying 30% more to get the 1st computer instead of the 2nd (in the links above)?
by Banedon
Dec 22 2017, 23:33

Lol nice! Excellent reason to be concerned! Turns out I can't buy the ASUS laptop from where I am in the world, so that's out. The Acer Predator's still an option however and the reviews I've seen are positive. They don't say it's extremely good, but they do say it's extremely good for that price po...
by Banedon
Dec 21 2017, 20:15

8| What makes you say it's fishy? That sounds like a (very) bad sign.
by Banedon
Dec 19 2017, 10:39

Spent some time searching and it seems I can find the cheapest prices on Amazon (surprise surprise). It also seems like I should aim for at least a GT1060, preferably GT1070. As a result I'm narrowing my choices to two: https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-GL502VS-DB71-Windows-Certified-Refurbished/dp/B072...
by Banedon
Dec 12 2017, 6:28

Thanks. I took a look around and my budget appears to be on the low end. I can certainly spend more money, especially since I find the computer so utterly crucial to my life, but I'm still not likely to go above ~US$ 2k at most. We'll see. I might also go ahead and get a 17" laptop, because why...
by Banedon
Dec 9 2017, 19:16

@Pol well I still have to uninstall all of those programs. At one point my current computer failed and I had to reset it to factory settings, which also led to a second round of uninstalling. It's bearable but annoying. Would you guys say this guide is applicable or is it outdated? https://www.lapto...
by Banedon
Dec 8 2017, 0:53

Buying a new laptop

My current laptop has trouble connecting to the wireless network I have. It connects fine most of the time but there are occasional, consistent and very annoying dc's. I got a wifi dongle but then although the dongle detects the network it doesn't manage to connect to it. Now I'm mad at how frustrat...
by Banedon
Jul 22 2017, 7:35
Topic: The Witcher series
Replies: 43
Views: 13592

Re: The Witcher series

Lol Kalah playing the series in the wrong order. I just finished Witcher 1 again as well. When I first played through it all those years ago I had thought it was a great game, but now I don't feel so anymore. There're just a lot of weaknesses: inventory management is annoying as hell, lack of equipm...

Go to advanced search