Looking for a new game to play

Because we play other games too.
Best Deals, MoM, Fanstratics
Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Looking for a new game to play

Unread postby Banedon » 06 Feb 2019, 14:14

- must be multiplayer, at least cooperative with 3 players (since I want to play with 2 others). More players is even better (since I have more friends).
- can't be very ping dependent, since we're all in different countries.
- if a MOBA, not one of League of Legends, DotA 2, Heroes of Newerth, and Heroes of the Storm (since we've either played or rejected these games already)
- prefer a reasonably-sized community. A dying one with long queue times would probably not hold our attention for very long.
- some of us have a distinct preference for games which don't have daily achievements (since they feel pressured to log on and play).

Any suggestions?
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Re: Looking for a new game to play

Unread postby Panda Tar » 06 Feb 2019, 21:14

Anthem is going to be released on February 22nd. Take a look at it and see if you find it interesting. Given it's something being really anticipated, even at the beginning might have a good-sized community.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Avonu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Avonu » 07 Feb 2019, 08:09

Panda Tar wrote:Given it's something being really anticipated
From what I have heard and seen, I would say it's quite opposite.

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 07 Feb 2019, 09:25

Payday 2 was really good. I think it still have community and it currently its in its final form with no more ever releasing DLCs and you can buy it for reasonable price. Also it has evolved alot since release with campaign mode and other stuff.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 09 Feb 2019, 13:01

Thanks, I will take a look at Anthem when it's released.

Payday 2 is a FPS! Those unfortunately make me dizzy, and besides I'm terrible at them, so I'll have to pass :D
I'm a hypocrite because I suggested that all life is sacred and should not be wasted without good reason.

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 22 Feb 2019, 13:34

Reviews for Anthem are not good ...

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Feb 2019, 14:04

In my youger days I was playing games like this. But as of community I'm not so sure nowadays :devious:

Why not H3:HotA?

As for community they have Discord server, see our links.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 22 Feb 2019, 18:44

Anthem was released today? Expected ... bug fest, perhaps?

Ah, the "let's release an unfinished game" policy again. :(
Last edited by Panda Tar on 22 Feb 2019, 18:52, edited 1 time in total.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Feb 2019, 17:24

There's worse than an unfinished game being released. It's when an unfinished game gets released, but the publisher does have a nice DLC ready only a couple of weeks later.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 25 Feb 2019, 18:12

If this game becomes another fiasco, like they messed up with Mass Effect Andromeda, I wonder if it wasn't better trying to make MEA a really awesome instead. Now they have 2 games with potential which became messed up because their Publisher sucks.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 15 Mar 2020, 12:39

Also looking for a new game to play on xbox one..

Currently at the final stages of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. Which is easily one of the best game experiences of the last years. Running around exotic planets while battling Empire troops and local fauna. A skill system that offers enough variety to personalize combat options without becoming overly complex. Awesome atmosphere and an entertaining storyline. Great combat system. And a satisfying feeling of gradually mastering your own force powers :D

So.. I'm kind of looking for something along this line. Time is limited to several hours a week, so I'm looking for something where micromanagement is limited to a minimum. Options I'm considering:

* The Witcher 3
Have been considering this for a long time already. What keeps me from getting it is the thought it involves a lot of micromanagement.

* Sekiro: Shadows die twice
Being a huge fan of the Dark Souls series, Sekiro would be an obvious choice. What keeps me is the combat system sounds rigid. Where in DS you had some variety in combat styles, it seems Sekiro demands that you learn to use singular counters for each situation.

* Middle-earth: Shadow of War
LoTR setting and a decent combat and movement system. I hear it involves way too much micromanagement though.

Any thoughts?
Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Mar 2020, 13:38

What do you mean by micromanagement in Witcher 3?

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 16 Mar 2020, 14:07

Maybe micromanagement is not the right term.
I mean time spent on stuff aside from the exciting parts. Like organising slots, crafting, oiling, reading bestiaries, walking from A to B, talking to NPCs that turn out to have nothing to say

Some is fine, as long as it constitutes but a small portion of gameplay
Last edited by wimfrits on 16 Mar 2020, 14:09, edited 1 time in total.

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 16 Mar 2020, 18:20

You can actually go somewhat straight into story line missions. Of course, not grinding, finding better items or crafting things will make the game harder. Walking around is somewhat simplified by fast-travel signs. On a whole, the most time consuming thing in that game is trying to get all "?" spread around the map. Aside from that, trying to go very straight away will require a bit more skill on combining signs, oils and bombs; and a lot of dodging, parrying and repair kits, because foes will simply take a long while to die. Witcher has also a very nice additional content, specially Blood and Wine Expansion Set. But to get the feeling of everything, you indeed would have to spend a little time around.

I have Shadow of War and found it quite ... boring after a while. But that's just me. :)

What I want to play now is Ori and the Will of the Wisps, released this month. :D
Last edited by Panda Tar on 16 Mar 2020, 18:20, edited 1 time in total.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 16 Mar 2020, 20:17

Thanks for your views Tar :)
I'm scrapping SoW off the list

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 17 Mar 2020, 22:44

Play Freespace 2! Only costs a few dollars, comes with tons of content, there's no micromanagement (since it's level-based), and again because it's level-based each of which only takes ~15 minutes to complete (assuming you don't fail :D ), you can easily play a few hours a week no problem.

wimfrits
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby wimfrits » 18 Mar 2020, 15:45

Everyone should definitely play Freespace 2! Even those like me that are not fond of space combat games ;)

I ordered TW3.
Also good to have a short break from soulslike games (which Jedi FA essentially is).
Will try Sekiro later

Banedon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Banedon » 19 Sep 2020, 14:25

Bump, still looking for new multiplayer game to play. Anyone have suggestions?

I notice Among Us has exploded in popularity on Twitch, but the game looks too simple to hold my attention for long.

Return to “Hall of the Heretics”