Search found 3456 matches

by jeff
Feb 11 2019, 21:12
Forum: Campfire
Topic: WoW!
Replies: 9
Views: 286

Re: WoW!

It has been a long time. I hope you get your computer fixed and can once again enjoy the MMs.
by jeff
Feb 10 2019, 16:54
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: X-COM, the remake
Replies: 66
Views: 20563

Re: X-COM, the remake

Just bought the full package on GOG; a bit expensive but I am really enjoying the game. Brings back memories of the original.
by jeff
Feb 10 2019, 16:52
Topic: WoW!
Replies: 9
Views: 286

Re: WoW!

Glad to see you been doing fine; hope to see you around more often.
by jeff
Jan 1 2019, 5:31
Topic: Happy New Year 2019
Replies: 7
Views: 486

Re: Happy New Year 2019

Happy Year and may the long absent old faces return to the forums to chat and say hello.
by jeff
Dec 25 2018, 17:36
Topic: Merry Christmas 2018
Replies: 2
Views: 208

Merry Christmas 2018

I hope everyone has a good holiday; let's hope for a better future for everyone.
by jeff
Nov 7 2018, 19:55
Forum: Articles
Topic: H4 Object Package
Replies: 8
Views: 897

Re: H4 Object Package

Win 10/Equi issue; so it may be mute.
by jeff
Nov 6 2018, 3:39
Forum: Articles
Topic: H4 Object Package
Replies: 8
Views: 897

Re: H4 Object Package

After deleting the AOP file, try not replacing it. Let the editor build its own. As I recall that was what I did. After that you can recreate those other tabs.
by jeff
Oct 29 2018, 0:16
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Other Problem with Equilibris Editor
Replies: 1
Views: 524

Re: Other Problem with Equilibris Editor

Not sure but I think this is a recurring problem found with Win 10. You have to build the equi.aop file. You need to delete the one made during installation; then in the editor create a new tab, nMW IR as you want and then manually add the equilibris items to it. The new equi.aop file is now compati...
by jeff
Oct 22 2018, 23:48
Topic: Problems with Equilibris Map Editor (Win. 10)
Replies: 6
Views: 687

Re: Problems with Equilibris Map Editor (Win. 10)

Karmakeld wrote: Equilibris v.3.51 only includes 3 new Artifacts - The Griffin Helm, Witch's Ring and the Spirit of Oppresion. As well as the 3 Barbarian Walls.

You forgot the completed functional wagon quest hut was also added.
by jeff
Oct 13 2018, 2:50
Topic: Problems with Equilibris Map Editor (Win. 10)
Views: 687

Re: Problems with Equilibris Map Editor (Win. 10)

I'm still in China and can't see the images, but you have to build the equi.aop file. You need to delete the one made during installation; then in the editor create a new tab and then manually add the equilibris items to it. The new equi.aop file is now compatible with Win 10. This is basically the ...
by jeff
Sep 29 2018, 6:21
Forum: News
Topic: New object package for H4
Replies: 25
Views: 5006

Re: New object package for H4

[Yeah finally got to look into it, and I found that Gimp (at least newest version) has an angle measuring tool, would you believe it... :| So I should get to fix the Cliff's Nest eventually.. but currently I found some screenshots of unreleased Equilibris Creature Dwellings, so I'm attempting to an...
by jeff
Sep 27 2018, 9:27
Topic: Starflight 3
Views: 605

Re: Starflight 3

Unfortunate, but not unexpected. The list of failed crowd funded games is long and keeps getting longer. I am in China currently and all/most of the media/social networks not China based are blocked; so I was unable to see any of the Facebook info.
by jeff
Sep 16 2018, 3:15
Topic: Starflight 3
Views: 605

Re: Starflight 3

There was an earlier attempt at Starflight 3 several years ago that ended up making little progress; hopefully this one will fare better. Starflight 1 was the first RPG like game I played on an old Heathkit computer with its 8088 cpu and two 5 1/4 floppy disk drives. Getting old
by jeff
Sep 8 2018, 17:04
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon
Replies: 127
Views: 38994

Re: HIV campaign in progress - The Tale of Young Mudgeon

cjlee wrote:just logged on to make a new post, and something struck me...

HIV campaign sounds like something to do with AIDS... call it H4, it looks better.

Just me, but I use the Roman numerals out of respect for the title. I use the Arabic numbers as my waving the finger at the UBI productions.
by jeff
Apr 11 2018, 20:30
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 116
Views: 26931

Re: Windows 10

No you have to delete it; then create the object pallet manually adding the equilibris objects. It will create a new Equi.aop file that works. For some reason the one created during game installation causes the editor to crash. That will not fix anything with the game itself.
by jeff
Mar 12 2018, 2:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Call of Liriel (MM678-like game) live on Indiegogo
Replies: 20
Views: 5294

Re: The Call of Liriel (MM678-like game) live on Indiegogo

The project did not make its funding goal, and has since been scaled back.
by jeff
Jan 28 2018, 15:50
Topic: Making your own main menu from external image
Replies: 5
Views: 1853

Re: Making your own main menu from external image

What I would like to see, perhaps you are already doing/done it, is an increase or a way to create more epilogue/prologue pictures.
by jeff
Jan 19 2018, 3:18

What size would the Bmp files need to be? Java seems to have pretty simple to use support for creating Bmp files from constructs I am already using. I didn't take into consideration the larger size in H4MG. HeroesMinimapper creates 150 x 150 pixel BMP files. Karmakeld presents, The Old school metho...
by jeff
Jan 18 2018, 22:14

At least the image I see in H4MG has very poor resolution. If you look in the HIV map download section all of the maps there have screenshots, and I believe they were all done with HeroesMinimapper. CH policy in the past was those screenshots were a requirement to have the map uploaded. Anything you...
by jeff
Jan 18 2018, 18:48

It captures the minimap screen that is displayed in the editor. The problem comes when you go to settings; it has a button to select Win9x or WinXP. The difference is the X,Y corrdinate settings that shifts the screen up/down or left/right. Unfortunately neither buttons shifts it properly for Win10 ...

Go to advanced search