MMMX: Murder of Might & Magic X

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
{CH}ArticleBot
CH News Reporter
CH News Reporter

MMMX: Murder of Might & Magic X

Unread postby {CH}ArticleBot » 21 Jun 2021, 14:16

On a plus side:

* Game survived and it's playable without bonus content and DLC because of these two simple tricks

Code: Select all

in Might and Magic X LegacyMight and Magic XLegacy_DataStreamingAssetsDialogLevDialog.xml
Delete all four instances of:<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />
In addition to the above, to make the bridge passable from the start of a new game, go intoStreamingAssets/Maps/theworld.xml and look for:

Code: Select all

<Slot Height="6.13505" Terrain="BLOCKED" TerrainSound="NONE" MapArea="ASHEN_HILLS">
<Position>
<X>106</X>
<Y>67</Y>
</Position>
Change "BLOCKED" to "PASSABLE" and you'll be able to walk through the wagon, with the added advantage of being able to get Expert in skills like Shield or Spear without having to go through all of Act One.

Thanks to Bandobras Took for pointing that out here.

On a minus side:

* Ubisoft decided to shut down their online servers 1.6.2021 for legacy games. As well as that's understendable, because of the game age. Game's DRM relies on them and without online servers reachable you can't use your bonus content or play the DLC. Which still can be bought. This is quite ironic.
With new Ubisoft titles appearing every year, we are faced with the decision to retire the services of our legacy titles."The relevant paragraph concerns ULC."ULC (unlockable content) such as maps and skins will also be disabled, meaning that you will no longer be able to unlock them."I assume that since entry to Act 2 and Fort Laegeaire require a change to the standard function of the game (removing the guard on the bridge to Seahaven and getting arrested when entering Karthal) that these changes were implemented as ULC.The workaround detailed earlier on this thread then is the only way we can get past Act 1, and we can't get arrested and sent to Fort Laegeaire, unless we can convince Ubisoft to change these events to in game flags rather than ULC.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/238750/discussions/0/3115908865100513179/#c3078754982927613659

One can only hope, that they will rectify that error by removing this DRM protection, otherwise they may start to return money to all who bought DLC or any Deluxe Edition.

The remaining ULC is probably lost forever.
Read full article...
Last edited by Pol on 22 Jun 2021, 07:32, edited 1 time in total.
CH First Mechanized Brigade - Newspapers Lieutenant
Submit Map | Maps | Walkthroughs | Downloads

Super Goober
Peasant
Peasant

Re: MMMX: Murder of Might & Magic X

Unread postby Super Goober » 21 Jun 2021, 20:27

This doesn't pass the "basic quality control" check. Years ago, you didn't have to worry about games missing content due to servers going offline. You had a complete product in a box, on a CD. If your game had these kinds of issues then, you were in a lot of trouble, since your financial success depends on the games actually being good, polished, fun, and above all, FUNCTIONAL.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 22 Jun 2021, 10:57

Outrageous indeed and that's because of some business decision. The game went flawed exactly in the moment, when someone decided - "Hey new DLC, just mark them as ULC (Unlockable Content) and they will activate against our servers, best DRM ever."

cjleeagain
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby cjleeagain » 22 Jun 2021, 11:32

I don't get it. Are you buying a time limited service or do you actually possess the game?

If you are buying the game, you need to be able to get access to it with or without Ubisoft. If they're closing the servers, they need to waive DLM in a patch or something.

If not, you should expect that things purchased from Ubisoft are actually rentals for a certain time.

Pursoft and Cutiesoft are two brands of toilet paper. I think Ubisoft will fit nicely in with them. After all, they make products that you use once and throw away.

I think it' time to come clean about their products, pun intended.
Writer and Janitor

Main Site: https://www.thezil.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrganizationZil
My patreon page is https://www.patreon.com/zzo

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 06 Jul 2021, 21:07

Ubisoft is removing Might&Magic X: Legacy from shops, instead of fixing obligatory but now defunct DRM activation. :tsdown:
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 07 Jul 2021, 12:48

I was one of the first to playtest this game early in its development and while I didn't like the retro movement system; I felt it had enormous potential. However, when it was decided NA would not get a disc version as part of its release, for reasons that still mystify me; I refused to buy it. It seems that was the correct choice. I even have a steam key that I think may still work, but I have no intention of trying to redeem it.
Last edited by jeff on 07 Jul 2021, 12:55, edited 1 time in total.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

raekuul
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby raekuul » 07 Jul 2021, 14:18

The steam key wont work right just yet, since the steam version just calls Ubisoft's launcher.

Ubi says they're looking into an alternative/fix/whatever, but I'm not holding my breath.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 08 Jul 2021, 02:05

There is still hope then. Thanks for the link.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jul 2021, 14:34

For existing owners of M&M X: Legacy there are now two fixes:

#1 - Use patch from Reddit, user Hexasonic, take a look here

#2 - Use non-invasive patch from AcidDragon, grab it from DragonVault ;) (Including some bugfixes, read more in the included readme.txt)

The patch from AcidDragon is easier to apply, just unpack. No need for patcher.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 25 Jul 2021, 18:05

And here I was, as late as ever, thinking about buying the game... if only for Julien's sake and all of his hard work.
Ubisoft's decision to pull the plug on support but *continuing to sell the game* via their store and other services
is just incomprehensible. Shows how much they care, huh?
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Ossie
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Ossie » 29 Jul 2021, 21:37

Yurian Stonebow wrote:And here I was, as late as ever, thinking about buying the game... if only for Julien's sake and all of his hard work.
Ubisoft's decision to pull the plug on support but *continuing to sell the game* via their store and other services
is just incomprehensible. Shows how much they care, huh?
I would strongly, strongly advise against ever giving Ubisoft any money for anything again, but particularly MMX. I actually liked the game, but the absolute clusterf*ck of tying it to their online servers only created problems right from the start - this is just the latest. Hard to say what else has been screwed up as a result, or what else will be screwed up in future. Unless you like spending all your time trawling through sites like this for various fixes (I once had a patch and an Ubi client update break in-progress games), hard avoid

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 11 Aug 2021, 04:39

Could 1 of you knowledgeable people tell me what XML Editor I need to follow these instructions as I can only edit it in Notebook but then its no longer a XML file!!!! :wall:

in \Might and Magic X Legacy\Might and Magic X\Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\Dialog\LevDialog.xml

Delete all four instances of:
<condition xsi:type="PrivilegeUnlockedCondition" privilegeID="1001" failState="DISABLED" />

Queen Hera
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Queen Hera » 13 Aug 2021, 07:57

Queen Hera wrote:Could 1 of you knowledgeable people tell me what XML Editor I need.
Disregard, I have edited the file so I'll soon find out if I've done it correctly.

tomchen1989
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby tomchen1989 » 28 Oct 2021, 10:30

DRM problem was officially solved on 20 Oct 2021.

From @UbisoftSupport:
An update on Might and Magic X Legacy

UBISOFT
On June 1st. we made the decision to remove Might & Magic X - Legacy from sale following an unexpected issue that occurred after we shut down various services for cosecurity reasons, which prevented players from accessing some parts of the game and its DLCs. Our teams have spent the last few months investigating and testing the different solutions to make sure players' experience lives up to our standards in terms of quality of service. Today, we're happy to announce that all conditions are met to bring the game back to the Ubisoft Store and to Steam, and that new and returning players can now venture into the wide and mysterious world of Ashan again. In addition to the base game, we also took this opportunity to give all fans of Might & Magic X - Legacy the freedom to extend their adventure by accessing the DLC "The Falcon & the Unicorn", entirely for free.

cjleeagain
Biclops
Biclops

Unread postby cjleeagain » 28 Oct 2021, 16:42

tomchen1989 wrote: DRM problem was officially solved on 20 Oct 2021.

From @UbisoftSupport:
An update on Might and Magic X Legacy

UBISOFT
On June 1st. we made the decision to remove Might & Magic X - Legacy from sale following an unexpected issue that occurred after we shut down various services for cosecurity reasons, which prevented players from accessing some parts of the game and its DLCs. Our teams have spent the last few months investigating and testing the different solutions to make sure players' experience lives up to our standards in terms of quality of service. .
Um, Ubisoft, your standard in terms of quality of service is basically rock bottom, unfinished beta game standard.

I wonder how much the MMX folks will actually be getting from Ubisoft.
Writer and Janitor

Main Site: https://www.thezil.org
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OrganizationZil
My patreon page is https://www.patreon.com/zzo

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 Nov 2021, 19:31

Hopefully, a lot. DRM removed it's what was needed from the beginning.
https://www.celestialheavens.com/might- ... cy-is-back
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Return to “News”