Waiting for Campaigns feat. "The Lord Of The Rings"

Maps and the art of mapmaking.
BlackKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Waiting for Campaigns feat. "The Lord Of The Rings"

Unread postby BlackKnight » 11 Jan 2008, 02:20

Well,
as im new to the ch-community, im already well-known to the german fan page "Drachenwald"...
so far;
here my request:
Is anyone in here aware of projects (by someone else or oneself) which covers the story of

THE LORD OF THE RINGS?

For it was a good fellow to all former HOMM-parts.

I know the editor is quite tricky ( i myself might not handle it), but maybe u know guys that can do better!

This -i guess- is still missing in times of HoMM V
What do u think?

So long
Regards

Metallic Greetings

Black Knight

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 11 Jan 2008, 11:44

I believe since the movies are getting older and there are good Lord of the Rings games available (BFME and LOTR online), the fanbase for LOTR stuff in other games is getting smaller. I personally haven't seen anything yet, but on the other hand orcs are only recently available since TOE, and it would take a lot of time to built such thing.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Vlaad II » 17 Jan 2008, 00:14

Not a campaign but a simple map:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=2

All your suggestions are welcome. ;)
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Radagast
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Radagast » 03 Feb 2008, 22:05

Hi Blacknight,

if you are known to the German Fan-Page "Drachenwald" , i think you knows me too.
I have made the German-"Lord of the Rings"-Campaigns for Heroes III WOG and Heroes IV (Downloadable in the "Drachenwald-Kartenarchiv").
At the Moment i am working on a complete Heroes IV Middle-earth Mod with 6 Middelearth-Camapaigns (Silmarillion Part 1 and 2, Numenor, The Hobbit, The First Ring-war, Lord of the Rings), new Backrounds, Sounds and so on.
When I'm finished this project, i planed also a Lord of the Rings Campaign in Heroes V.

BlackKnight
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby BlackKnight » 04 Feb 2008, 13:13

hi radagast,
sure i know u! (wie du weißt bin ich auch im dw^^)

imo u bring good news to me! pls let me know when ur creating the lotr-camp for h5...
id like to help u, if i can (das beziehtsich auf fragen der gestaltung u gameplay, weil ich zb leider nicht modden kann bzw mir die zeit dazu fehlt)

so just tell me via mail

metallic greetings

Hippotaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hippotaur » 17 Nov 2009, 02:13

I have made a Heroes IV map of Middle Earth.

I tried to follow Tolkein's map and books...difficult to make it very playable because of there being so few towns in Middle Earth.
"Well, we did do the nose."

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 17 Nov 2009, 06:52

What's the name of the map, and where is it available, pls?

Hippotaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hippotaur » 17 Nov 2009, 07:13

I haven't published it yet.

If you would like to playtest it, I would be happy to send it to you.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 17 Nov 2009, 08:32

I would. Pm follows. ;)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 18 Nov 2009, 22:43

@Hippotaur: I wish you all the best with your H4 Middle-earth themed map project. Koni is a good map tester, which means that you can now sigh for relief for your map will be in good hands. I recommend the services of Koni to all map makers out there. He is a dedicated professional who writes excellent reports, is quite witty, and has always a good amount of fresh ideas and suggestions for further improvement ready to put into good use.

Good luck! :) (and may the spirit of Heroes be with you)

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 18 Nov 2009, 22:56

Yurian Stonebow wrote:@Hippotaur: I wish you all the best with your H4 Middle-earth themed map project. Koni is a good map tester, which means that you can now sigh for relief for your map will be in good hands. I recommend the services of Koni to all map makers out there. He is a dedicated professional who writes excellent reports, is quite witty, and has always a good amount of fresh ideas and suggestions for further improvement ready to put into good use.
I second that! Koni....? The best!

Salamandre
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Salamandre » 18 Nov 2009, 23:10

Not only I second that, but I also made him a key character in some map he chickened to play , with his real pic and such. :devil:

Hippotaur
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Hippotaur » 19 Nov 2009, 05:34

LOL...Viel lustig!

I am glad to hear these things about Koni! The map is on its way to him now!

(I had to add in a few scripts I learned on this site...although I've been making Heroes maps for years, I'm new here.)

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Nov 2009, 08:19

Testers are like gold. I mean REAL GOOD testers! You won't be disappointed with Koni. Let him do his thing. Listen to his advice. And take it.
I could'nt of made The Rise and Fall of Sandro a success without his advise and presence.
(I like his work so much, I made an XL/W U H4 map just for him after we finished up TRaFoS. And I worked 8 months on it! Never been released btw.) :D

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 19 Nov 2009, 09:09

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

@Yurian: Sighisoara II Prologue map not only looks great, but the story has developped very well, too indeed. Report of playtesting phase (part 1 till eliminating Blue) will follow today.

@Salamandre: I hadn't expected, that you would "trait" all my stupid text stuff here. Good thing, that Konistratos's bald-headed face is nearly hidden by the cowl. ;)

@ByteBandit: But you MUST release your ASR map to the communities. It shouldn't stay only with me and you. Sorry again, that I couldn't help with a story. [Btw do you know/or is there anyone here, who would help me to translate the German story of a H4 RPG-map, done by me (the story only!) "Das Auge des Osiris" (The Eye of Oziris)?]

Map Description of your map ASR (A Separate Reality):
They say there's a place down in Mexico, where a man can fly over mountains and hills. He won't need no airplane or some kind of engine.. And I don't suppose he ever will. You know it's a meaningless question, but you soon realize that you never regret the feeling you get when you're hypnotized. And it seems like a dream...

Let this dream come true for other H4 fans, too!!

@Hippotaur: Thanks to your confidence. Map has arrived. Testing can start asap. But reporting will last... ;)

GreatEmerald
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby GreatEmerald » 19 Nov 2009, 09:24

That was hilarious, Salamandre! :D

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 19 Nov 2009, 09:49

@Koni:

I was going to base the map, A Separate Reality, on the works of Carlos Castenada. My favorite author. He writes about a true Hopi Indian Sorcerer of the American Southwest named Don Juan. But to interpret this writing would take longer than making the map itself. It involves Astral Projection, Body Swapping and Future Interpretation. And "Seeing," which is hard for me to explain in just a single thread like this. :)
So, it's my gift to you! ;)

As far as interpreting your story, I say just keep asking and someone will get around to doing it, hopefully. Geez, I have a hard enough time with English! 8|

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 31 Mar 2010, 06:01

Back to the topic. How's the map progressing, Hippotaur?
Can you share any bits of information with us?
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Return to “Mapmaking Guild”