Masters of Sighisoara - a whole new continent!

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 23 Sep 2009, 12:25

Ah, I see. :-D

I just encountered a text event (translating the 3rd map) about this fact:

"King Brejk and that of his predecessor, the former Minotaur King Mardur the Tyrant", maybe King Munatius the Terrible is the successor of the slain (in The Final Truth ;) ) High King Brejk. So all is right (except the fact, that the Minotaurs are driven out of Aurolas and shouldn't be able to "in Aurolas streets looking for trouble" for the next time!)

But what about my artifact idea?

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 23 Sep 2009, 15:43

Yes I have also played some with that thought Koni :) And oh yes also about them not being able to roam the streets in Aurolas, why not? I mean it is not really like you killed every single minotaurs there is, and the minotaurs are a messy kind who likes to fight and after slaying the King ofcourse naturally they hate Aurolas even more then before wanting to go there and make trouble! Also Aurolas has a big forest which makes it possible for the minotaurs to sneak over the borders. And who knows? Perhaps there are smaller minotaur tribes acctually living in this forest? After all there has been a couple of reports of slain farmers found in the forest! :)

And I truly love your idea! :) I believe we should make a good, challenging and re-playable map so that the user has something to work on until the release of the campaign :)

Thanks Koni :)

Signed
HoP

maygwan
Scout
Scout

Unread postby maygwan » 24 Sep 2009, 06:17

hi guys if you need my help on the new campaign it will probably be next year before i can start as im busy at mo.

although i may get a few days spare in november
si

also i have only quickly read the forums and it looks like theres a temp map in the idea stages of a new campaign. someone mentioned undead.

you could probably have a quest gate which can only be opened by accumulating say 10,000 skeletons. beind it would be the artifact guarded by an enemy hero with a prebuilt army.

that would be the end result of the map. you would then add a time where the hero would have say 10 months to accumulate 10,000 skeletons.
the necromancy artifacts like cowl ect would be guarded by stacks but would be needed to gather the 10,000 skeletons required.
you could also pop in an enemy or two to give the map more of a challenge.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 24 Sep 2009, 07:32

I think it would better to have the tent near your town at the start, not well guarded either, but you have to fight through all your enemies to get to the artifact, with a time limit. Give all AI opponents every chance they need to try and stop you from getting the Vial. Gives the illusion the map will be easy. It's fun to fool the player. Perhaps a stationary Hero guarding the gate to the Artifact, maybe. Also, I would set up a Hero with massive troops that you could never beat, behind a timed gate. And he's/she's Hell bent in killing you. Extra incentive to get that vial. :D

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 29 Sep 2009, 08:16

Steve, could you shed a bit more light on the current progress of the upcoming prologue map to Campaign II? It would be nice to know where you are exactly going with the project so that we could better coordinate our team work considering the said map. I hope all is well with you and you haven't abondoned us.

Koni, it would be nice if you could say a few words here in public about the German translation for the Masters of Sighsioara 1 campaign. ;)

Max and Simon: please report about current plans and news concerning the New Continent.

With solidarity,

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 29 Sep 2009, 09:02

The translation is done, and actually I'm playtesting the German version in the 4th scenario. It is by now (when translating the story texts), that I've 'detected' the Final Truth, what has happened with The Murdered Innkeep, and so much details about the whole new continent, such as informations about the "Gnoll King of Syjer called Pertinax the Old, who was later slain by a legendary sharpshooter by the name of Aurora of Antholenor", "the ancient hero named Ron Ide, who was one of the best knights in Sighisoara, a man originally from a land called Kathewardus where he made a living as a Griffin Hunter. When he travelled to Dragonia to become a Dragon Hunter, he was attacked and killed by a pirate named Morgan Tentaculus", or the background of the *Tunic of the Cyclops King*, who was the power-hungry King Urg'u, and about Tergil, who was later killed in a battle against King Brejk's forces as they were fighting over a small territory called Lifhis, a barren area that used to lay between Antholenor and Gulael. The contested piece of land was later annexed by the realm ruled by the undead, Xerphef, which lies Southeast of Gulael." etc etc...

Oh guys, there are so many stories, which are to be detected by the player in order to learn more about the new continent Sighisoara. ;)

The German version I will send to you, Yurian, today. I reported already, that I added minor changes in landscape and some story events, too.
I hope you can upload it in your maps archives, and maybe max can give a link on his Sighisoara website, or here in the forum, too. Although it would be great, if it could be released here in CH maps archive, too.

But as you see, I'm missing a readme.txt, which should be added to the downloadable zip file along with the karta1m.jpg of the continent, and the Nation-Info.rtf for better background information, which the player needs for a better understanding of all the events on the continent, and gets the right feeling, that he can't await the upcoming sequels. ;)

Yes, it's a great thing, this new continent, and a great task as well, to let the stories about, what happens in the different realms, proceed and grow in the near future!

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 29 Sep 2009, 11:04

LINK TO THE SIGHISOARA WEBSITE: sighisoara.webs.com

Also I want to say thanks alot to you Koni for doing such a wonderful job on translating the campaign into german! :) How many people have downloaded the campaign from Campaign Archives? :)

And oh yes, ofcourse you can find aloot of intresting stories in the maps! :) I just love making them for the "fans" :) And there will be more ways to reveal different stories from the Sighisoara continent!

Oh yes also I would like to take you guys on a little tour of the website!
There are different categories on the site and here is a little tour of the different ones!

Home- This is simply a little welcome page to the site :) There is a short description on the world of Sighisoara there :)

Guestbook- Here you can post a little something! I will read everything posted as long as you do not spam! Allthough write about Sighisoara ofcourse! :)

Photo Gallery- Here you can see pictures from battles, map-making and heroes! You can make comments about the pictures!

Forums- You can write in the existing threads and you can also start your own threads! :) Just like here but a little bit more organised :)

Team Credits- Who did what? You can see that here! If you have done anything but are not on this site please contact me! :)

Contact Me- Have questions? Need advices? Need ANYTHING? Perhaps you want to purchase a copy of the original Sighisoara map? Then contact me god damnit! :)

Upcoming- What is the team up to at the moment? You can read about it right here right now! Latest updated: 29th September 2009!

Form- NOW THIS IS IMPORTANT! You can make your voice about the campaign heard here! If you submit your thoughts to this form then it will be directed directly to me!

News- What has the team finished now? You can check it out here!

Members- Why not become a member of the Sighisoara website? It is 100% free and easy to sign up!

Events- What is currently happening in the world of Sighisoara? You can read about it here! :)

That concludes the website tour! :)

Also the campaign planning is going further slowly atm due to alot to do irl to :) But after the 9th of October everything will calm down! :)

Signed,
Maximilian The Knight

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 30 Sep 2009, 10:37

HoP: The German version isn't on the Map Archives yet. It's currently resting on my harddrive being in the need of testing, and then it requisres some more consulting between me and Koni. It all depends on my remaining free time (which is a little hard to come by these days). But anyway, thank you for updating the Sighisoara website. Although you should mention there that it is about the game called Heroes III, and not the City or the metal band of the same name.

Maygwan and ByteBandit: Are you ready to team up with me to build up the planned prolgue map? I feel strongly like beginning working on the said map asap. Please reply as soon as you read this. Thanks.

Koni: Thanks for email. I'll see what I can do about the German version later tonight.

Yurian

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 30 Sep 2009, 19:56

I can't do much with my Map Editor crashing my computer all the time. And besides, I'm getting ready for deer season now. And when I have'nt been getting ready for deer season, I've been fishing for Salmon and Steelhead on the river I live on. Fall season, I'm kinda busy outdoors doin' stuff I like doing. Hunting and fishing. Winter would be good for me to do this stuff.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 03 Oct 2009, 22:32

I put the German version up, and the map from the file as a POTD (since those are few and far between). Did you ever think about polishing that map, btw? Looks sketchy as it is; could probably be done with more map-like boundaries and coastlines by pilfering them from real maps.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 04 Oct 2009, 10:01

Thanks for uploading it. :applause: It felt like being a birthday present for me yesterday. ;)

You're right with the map. It should be improved and adapted to the in-game maps. Yurian Stonebow told me to ask HeroOfPunk for that, but for the moment there is no better one. Maybe it should look more like this one: Marzhin's map of Axeoth (scroll down pls), I only have added it along with the Nation-info for a first overview of the new continent.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Oct 2009, 22:21

Yes, that map is truly excellent. I was thinking more in the lines of copying coastlines from real maps, though, and putting them together from different maps into one rather special one.

Like this:

In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 05 Oct 2009, 10:36

Kalah that is a really nice map, let me tell you guys that all I did on the map were drawing it with pencil and paper. And HOW THE HELL was that map that you linked Koni made? It would be awesome to have such a map! :O And Kalah how did you make that map? :O lokks nice :)

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 05 Oct 2009, 13:09

HeroOfPunk wrote:And HOW THE HELL was that map that you linked Koni made? It would be awesome to have such a map! :O And Kalah how did you make that map? :O lokks nice :)
You should ask Marzhin, how to do that! ;)

Nice work indeed, Kalah! :applause:

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 05 Oct 2009, 17:11

Very simple; just get some maps from the web, like this one, and then glue it into paint and copy/paste some stretches of coastline into the finished product. It could be done really sophisticated as well, by using coloured/topograhical maps.

The more time you spend on it, the better the result will be, obviously. If you copy the same stretch of coast over and over, without doing anything to it (like rotating or flipping), the map will look repetitive and unnatural.

[EDIT: I put the boundaries on - do they look all right?]

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 Oct 2009, 23:18

Update 7th of October, 2009

The Team wishes to give thanks to all people involved in the publishing and further improvement of the Sighisoara map project here at the CH:

The Staff for their co-operation with the quick publishing of the Campaign itself as well as the various related stuff such as screenshots, promo material, general information of the project and the POTDs.

Kalah the Admin for his jovial sense of humor, quick handling of our modest and immodest requests, for his part in promoting the Campaign, commentary on the News section and of course for the continued interest he has shown towards our New Continent Project. (Thanks mate for the innovative work done on the Grand Overall Map - new version is currently being prepared by HoP, our Project Leader)

ByteBandit for the encouraging words and advice offered to the three young Heroes fans on their very first campaign project together. We would also like to thank BB for his solidarity, and for all those ideas, comment and visions shared with us both here and on our very own Sighisoara web site created by HoP and hosted by freewebs.

News

As you all know, and as seen on the front page, German Version of "Masters of Sighisoara" has been released. The Team gives all credit for the well made translation from English to German to Koni, our talented map tester and an integral part of the team itself. The German version features extended stories and a number of innovative new features added which were all done with the aim of further enhancing the gaming experience and increasing the overall quality of the campaign. In addition there are additional notes and information included in the Campaign zip file, courtesy of Koni.

Team Leader HoP and his Grey Eminence, Yurian Stonebow continue to improve, rearrange and add more detail into the Grand Overall Map of the Continent of Sighisoara. What we can reveal at this point is that the international borders on the main part of the Continent are currently being redrawn and adjusted to better reflect the storyline of the First Campaign. More information available from the team members HoP and Yurian.

Last but not least, the Team reports that the promised prologue map for the second campaign called "Prime Suspect" is finally starting to take form under the guidance of the duo HoP-Yurian and with ideas from ByteBandit and team member Maygwan being discussed and implemented.

Stay tuned for more and remember: "Every day is a new adventure in Sighisoara."

With love, From Us To You

On behalf of the Sighisoara Team,

Yurian

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 07 Oct 2009, 12:05

Yes indeed, Yurian I would like to strenghten your words! Thanks to everyone! Now I am off to work on the Sighisoara map :) It wont be to good looking but I will do my best :)

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 19 Oct 2009, 07:36

Okey people now the work has once again started! :D Yurian has been editing the map some and I will do some work on it soon to! :) Look out for Prime Suspect in a near future! :D

MadMax
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby MadMax » 21 Oct 2009, 11:41

I have a feeling that this campaign will acctually even be better than the first one! :) We will include some fun documents and such with this one :) It will be awesome! I am so thrilled to start working on this! :)

The Prime Suspect map is getting along fine! Yurian is working in a speed that can be compared to a god damn revolution! And I am doing a storyline and some documents for the campaign for you people out there!

Anyone still intrested in the world of Sighisoara? :-)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 26 Oct 2009, 22:52

Yurian's Extra Quick update (Oct 27th 2009)

"Prime Suspect": the demo is scheduled to be out by Oct 31st. The map has gone through some mid-phase changes with the most notable one being the map size having been upgraded from M to L.

Stay tuned for Team Leader HoP's update. ;)

Yurian

Return to “Heroes I-IV”