Heroes 4 +Vista

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
alanvecchio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alanvecchio » 06 May 2010, 12:51

jeff wrote:
alanvecchio wrote:You are correct. The Ubisoft version ships with version 2.2 and does not have any additional patches, however the 3DO version goes up to 3.0. Unfortunately, it's the 3.0 patch that I am having trouble with.
The UBI version is fully patched, as I recall there were no patches for the WOW expansion; so if you have installed it you're done. Which may explain why you are having trouble trying to install the patch. The patch released at the same time as WOW was to patch the other H-IV versions for people that did not buy the WOW expansion.
I am not too concerned with the patches. The version of HoMM4 (2.2) I installed seems to run just fine. The main problem I have is my inability to install the WOW expansion. I am concerned that the 3DO WOW install is not recognizing my UBI version of HoMM4. Did you guys have the UBI or 3DO version of HoMM4 when you installed the 3DO version of WOW?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 06 May 2010, 23:13

There may be a compatibility issue there, I would not put it past UBI to make a subtle change creating such an issue. I have never tried to mix the versions. The UBI version I purchased came with all expansion, and so I used the UBI version of all the expansions.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2010, 00:57

I agree with Jeff. You would have a luckry bonus if you could mix and match Ubi products with 3DO. I'm sure Ubi wrote a small code somewhere, so you could'nt. I would'nt put it past them. ;)

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 07 May 2010, 08:30

Having read a fair share of all the Vista and Heroes III and IV problem solving related stuff, I think that I shall "safely" upgrade my operating system straight from Win XP to Win 7. Anyway, jumping into conclusion based on the stuff I have read here at the forums, the consensus sure seems to be in favour of Win 7 being more game-friendly of the two newer Microsoft operating systems.

With this being said, I nevertheless offer my solidarity to all Win Vista users out there. I wish you the best of luck in your Quest to join Heroes games and Vista in a blissful union.

Yurian
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 May 2010, 19:27

I'm sorry I did'nt see your post Koni. Forgive me. But after putting in Equilibris on standard H4, you can play GS and Wow. It just is'nt as fun, I guess, since you can't see the structures and creatures from the expansions. Structures are replaced with a wizards hat, and the creatures are from standard, but are blurred.

Yeah, Yurian, there is no problem of any kind with 7 as far as HoMM games go. 1 thru 4. Just don't mix and match 3Do with Ubisoft just to be on the safe side.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 08 May 2010, 07:51

That's really too bad and not funny, if you can't enjoy the sights of all the mega dragons, evil sorceresses, gargantuas and and and... But can these "blurred" creatures act, and can you use the "wizard hats" structures?

Why not buy a H4 complete edition for a few $ at ebay? ;|

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 May 2010, 07:55

I'm seriously considering it. :D

I'm sure H5 would work on this new computer, but the graphics turn me off.

I'm just glad to have gotten H1-4 running on 7.

Shyranis
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Shyranis » 14 Jun 2010, 05:59

I only seem to have the annoyance of no CD music on Windows 7 64 bit in Homm2.
Youtube has terminated my account without reason.

Please express why it should be reinstated on Twitter.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”