New H4 maps discussions

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New H4 maps discussions

Unread postby Akul » 26 Mar 2008, 20:31

I made this topic for the simple reason of discussing new maps without creating new treads. Post your opinions and short reviews about new maps here.

Today was a good day for H4 as two new maps were uploaded. One of theme is "The Eyes", made by legendary Thunder (Humakt) who alredy made his reputation as a mapmaker. I was a tester for this map and I must say that it is great and I hope to find some time to play it again.

The second map is an XL called "Rise of an Empire". First thing that hit me is the fact that mapmaker considers this the best map for H4 ever. Since this is an MP map and I am an SP fan, I'll leave rating to others.
However, it is a bit strange that this map got 4 10's in interval of few hours while so many other maps need weeks to get 4 ratings, and I don't talk about XL maps here
Last edited by Anonymous on 27 Mar 2008, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Humakt
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: New maps discussions

Unread postby Humakt » 27 Mar 2008, 14:14

Nice idea, though considering there are occassionally new H3 maps,
maybe H3 and H4 needs separate threads.

And thanks for the kind comments.
Akul wrote:
The second map is an XL called "Rise of an Empire". First thing that hit me is the fact that mapmaker considers this the best map for H4 ever. Since this is an MP map and I am an SP fan, I'll leave rating to others.
However, it is a bit strange that this map got 4 10's in interval of few hours while so many other maps need weeks to get 4 ratings, and I don't talk about XL maps here
Yeah, it is strange indeed taking into account the low download count and the fact that XL maps are rather bad for (online) multiplayer in general, and to be blunt this map didn't strike me as a particulary good or interesting one. I found the design bland for my tastes and underground could use more work, but I haven't played it so I won't rate it either.
Thundermaps
"Death must be impartial. I must sever my ties, lest I shield my kin."

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 08 Apr 2008, 13:52

I agree with you guys that it seems very suspicious indeed to see a map receiving maximum number of points within days of it being uploaded at the site's map database. I suspect that people

A) use multiple handels and thus enable the cheating. With multiple handels it's not a hard trick to gain fast high rankings for a selected username, the main handle that is.

B)vote for their friends and other members of some special "inner circle"

There are other ways to cheat than the ones I mentioned, but the less we discuss such things the better off we'll be.

Yurian
Last edited by Anonymous on 08 Apr 2008, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 08 Apr 2008, 14:44

There are others ways to cheat other than the ones I mentioned, but the less we discuss such things the better off we'll be.
Totally agree,

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 12 Apr 2008, 09:49

New H4 map called "Land of the Dead" has been uploaded. While the map doesn't look like something special, because of its medium size and good design, you might want to give it a ride.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”