Your favourite HoMM faction (H1-H5)

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Your favourite HoMM faction (H1-H5)

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 12:54

Vote for which faction (style) you like the most!

Human knights: ([H1-2]Knights, [H3]Castle, [4-5]Haven)
Wood Elves: ([H1-2]Sorceress, [H3]Rampart, [H5]Sylvan)-3 votes
Evil Wizards: ([H1-2]Warlocks, [H3]Dungeon) - 1 vote
Barbarians: ([H1-2]Barbarians, [H3-4]Stronghold) - 2 votes
Good Wizards: ([H2]Wizards, [H3]Tower, [H4-5]Academy) - 2 votes
Undead: ([H2]Nekromancers, [H3,5]Necropolis) - 1 vote
Elemental Legion: ([H3]Conflux)
Demons: ([H3,5]Inferno)
Lizardmen: ([H3]Fortress) - 2 votes
Forge: ([H3]Never made Forge)
Unholy Legion: ([H4]Necropolis)
Rogues: ([H4]Asylum) - 1 vote
Wild Elves: (H4] Preserve) - 2 votes
Drow: ([H5]Dungeon) - 1 vote
Dwarves: ([H5]Fortress)
Evil Human Knights: ([H5]Haven-Special Edition)

Because there are not allowed enough options in the poll, I'll post the number of votes into this topic. If you want to vote just post here or PM me.
Last edited by Anonymous on 06 Nov 2006, 19:32, edited 9 times in total.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Nov 2006, 12:56

My vote goes to the Barbarians.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 12:59

My vote goes for rogues. Mostly because they seem like the most otiginal faction in the series.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 05 Nov 2006, 13:11

0,5 of my vote goes to H2 Barbarians and second 0,5 goes to H2 Sorceress :)

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 13:23

I think that drow should go into the evil wizard faction,which gets my vote btw.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 13:59

Drow came in H5 and are totally different style then classical Warlocks.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 05 Nov 2006, 14:14

Well I may change this once HoF comes out but the goody elves currently have my vote. I like the aestetics of the evil drow (females of course) and the Succubus, but not enough to vote for them. All the others but Necromancer (a little bland for my taste) come in second, with Academy (right now) in last. When HoF comes out this may change!
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 14:39

Sauron wrote:Drow came in H5 and are totally different style then classical Warlocks.
No theyre not.They are powerfull warlocks,just like the previous ones,they live in dungeons,just like in previous ones,and they are allied with BDs,just like previous ones I might add :devious: The only difference is that they got loads of elves,but they still have harpies(the furries are just harpies in disguise),minotaurs and they got hydras back.

Oh,and might I add that same arguments may go towards rogues merging with the evil wizards as well.

Come to think about it,you couldve easily made a poll.Preserve gets with the rampart and sylvan,and....Well,one more merge would be needed.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 05 Nov 2006, 15:02

i vote for lizardmen.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 05 Nov 2006, 15:04

DaemianLucifer wrote: No theyre not.They are powerfull warlocks,just like the previous ones,they live in dungeons,just like in previous ones,and they are allied with BDs,just like previous ones I might add :devious: The only difference is that they got loads of elves,but they still have harpies(the furries are just harpies in disguise),minotaurs and they got hydras back.
Actually, they are different. Harpies were flying troops, furies are walkers.
Come to think about it,you couldve easily made a poll.Preserve gets with the rampart and sylvan,and....Well,one more merge would be needed
I think he also wanted a different voting line for each town type AND verison.
This would need 4 entries for H1, 6 for H2, 9 for H3, 6 for H4, and 7 for H5 (including the expansion), that needs a poll with 32 options. I could see a reason to merge the H1-H2 options, since the town lineups were not changed (although even there, someone might prefer the no-upgrades version), but since even the same factions changed in character and lineup between H2 to H3, H3 to H4, and H4 to H5, they really cannot be lumped together. (for example, I much prefer the sorceress in H2 to the rampart in H3 or the Sylvan in H5.)

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 05 Nov 2006, 15:19

Asylum is an evil wizard town. It's oposite is Academy, the order wizard town. And even if the harpy was a flyer, the only difference to the previous versions is the elf overload.

And frankly the preserve has more in common with the Rampart and Sylvan then the Sorceress IMO.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 05 Nov 2006, 15:35

H4 academy. liked addition of dragon golems.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 15:39

ThunderTitan wrote:Asylum is an evil wizard town. It's oposite is Academy, the order wizard town. And even if the harpy was a flyer, the only difference to the previous versions is the elf overload.

And frankly the preserve has more in common with the Rampart and Sylvan then the Sorceress IMO.
What he said :up:

HellSpawn
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HellSpawn » 05 Nov 2006, 16:36

If I had to pick one, it would have to be "Wild Elves Preserve" - Nature H4.

Mostly because of the Summoning abilities as well as speed, luck, and moral.

I almost forgot to mention that you can also mix Chaos creatures with him..That a plus as well.

Phobos
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Phobos » 05 Nov 2006, 16:53

Hard to decide between Conflux and Drow, but I say Drow.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 19:06

DaemianLucifer wrote: No theyre not.They are powerfull warlocks,just like the previous ones,they live in dungeons,just like in previous ones,and they are allied with BDs,just like previous ones I might add :devious: The only difference is that they got loads of elves,but they still have harpies(the furries are just harpies in disguise),minotaurs and they got hydras back.

Oh,and might I add that same arguments may go towards rogues merging with the evil wizards as well.

Come to think about it,you couldve easily made a poll.Preserve gets with the rampart and sylvan,and....Well,one more merge would be needed.
Yes, they are powerful warlocks, but they are elves while the past ones where human. Also, the way of living is completely different and their morales are a bit changed and assasins are an important part of their lives.
Rogues also can't be merged with past Warlocks mostly because their wizards are no longer living with luxury in their lives and the thieves guild is now a part of theme.
Preserve differes terribly from past natural factions because it is more connected with animals and wildlife then with the mystical sylvan powers.
Also, if I wanted to make a poll with every faction, I would make a H3 poll because all factions are there. This is discusion about factions AND styles.
Asylum is an evil wizard town. It's oposite is Academy, the order wizard town. And even if the harpy was a flyer, the only difference to the previous versions is the elf overload.
You can sum it that way, but it can also be sumed this way:
Ordermaking lords Vs. chaotic outlaws

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 19:10

I added one more options to the... "poll".

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 05 Nov 2006, 19:15

Sauron wrote: Yes, they are powerful warlocks, but they are elves while the past ones where human. Also, the way of living is completely different and their morales are a bit changed and assasins are an important part of their lives.
Minotaurs and troglodytes arent humans :devious: Oh,and the dungeon lords in previous homms were very sneaky ones(digging a tunnel to the enemy rear for example),and di relly on trickery just as much as the HIV and HV ones.
Sauron wrote: Rogues also can't be merged with past Warlocks mostly because their wizards are no longer living with luxury in their lives and the thieves guild is now a part of theme.
No faction in HIV lived in luxury because they were all refugees.Everything they ever knew was destroyed.Look how queen emilia and the great arcan started out.
Sauron wrote: Preserve differes terribly from past natural factions because it is more connected with animals and wildlife then with the mystical sylvan powers.
They relly heavilly on summoning,and thats heavy wizardry.
Sauron wrote: You can sum it that way, but it can also be sumed this way:
Ordermaking lords Vs. chaotic outlaws
In that case you shouldve split academy as well :devious:

Also,HIII and HV castle differ from the rest because they employ griffons,and others dont(you started being picky about the races,so now endure it :devious: ).

And rampart differs from sylvan because they have dwarves.
Sauron wrote: Evil Human Knights: ([H5]Haven-Special Edition)
Its not a special edition,its an expansion.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Nov 2006, 19:27

Minotaurs and troglodytes arent humans Oh,and the dungeon lords in previous homms were very sneaky ones(digging a tunnel to the enemy rear for example),and di relly on trickery just as much as the HIV and HV ones.
Ok, I'll sum it this way: their culture is not even similiar to the drow ones.
Warlock culture is easy to understand: Evil wizards who want power of magic and will not stop to get what they want.
Drow culture: read R. A. Salvatore's "Dark Elf", part 1. The ways of living, morales, culture and tradition is completely different then the warlock one.
Also, every faction uses dirty tricks (ok, perhaps not the HONORABLE knights, but every faction uses dirty tricks.)
No faction in HIV lived in luxury because they were all refugees.Everything they ever knew was destroyed.Look how queen emilia and the great arcan started out.
Compaer Havens or Academy's buildings with Asylums. Everything Asylum has is made of material of lowest quality. Warlocks and drow have breathtaking structures and not trash with rogues have.
They relly heavilly on summoning,and thats heavy wizardry.
Wizardry is not the same as mystical.
In that case you shouldve split academy as well
Academy is still havily magical and not many changed from H3 to split it.

[img]Also,HIII%20and%20HV%20castle%20differ%20from%20the%20rest%20because%20they%20employ%20griffons,and%20others%20dont(you%20started%20being%20picky%20about%20the%20races,so%20now%20endure%20it%20%20).[/img]

The griffin are their symbols and creatures, but knights main idol are still religion and knighthod, Astar (or should I say, Miki :devious: ).

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 05 Nov 2006, 19:38

Sauron wrote:Warlock culture is easy to understand: Evil wizards who want power of magic and will not stop to get what they want.
Drow culture: read R. A. Salvatore's "Dark Elf", part 1. The ways of living, morales, culture and tradition is completely different then the warlock one.
im rather sure nival hasnt read that, whatever it is. nival just wanted something else than humans to be warlocks. so that nival could be claimed even one bit original.

otherwise, its still the same dungeon as h3. i mean strikeandreturnunit/BLACKIE.
Last edited by vhilhu on 05 Nov 2006, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”