Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.

Moderator: Moderators

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility

Postby Karmakeld » Nov 10 2016, 19:59

well I tried the Tree of Knowledge quest hut (fair enough if that can't be viewed yet, if the code is different, but I also tried with the Igloo, just displaying a text. I'll give it another try, but it didn't seem to register the script in the Igloo quest hut.
Nope. I can't see neither triggered or completion scripts. I'll just send you the test map.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » Nov 13 2016, 22:46

So what I just found is a little different than what you are describing. It looks like I made a change a little while ago with the way I was loading up the "objects with events" on the events tab. The change didn't include quest huts, since they don't have a group of events, just groups of scripts, and so they were missed in my update. This caused quest objects to no longer be displayed on the events tab.

When I try to view the quest huts (after fixing the issue) in the map that you sent me, I do indeed see the scripts that you put on them.

I'll update here and the news post when I have the updated H4MG in place.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » Nov 15 2016, 20:03

Well, in the meantime, here's a link to the latest version of the H4MG. It has the fix for quest huts not being displayed on the events tab.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » Nov 17 2016, 19:27

H4MG was updated again.

I fixed a bug in the last version which caused quest huts to not show up in the quest objects table under the events tab. There are also some debug options to help with creating new objects from old ones.

Go here for instructions on getting it downloaded and setup.

If you have already set everything up, here's the updated zip file.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Reading Heroes4 (.h4c) map files

Postby Karmakeld » Jul 7 2017, 17:21

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Ah, yeah, that was the one I was looking at screenshots for and was excited about all the new objects. I think that's not a stable version though, correct? It's a beta that never got finished. I sent several emails to the Equilibris team and Dalai to offer my help with the project, but I haven't heard back yet. I would definitely love to see and use more landscape / adventure objects.

About the new objects they added in Equi 3.55/3.6, NimoStar extracted and added those to his Greatest Mod. I can extract the objects from the mod, and send them to you as single objects. Placing them in the Data folder will allow you to use them in game. Still it would be more useful to have them in a single bundled file, but not sure how that's done, without adding a Mod file.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.

Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

Return to “Heroes I-IV”