Heroes 4 Advanced Options Map Editor

The old Heroes games developed by New World Computing. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Heroes 4 Map Generator / Utility

Unread postby Karmakeld » 10 Nov 2016, 19:59

well I tried the Tree of Knowledge quest hut (fair enough if that can't be viewed yet, if the code is different, but I also tried with the Igloo, just displaying a text. I'll give it another try, but it didn't seem to register the script in the Igloo quest hut.
Nope. I can't see neither triggered or completion scripts. I'll just send you the test map.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 13 Nov 2016, 22:46

So what I just found is a little different than what you are describing. It looks like I made a change a little while ago with the way I was loading up the "objects with events" on the events tab. The change didn't include quest huts, since they don't have a group of events, just groups of scripts, and so they were missed in my update. This caused quest objects to no longer be displayed on the events tab.

When I try to view the quest huts (after fixing the issue) in the map that you sent me, I do indeed see the scripts that you put on them.

I'll update here and the news post when I have the updated H4MG in place.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Nov 2016, 20:03

Well, in the meantime, here's a link to the latest version of the H4MG. It has the fix for quest huts not being displayed on the events tab.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 17 Nov 2016, 19:27

H4MG was updated again.

I fixed a bug in the last version which caused quest huts to not show up in the quest objects table under the events tab. There are also some debug options to help with creating new objects from old ones.

Go here for instructions on getting it downloaded and setup.

If you have already set everything up, here's the updated zip file.

Karmakeld
CH Staff
CH Staff

Re: Reading Heroes4 (.h4c) map files

Unread postby Karmakeld » 07 Jul 2017, 17:21

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote:Ah, yeah, that was the one I was looking at screenshots for and was excited about all the new objects. I think that's not a stable version though, correct? It's a beta that never got finished. I sent several emails to the Equilibris team and Dalai to offer my help with the project, but I haven't heard back yet. I would definitely love to see and use more landscape / adventure objects.
About the new objects they added in Equi 3.55/3.6, NimoStar extracted and added those to his Greatest Mod. I can extract the objects from the mod, and send them to you as single objects. Placing them in the Data folder will allow you to use them in game. Still it would be more useful to have them in a single bundled file, but not sure how that's done, without adding a Mod file.
I'm silent in seven languages - and I got all my familys fear.
Everytime you throw dirt, you loose a little ground

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Re: Heroes 4 Advanced Options Map Editor

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 25 Dec 2021, 17:33

I've been working on a new feature for the Advanced Editor: Convert HoMM 3 maps to HoMM 4 maps.

This feature is getting to the point where the only thing needed to do after the conversion is to add landscaping objects.

Arctic_Slicer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arctic_Slicer » 15 Apr 2022, 04:56

So I just re-installed Heroes 4 for the first time in many years, and coming back to this forum in the first time in many years, you re-arranged stuff, this thread seems kind of old but most recent post was only a few months ago, so I hope it's okay that I'm replying to it since it's on the first page of this forum.

So I was reading what this map editor did and it said it uses scripts to improve the AI, and it links to a 12 page thread where there is a lot of discussion about possible changes, but is there a clear list on which changes were actually implemented with this? I remember using some scripts on my own maps, or modifying existing maps, to kind of give the AI some help, the main issues I remember the AI having were that it had difficulty fighting neutral stacks by just generally being inefficient and losing too many creatures in battles, this was much more obvious in higher difficulty settings, the other issue is that the AI needed to explore the map, not a problem on small but maps, but starts to become a lot more noticeable on medium maps, with the AI struggling really bad on large and XL maps.

I wasn't that great at scripting myself but to help compensate, things I remember doing were to give the AI free creatures in their cities every week to try and replace some of the ones they were losing in efficient combats. I also tried to give their heroes free experience and skills to help develop more quickly and effectively since the AI doesn't seem to use schools very often, if ever.

I've tried giving the AI all of the different skills Giving their heroes resurrection seemed to help quite a bit in reducing their losses, few skills seemed to help the AI more than the resurrection skill as it significantly helped reduce the AI losses from inefficient fighting. Scouting, especially pathfinding, seemed to help them explore more efficiently and move faster. Summoning and Necromancy could be really good on Nature and Death heroes respectively but pretty meh or sometimes counter productive on other heroes. On the other hand, the tactics skill sets for the AI didn't seem as good as I would have expected. AI didn't seem to get Luck and Morale bonuses from the leadership skill unless fighting a player, Offense and defense might help some, but mostly only against the player, for fighting AI, resurrection seemed to do a lot more, those skills are great for one the AI actually fights the player, but lackluster up to that point. Nobility can help the AI build larger armies, so long as they have the resources to actually purchase those creatures, and seemed to work best when giving the AI extra free gold every week to actually recruit those creatures as the AI can often be really slow at flagging mines.

Some of the things mentioned in the linked thread do seem interesting and I was definitely interested in what actually got implemented about and how effective it was at solving the problems. Many of the scripts mentioned are pretty complex and definitely a lot more involved than something I would have come up with, I was very much trying to keep it simple as it's easy to both program and less likely to fail that way, but again I'm not the best at scripting myself.
People are products of their own ingenuity; they are who they choose to be.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 15 Apr 2022, 19:53

Arctic_Slicer wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 04:56 So I just re-installed Heroes 4 for the first time in many years, and coming back to this forum in the first time in many years, you re-arranged stuff, this thread seems kind of old but most recent post was only a few months ago, so I hope it's okay that I'm replying to it since it's on the first page of this forum.

Hello there! I'm definitely still around and do work on this tool when I have the time, so it's perfectly fine to post in here.

The AI scripting stuff has definitely been implemented (at least most of it). Here's what you have available to choose from:

- Show the map to the AI
- Set a starting level for AI heroes (those physically present on the map, not hired)
- Set AI hero starting level (same as above)
- Increase AI hero experience (there is a placed event placed around town entrances which also affects hired AI heroes). Non-hired heroes get a timed event that increases their experience, while hired will have to move on the placed events (they do so frequently). The placed events also give the AI heroes a small morale boost.
- Increase AI hero movement
- Increase AI starting Gold
- Increase AI starting resources
- Recurring Gold for AI
- Recurring Resources for AI
- Reduce neutral armies when encountered by AI*
- There might be a couple more, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head and the ones I always use

I've been using these scripts for a little while now in the H4 Chronicles campaigns. If it's not 1 town vs 1 town, giving the AI all of these bonuses will absolutely result in you getting destroyed as I've been finding out recently. It wasn't as noticeable in Warlords of the Wasteland since it's mostly 1 town vs 1 town, or free for all type maps, but in The World Tree the AI has more than 1 town vs your 1 town in many maps, and they've been stomping me into the ground (and I'm not a bad player).

So, as you already seem to have found out yourself, the option for reducing neutrals encountered by AI armies is a great place to start, and I need to actually try testing the balance out doing this and not also giving the AI an abundance of resources. One thing I noticed is that the AI LOVES to flag dwellings, and when they have unlimited resources, they hire EVERYTHING. So they can get very powerful very fast.

If you need help with anything or have other ideas to help the AI, definitely let me know. I was also going to work on scripting increasing dwelling populations for AI owned towns (using exp values), but after getting trounced by the AI without adding any additional creatures, I think that might not be necessary.

In Masters of the Elements we were giving the AI additional creatures (to simulate Conflux towns), and I had to pull the amount of creatures way back from what I started out giving the AI because they quickly became unbeatable.

Arctic_Slicer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arctic_Slicer » 17 Apr 2022, 05:33

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 19:53
Hello there! I'm definitely still around and do work on this tool when I have the time, so it's perfectly fine to post in here.

The AI scripting stuff has definitely been implemented (at least most of it). Here's what you have available to choose from:

- Show the map to the AI
- Set a starting level for AI heroes (those physically present on the map, not hired)
- Set AI hero starting level (same as above)
- Increase AI hero experience (there is a placed event placed around town entrances which also affects hired AI heroes). Non-hired heroes get a timed event that increases their experience, while hired will have to move on the placed events (they do so frequently). The placed events also give the AI heroes a small morale boost.
- Increase AI hero movement
- Increase AI starting Gold
- Increase AI starting resources
- Recurring Gold for AI
- Recurring Resources for AI
- Reduce neutral armies when encountered by AI*
- There might be a couple more, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head and the ones I always use
Cool, that's a good list, should be sufficient to take care of most of the issues. Revealing the whole map is a good idea, something that is honestly kind of difficult to script by myself, so having a tool that does should be a great help. Definitely want to try some of those out, will download the tool now.
iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 15 Apr 2022, 19:53
So, as you already seem to have found out yourself, the option for reducing neutrals encountered by AI armies is a great place to start, and I need to actually try testing the balance out doing this and not also giving the AI an abundance of resources. One thing I noticed is that the AI LOVES to flag dwellings, and when they have unlimited resources, they hire EVERYTHING. So they can get very powerful very fast.

If you need help with anything or have other ideas to help the AI, definitely let me know. I was also going to work on scripting increasing dwelling populations for AI owned towns (using exp values), but after getting trounced by the AI without adding any additional creatures, I think that might not be necessary.
The AI definitely liked neutral dwellings, I liked to include a lot of those on maps I created because it seemed to result in a better AI, especially when they were dwellings that matched their city. Yeah, it's very possible to overpower the AI with extra creatures. With the full map being revealed to the AI, I imagine it makes the AI a lot more efficient and aggressive as well since they shouldn't be spending much/any time exploring, allowing them to be more efficient in other areas.

I don't really have too many other ideas for improving AI, at least not with a tool like that. Unless you can figure out a way to get the AI to move their large armies with heroes, or better yet, use multiple heroes in their armies, but outside of putting extra starting heroes on the map, I don't see much more that can really be done in that regard.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 17 Apr 2022, 19:59

Arctic_Slicer wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 05:33 Cool, that's a good list, should be sufficient to take care of most of the issues. Revealing the whole map is a good idea, something that is honestly kind of difficult to script by myself, so having a tool that does should be a great help. Definitely want to try some of those out, will download the tool now.

Yeah it's definitely time consuming to script this yourself, even if you already have the scripts themselves done in another map. We used neutral heroes with the scripting on them, max scouting, etc. and change them to each of the AI colors at the start of the game and then kill them off. It definitely takes away the need to scout for the AI, and they also don't have fog of war so they see if you have undefended towns and will send heroes to try to take them.

Arctic_Slicer wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 05:33 I don't really have too many other ideas for improving AI, at least not with a tool like that. Unless you can figure out a way to get the AI to move their large armies with heroes, or better yet, use multiple heroes in their armies, but outside of putting extra starting heroes on the map, I don't see much more that can really be done in that regard.

So with the testing I've been doing the AI has always been using more than the single hero that they started the maps with, and I have also encountered AI armies with 2 heroes in them. I haven't come across one with 3 heroes yet, but definitely 2.

Arctic_Slicer
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Arctic_Slicer » 18 Apr 2022, 05:53

iLiVeInAbOx05 wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 19:59

So with the testing I've been doing the AI has always been using more than the single hero that they started the maps with, and I have also encountered AI armies with 2 heroes in them. I haven't come across one with 3 heroes yet, but definitely 2.
That's good. I just remember the silliness of the AI constantly moving large armies of creatures that had no heroes, which were easy pickings for my own armies, and that's been fixed, that's a great accomplishment.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 22 Jan 2023, 03:31

Update

Since I heard there was some interest in the h3->h4 conversion in some remote corners of the heroes fandom, I've gone ahead and updated the advanced editor.

1) H3 map -> H4 map conversion. Just like it sounds: convert HoMM3 maps to HoMM4. Almost all interactive buildings, towns, creatures, etc. are being transferred. Trees are also being transferred, but as of right now that is all that is being transferred for landscape objects.

The driving force for this particular feature is porting Heroes Chronicles into H4 (and after that, the other H3 campaigns!) It could also be useful to convert random maps generated in H3, but there will be quite a bit that would need to be implemented to preserve things like passability.

2) Repair Map. If you've ever done any modding of adventure objects, you will probably have run into accidentally making a map unreadable by the editor / game. Hopefully you made a back up of the map first, but if not, you generally can't get it fixed.

Now when this happens, simply use Tools->Repair Map, and the advanced editor will go through all of the map objects to search for those not in the usual h4r data files.

Once they have been found, you have a few options:
- Remove from the map
- Do nothing (in case you want to do something else with it)
- Replace the object. You will be given a list of choices from the usual h4r data files that match the type of the object being replaced.
- Replace the object with a sign. This will replace the selected object with a sign on the map containing the name of the object.

The h4r files to search through is also configurable from the file config.bundle in the config directory.

This feature can also be used if you just want to make an Equilibris map, or map using modded objects, compatible with WoW.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 09 Feb 2023, 16:53

I updated the H4 Advanced Options Map Editor download last night with some good new stuff for H3->H4 conversion.

- Updated to center an H4 object's footprint on the H3 object's non-passable footprint. This effectively centers the H4 object on the H3 object.

It's not perfect, since I use the smallest bounding rectangle for H3 objects, which can include some passable grids, and I also use the entire footprint of the H4 object, which can also contain passable grids.

The "correct" way to do this would be to find the centroid of each footprint and use that as the actual center, but what I've done is definitely good enough.

- For H3 objects with larger footprints, such as mountains, I search for H4 objects with similar sized footprints.

This also isn't perfect, since grid sizes don't map perfectly between rectangular and isometric, as well as the passability issue, but it's also more than good enough.

As far as passability, you can easily take a look at the H3 map, and then drop a few more objects on the H4 map to keep passability consistent.

- Added a lot of new object conversions / transfers. A good number of the more commonly used landscaping objects are being transferred, as well as some of the interactive objects that I hadn't gotten to yet.

Some things still need some tweaks, such as lake objects, but they're still looking good to my eyes.

I haven't been able to exhaustively test all the updates and additions for this feature, so if anyone tries it out and finds a map that doesn't properly convert, please let me know so I can take a look and fix it. There are many edge cases, and I've only run into a couple of them during my testing.

Bug fix:

- Fixed a bug where the selected H4 directory doesn't get saved for next time.

Euan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Euan » 18 Feb 2023, 15:42

Hey,

I've been following your work since 2016 in here and for example, in the heroescommunity.com. I've just created user account only to comment that I can't wait for this H3 to H4 converter implementation in the map editor to work and thank you for keeping HOMM4 alive. Having a properly working RMG or H3 to H4 map converter would put HOMM4 on par with HOMM3 regarding the replayability of the game considering for example, much fun Player vs Player is which currently gets pretty stagnated with low selection of playable, balanced maps.

Right now my workaround for this issue would be searching various fan forums, downloading large maps and testing them whether they're suitable for PVP. Selection is unfortunately not so big..or searching for map editors which would allow "unlocking" playing conditions on the existing HOMM4 maps where I can freely adjust computers to human players or adjusting the teaming in each scenario manually.

Just a few questions, I've noticed you keep up-to-date files in your gitlab with the source files. Are you keeping following download link up-to-date with the freshest releases? https://www.celestialheavens.com/h4mg, the "Download the mod" link which follows to your Drive.

"I haven't been able to exhaustively test all the updates and additions for this feature, so if anyone tries it out and finds a map that doesn't properly convert, please let me know so I can take a look and fix it. There are many edge cases, and I've only run into a couple of them during my testing."

This implying that H3 to H4 converter is supposedly working right now. I've tried clicking "Tools" -> "Convert H3 Map to H4", navigating in my H3 directory for various templates and maps, selecting it but nothing happens. Am I perhaps missing something ? Is there compatibility issues? (HOMM3 expansions, HoTa..) or it's not supposed to work yet.

I've attached a log file here: https://dropmefiles.com/r5Fcn. Seems like a file is missing of which there's no documentation in your guides.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

Euan
Last edited by Euan on 18 Feb 2023, 15:44, edited 2 times in total.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 19 Feb 2023, 00:40

Euan wrote: 18 Feb 2023, 15:42 Hey,

I've been following your work since 2016 in here and for example, in the heroescommunity.com. I've just created user account only to comment that I can't wait for this H3 to H4 converter implementation in the map editor to work and thank you for keeping HOMM4 alive. Having a properly working RMG or H3 to H4 map converter would put HOMM4 on par with HOMM3 regarding the replayability of the game considering for example, much fun Player vs Player is which currently gets pretty stagnated with low selection of playable, balanced maps.

Right now my workaround for this issue would be searching various fan forums, downloading large maps and testing them whether they're suitable for PVP. Selection is unfortunately not so big..or searching for map editors which would allow "unlocking" playing conditions on the existing HOMM4 maps where I can freely adjust computers to human players or adjusting the teaming in each scenario manually.

Just a few questions, I've noticed you keep up-to-date files in your gitlab with the source files. Are you keeping following download link up-to-date with the freshest releases? https://www.celestialheavens.com/h4mg, the "Download the mod" link which follows to your Drive.

"I haven't been able to exhaustively test all the updates and additions for this feature, so if anyone tries it out and finds a map that doesn't properly convert, please let me know so I can take a look and fix it. There are many edge cases, and I've only run into a couple of them during my testing."

This implying that H3 to H4 converter is supposedly working right now. I've tried clicking "Tools" -> "Convert H3 Map to H4", navigating in my H3 directory for various templates and maps, selecting it but nothing happens. Am I perhaps missing something ? Is there compatibility issues? (HOMM3 expansions, HoTa..) or it's not supposed to work yet.

I've attached a log file here: https://dropmefiles.com/r5Fcn. Seems like a file is missing of which there's no documentation in your guides.

Looking forward to hear from you!

Best regards,

Euan

Hello there! Always happy to hear about someone interested in this project!

So currently, yes, the H3->H4 conversion is working. I think I may have messed up the previous upload before the current one and left a config directory with my own H4 directory selected, so the advanced editor may think it has your H4 directory, but it does not.

That's a bug that I need to fix (thanks for catching that). I should be checking to see if the directory exists, and if not, have you select it again.

Although looking at the log file you sent, it may just be that I need better dialogues to tell you what directory you are selecting. The first file dialog is for selecting the H3 map to convert, and the second file dialog is to select your H4 directory (keep an eye on the title of the file choosing dialogues).

Since you have already chosen an H4 directory, according to your log file, you'll need to remove that line from your config file. To do that, go to your H4 advanced options map editor directory, then go to the config directory. There is a text file here called config.bundle, open it up (use a text editor like notepad).

You'll see something like this:
containers:heroes4.h4r | storm.h4r | storm_override.h4r | x2.h4r | x2_override.h4r
h4dir:C:\GOG Games\Heroes of Might and Magic 4 Complete
lastFilePath:C:\Users\*\Desktop\HoMM Stuff\H4 Restoration of Axeoth\Heroes IV Chronicles\HC5 - The Fiery Moon

You'll want to delete the line starting with "h4dir" and of course save.

Then try it again. First file choosing dialog is for the H3 map to convert, and the second dialog is for you to select your H4 directory. I need the H4 directory because I need to be able to access the data files in order to add adventure objects to the H4 map :)

Currently what is available for download is behind what I'm using myself (as I'm still working on converting things), so there is quite a bit more to come :)

Thanks for the info and testing things out! If you're interested in helping more, and being able to give / receive feedback faster, send me a pm and I can add you to a private discord.

Edit. Forgot to answer one of your questions: Yes, on the h4mg page the google drive link there is a link to my latest upload. I keep the name the same and overwrite with a new zip file each time, so the link is always valid.

Edit 2. I think my current updates and additions for H3->H4 conversions are in a good place. I'll see about getting the download updated tomorrow morning, and I'll post here once I do.

Euan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Euan » 19 Feb 2023, 14:09

Hey awesome!

Got the converter working and I've made some observations already:

- Loading S-sized H3 map cannot be stretched/changed into a larger map in H4 while editing the "Size" tab in the "Map Properties".
(Just an observation, I don't think this is honestly needed. If user wants a bigger map, then user could select / generate bigger
map in H3 and then use this converter to turn it into a playable H4 map).

- Selecting different map sizes in the editor has no effect.

- Selecting number of players in the editor has no effect.

Maybe disable these options if H3->H4 conversion is used? As this may mislead users if the editing boxes are enabled.

Sure, I would gladly help to speed up the development of the project. I've started gathering all the logs of the failed and successful conversions and also minor map-specific observations to further polish converter if possible. Hit me up and let's get to work! :)

EDIT: You can find more logs and difference comparisons between H3 and converted H4 maps here https://dropmefiles.com/4oM58

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 19 Feb 2023, 15:18

Euan wrote: 19 Feb 2023, 14:09 Hey awesome!

Got the converter working and I've made some observations already:

- Loading S-sized H3 map cannot be stretched/changed into a larger map in H4 while editing the "Size" tab in the "Map Properties".
(Just an observation, I don't think this is honestly needed. If user wants a bigger map, then user could select / generate bigger
map in H3 and then use this converter to turn it into a playable H4 map).

- Selecting different map sizes in the editor has no effect.

- Selecting number of players in the editor has no effect.

Maybe disable these options if H3->H4 conversion is used? As this may mislead users if the editing boxes are enabled.

Sure, I would gladly help to speed up the development of the project. I've started gathering all the logs of the failed and successful conversions and also minor map-specific observations to further polish converter if possible. Hit me up and let's get to work! :)

EDIT: You can find more logs and difference comparisons between H3 and converted H4 maps here https://dropmefiles.com/4oM58

Hey good observations, lol. Actually what is going on with that first tab is that it was the initial concept of the RMG which was originally the plan to get going on, but then other more immediate features to help with map making took the fore.

So, that panel doesn't actually do anything and it would probably be good to remove it from the frame at this point!

Alrighty, I'll send you an invite, check your pm!

Edit. I just uploaded the advanced editor with my latest! I'll make a little update post for it as well.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 19 Feb 2023, 15:47

I updated the H4 Advanced Options Map Editor with some more H3->H4 stuff implemented.

- The three special loss conditions are now being converted: lose hero, lose castle, and time expires.

- Compliant stacks are now being made compliant in H4. This also means I'll be able to add a checkbox at some point to the creature dialog in the advanced editor to allow users to make stacks compliant.

- All creatures have a conversion (based on the list I posted in the H3->H4 thread). That means I do need to figure out the H3AI value->H4 exp conversion.

- Refactored mine handling code so that the owner could be converted and handle abandoned mines as well.

- Updated lake object handling to use the more horizontal or vertical shrubs where appropriate for a better look. This still needs a little work, but is getting there.

- Added converting of many more objects.

Bug fixes:

- Separated heroes and prisons so that a prison object is used for heroes in prisons

- Converting a temple to a random temple caused the map to be unreadable.

- Lake objects that were partially off of the H3 map could cause an exception to be thrown.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 06 Mar 2023, 22:06

Two updates:

- H3AI value to H4XP value implemented using the 1XP per 15AI conversion suggested by Baronus. For the random amount for a stack case, I am just getting a random amount in the general range seen in H3 maps for the different creature levels, and then converting that amount to an H4 stack.

- Added spell conversion. Instead of trying to give a spell, which requires the hero have the requisite knowledge, I'm instead giving a parchment for rewards. A hero still needs the knowledge, but at least the spell won't just disappear. Scholars that give spells are converted to parchments.

- Added transferring of team data.

- Updated to convert the tan or pink player colors to one of the other H4 player colors if any are available, instead of just setting them to neutral.

- Updated to allow multiple maps to be selected when converting H3 maps to H4. When multiple maps are selected, they are joined into a campaign. When a single map is selected, it is saved as a single scenario.

- Updated to convert each map on its own thread.

Bug fixes:

- Fixed an issue with remembering / getting the h4 directory when converting an H3 map.

QoL:

- Fixed remembering the last directory. Now remembering the last directory where a file was opened, as well as the last directory where a file was saved.

Smaller update.

- Added checks to ensure all units and objects are placed within the map (on valid map grids). It seems the game's editor has no issues viewing a map with objects placed outside of the map, but in some cases the game will not start and flag the map as "bad."

One case is when an army is outside of the map grid. Another, stranger case, happens when a town is placed too far to the bottom left of the map, which the game's editor will actually allow you to do.

Another check I've added is to ensure that at least one interactive point on interactive objects is on a valid map grid.

Bug fixes:

- Fixed a bug where I was mixing display row/column, which is 1 based, with object row/column, which is 0 based.

iLiVeInAbOx05
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Unread postby iLiVeInAbOx05 » 10 Mar 2023, 18:03

Another smaller update.

- Generating a random hero when the "has main town" and "generate hero at main town" check boxes are checked. These heroes are placed at the entrance to their corresponding towns.

- Heroes defined in a town are now placed at the town entrance.

- Now converting random towns and random dwellings.

Random towns are linked to the player that owns them, while random dwellings (that are linked) are linked to the town's name that they belong to, or if the town isn't named then they are linked to the player.

Return to “Heroes I-IV”