WoG Lives On! 3.58f script update and new site!

Official forum of the Wake of Gods mod to Heroes of Might and Magic III.
Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 06 Jan 2007, 17:33

Bethel wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Bethel wrote:
That when I'm in an Inferno town and want to Castle Gate to another Inferno town, I'm given the status of the Blacksmith. This also happens in Dungeon towns when I want to buy creatures from the creature portal, tho' I can at least buy them by going into the fort/citadel/castle proper.

It should be noted that I run the script to have war machines stack.
If you mean one of the War Machine scripts, there are three of them. Tell me which one you're using and I'll check it out.
Sorry it took me so long - Enhanced War Machines III.
So, Fnord, any news on this front? I'm currently playing 'To Kill For Power', which is intensive on the Inferno front, using Castle Gates rather than Town Portal. Currently I'm able to get around the problem by buying up all War Machines and then destroying the Blacksmith before Day 7 (so that it can be rebuilt before the week ends).

It's been a busy time of the year, so you may not have had a chance to even look at it.

Thanks!

AngelA
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby AngelA » 07 Jan 2007, 23:05

Hi, fellow WoGGers :-)

The THUNKS are available? that is really good news. I think i might even have helped playtest one of those, back in the day

I would also like to say that I am really impressed with the WoG updates. Alas, I STILL have crash problems in multiplayer- but the single player mode redeems that. I really like playing in 'explorer' mode.
Checking out all the neat adventure objects- without too much interference from the AI

Looking forward to the maps!

AngelA

Now that our Web site is up and it is mapless, this may change soon. Pol and I have decided to release maps to the public from the WoG Map Archives. Notably the updated T.H.U.N.K. campaign maps and some other more popular maps such as Vlaads' maps that have been updated for the final time. And I want to release my maps Book of the Dead Ver. 1.1 and Deception Pass. We may even release a few other goodies as well.[/quote]

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 09 Jan 2007, 04:01

Well, Pol and I are considering which maps from the WoG Map Archives to put up on the Web site, and we both agree that the THUNK maps should go up. Also Vlaads' updated maps will go. And I'm sure Pol has a few of his own that he would like to have up. I'm also thinking the popular Chinese map, English version of course, of "Chaser" should go up too.

JohnGalt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JohnGalt » 10 Jan 2007, 17:34

ByteBandit: PTM that I believe you & Fnord (among others) worked on is a particular favourite of mine.

Thanks for the script update -- it's wonderful to see progress on WOG! You have some great changes here, and everything seems quite stable to me so far. Reading the changelog, I wondered about one minor point. Could someone explain how to use the "change monster number" feature of the cheat menu? For what it's worth, I enabled the cheat menu (!#UN:P77/1;); I just don't understand what to right-click on to change enemy stack sizes.
script77.erm (WoG Cheat Menu)
- Added: Function to change the stack size of monsters on the map just before combats by right-clicking on "Attack Value" on the Adventure Screen (only when WoG Cheat Menu is active).

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 11 Jan 2007, 19:33

JohnGalt wrote:ByteBandit: PTM that I believe you & Fnord (among others) worked on is a particular favourite of mine.

Thanks for the script update -- it's wonderful to see progress on WOG! You have some great changes here, and everything seems quite stable to me so far. Reading the changelog, I wondered about one minor point. Could someone explain how to use the "change monster number" feature of the cheat menu? For what it's worth, I enabled the cheat menu (!#UN:P77/1;); I just don't understand what to right-click on to change enemy stack sizes.
script77.erm (WoG Cheat Menu)
- Added: Function to change the stack size of monsters on the map just before combats by right-clicking on "Attack Value" on the Adventure Screen (only when WoG Cheat Menu is active).
This is mostly intended for "fixing" neutral monster stacks that have grown too large for any reason (a bug or just because you can't get past them in a test or even if you get too frustrated in a single player game).

The place to right-click is in the little square at the bottom right of the screen. Select a hero and then right-click on the hero's attack value in that information square (the number itself). There you can set a percentage from 1% to 100% for the size of all neutral stacks in the game until you change it again (I think this affects all heroes but I may be wrong...another team member made this addition).
- Fnord

JohnGalt
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby JohnGalt » 12 Jan 2007, 17:42

Ah, I see. Thanks very much for the clarification!

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Re: WoG Lives On! 3.58f script update and new site!

Unread postby Zamolxis » 21 Feb 2007, 22:46

Fnord wrote:new official WoG site
I noticed that the new website does not have the following 3 updating files for 3.58f:

video_full.wog
extra_bf.wog
erm_tools.wog

Is it because they are just not yet up, or did they have minor bugs and are left out now for safety? Anyway, I've installed the first two together with the script update, and so far everything seems to be working just fine. Many belated thanks to the whole WoG team for this script update. :)
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 22 Feb 2007, 22:01

"So far so good!" - His famous last words. - favorite line of one of my colleagues at work.

So the game worked perfectly for a few days... until I posted the above. :P

Now I ran again into one of the pretty annoying bugs I noticed/reported back in 2005 when I was beta-testing for this script update: After the Paladin fully heals a unit, the Tent is unable to resurrect any more troops in that stack.

Fnord, is the testing still going on? If yes, I would like to rejoin the group if possible. Until then, where shall I report the bugs: here or in the sticky? I'm asking b/c I know the sticky we have now is full of the bugs from before the update.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

doom3d
Peasant
Peasant

bugfix

Unread postby doom3d » 09 Jun 2007, 22:00

Hi,

Script 00 bugfix can be downloaded here.

Bug description: Hero randomly looses benefits from enhanced commander artifacts, until clicked on hero screen.
Root cause: Getbasicprimary macro bug in script00, except for hero levelups.
Fixed.

Doom3d

Supreme Archangel
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Supreme Archangel » 13 Jun 2007, 04:41

Fnord wrote: In addition, WoG now has a new official WoG site, hosted by Celestial Heavens on their server. At present, just the update is ready, but in the coming weeks and months, look for WoG utilities, the main WoG files, additional script updates (as needed), new WoGify scripts, WoG maps, WoG mods, and much much more to keep you WoGGing for years to come!

The new WoG site can be found at http://wog.celestialheavens.com/ so be sure to bookmark this page for future visits. The script update is on the Download-->Optional WoG Files page.
The site died about 3 days or more!
Anyone knows what reason is?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 13 Jun 2007, 07:22

Anyone knows what reason is?
Yes. Site will be back immediately after we will get hold of our admin.

The script update is also here.
I noticed that the new website does not have the following 3 updating files for 3.58f:
video_full.wog
extra_bf.wog
erm_tools.wog
Here were no changes, you can still download them from oldlocation :tonguehands:
Fnord, is the testing still going on?
Yes, but it will be faster if you will ask directly through the group. * Now I noticed that I'm not Fnord, well, too late.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 01 May 2008, 10:55

I would like to say a huge thanks to Docent Picolan. Here are (some) of his props for 3.59 design:

:D
source: forum.df2.ru
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Burdon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Burdon » 03 May 2008, 18:40

Like it ! These former screen borders needed some improvement :D

Humm, what about this town on the first picture ? I assume it's not the Bastion.

Warrior
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Warrior » 03 May 2008, 18:57

The graphics on the second screen is stolen from new King's Bounty by Docent Picolan.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 May 2008, 19:01

Well, evidently it's something. :D
(flip to the otherthread for a longer explanation)
"We made it!"

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 May 2008, 02:41

:tsup: Yup. Gotta love the new borders. :tsup:

Docent Picolan
HoTA Crew
HoTA Crew

Unread postby Docent Picolan » 25 May 2008, 12:04

huge thanks to Docent Picolan. Here are (some) of his props for 3.59 design
It is not my work I've never made it. This graphics are from King's Bounty series. Personally I despise all plagiarism... :disagree:

Archer30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer30 » 05 Jun 2022, 15:42

Is there anywhere I can still find a link for download?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Jun 2022, 19:05

Archer30 wrote: 05 Jun 2022, 15:42 Is there anywhere I can still find a link for download?
What do you mean? There were several proposals for WoG 3.59. I have no idea what was realised, as discussion continued (despite GrayFace proposal) only in russian on different forum.

There we have also some hiring request, so if you are interested GrayFace can tell you more.

But from 2007 nothing will be available today, I surmise.
"We made it!"

Archer30
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Archer30 » 06 Jun 2022, 10:54

Well I mean exactly the topic offered, the download for 3.58f script update on 2006. I myself have been working on ERA Launcher Edition with daemon_n/Perry R for more than a year now, porting everything realised and unrealised from WoG to ERA. I just found that We miss out on this big update for ERA for years. It would be a great improvement if we can use the more advanced scripts (or just ideas) here, porting the full WoG project to ERA.

I think the scripts from Grayface's Github are pretty closed. They are even newer. Although I'd like to track down the change of scripts for each stage.

Return to “Wake of Gods”