Cast-only Warlock

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
marcus.visor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Cast-only Warlock

Unread postby marcus.visor » 18 Jun 2008, 16:33

hiho there

i think you all know what the subjekt is about, using only stalkers and that "insert t6 ug2 eng name" to have about 3-4 free spells you can cast before the enemy charges you, making you the most awesome creeper ever.
i would like to know how this can be done so well that you can even compete with human players.
when i play a singleplayer game, i get no other creatue producing structures most of the games and invest all the ress on a high lvl mages guild and artifacts, hopely giving me mana asap. mana from ritual or guild, the rest is a no-brainer. getting spellpower and intelligence, erratic mana n stuff and cast some empowered meteor/implosion/armageddon(if needed) etc. since you need no items or skills to enhance you creatures damage or defense you can get superior firepower. but only if you drop anything about cratures, its hard to get a mix here, allowing you to do that much damage.
well, back to the question:
is this style playable vs. human players somehow or just an awesome ai abuse?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Jun 2008, 17:03

Actually it's faster than other human players that have another faction :tongue:

To keep things simple you get destructive to expert, then secrets of destruction, pick enlightenment of sight(intelligence, arcane intuition) and afterwards logistics. The basic idea is level up as fast as possible and kill neutrals at a fast pace which is easy with stalkers and furies.

Sorcery is not needed for early, secrets of destruction and the town already give you 3 knowledge and soon you should gain some on your own. Now you may ask how you can be sure to pick up enlightenment that fast.
You can't. But since it is 8% you can focus of destructive and irresistible spells and you'll almost always get it after some level ups.

That way I have managed to get lvl 22 day 14 on let's fight(Yrwanna). Dungeon can typically take down horde of tier 3 week 1 and lots of tier 7 on week 2(say 35 emeralds). What you need is a fire spell and ignite.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

marcus.visor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marcus.visor » 18 Jun 2008, 19:00

yes, i know HOW its works, but DOES it work? you will be uncloaked quite fast in a big battle, thats what i dont want to.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 18 Jun 2008, 19:10

marcus.visor wrote:i would like to know how this can be done
yes, i know HOW its works
;|

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jun 2008, 19:44

That's creeping. For the big battle you are supposed to bring the rest of the troops.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Jun 2008, 22:00

He has probably never heard of hit and runs.
- Metathron

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 18 Jun 2008, 22:26

Elvin wrote:He has probably never heard of dishonorable hit and runs.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 18 Jun 2008, 22:57

Yes he should try the honorable ones ;) Otherwise the opponent may beat him with the keyboard :D
- Metathron

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 19 Jun 2008, 01:17

There's honorable hit and runs? ;|

(Yes, I'm an PvP online noob. What can you do? ;))
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

marcus.visor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marcus.visor » 19 Jun 2008, 07:22

marcus.visor wrote:
i would like to know how this can be done

Quote:
yes, i know HOW its works
you just dont understand me. i want to know how i can win against human players with this style. if there is nothing to change, its ok.
For the big battle you are supposed to bring the rest of the troops.
i dont have money or ress for them, it would slow me down.
He has probably never heard of hit and runs.
i did

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Jun 2008, 07:44

If you did then the thread is pointless. Besides you can't have your cake and eat it too, that's as good as cheating.
- Metathron

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 19 Jun 2008, 10:07

If you want honorable hit and run, you can do it Japanese style. Get Mentoring. Train some baby Warlocks into Empowered Meteor Shower slinging bastards. Best results will require Swift Mind, but you can do without.

Now you have a steady supply of Kamikaze Heroes, show them the meaning "MAH ARMY MELTED!"

marcus.visor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marcus.visor » 19 Jun 2008, 10:21

If you did then the thread is pointless. Besides you can't have your cake and eat it too, that's as good as cheating.
it is not. i just wonder how this works against intelligent beings able to find you cloaked units without using other creatures. i u get some, you wont be able to creep so fast, etc.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 19 Jun 2008, 10:42

I give up, do some research on the nature of hit&runs.
- Metathron

marcus.visor
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby marcus.visor » 19 Jun 2008, 11:39

ok, i think i got something which might help me, though its not my style of playing. hit and run just aint that "beat em up and spit on em" thing which is symbolized by empowered spells. sad that there seems to be no other way to follow this path.

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 25 Jun 2008, 14:05

Rare thing seeing Elvin that impatient with begginers... hehehe

I thought it was a good point he brought, oh nordic friend.

May I try a different approach?
You say you got to lvl 22 in 14 days in a particular case.

Lets put it like this: With this very same char in this exact situation, would you be able to beat a regular (lets say) lvl 15 with properly distributed troops and skills?

...or the trick works for neutrals only?

Cheers,
W.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 25 Jun 2008, 14:41

Wolfsburg wrote:Rare thing seeing Elvin that impatient with begginers... hehehe
Elvin is a classic case of homicidal psychopathic maniac who fills his urges by slaughtering blizzardboy with armageddon hit and runs.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Jun 2008, 17:15

Lol Phoenix :D

@Wolfsburg
The reason I did not continue the argument is that it matters little whether you win or not. Given the chance a warlock should always attack week 2-3, have 6 stalkers cast invisibility and fireball the enemy to death. If you win you win, if not then you retreat and lose some stalkers while the opponent loses the bulk of his forces.

Now in the specific case let's say that the opponent has 17 lvl, assuming that he beat most stacks. I'd say that he has very low chances unless he was lucky to get armageddon, curse of the netherworld or meteor shower.

There is one more trick the opponent can use but a risky one. Attack with 7 spellcasters that have an aoe spell(druid elders - stone spikes, archmage - fireball) and cast in the places you saw the stalkers disappear :)

By week 4 it goes without saying that if you attack you expect that you will have to retreat, invisibility is not enough to win a big battle.
For the record I don't hit&run against human opponents, I simply prepare and have a final fight unless the game drags on a lot and I need to decrease the opponent's forces.
- Metathron

Wolfsburg
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Wolfsburg » 27 Jun 2008, 15:35

Sounds deadly.

Thx for the explanation... And Phoenix... LOL

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 27 Jun 2008, 18:52

Once I had 40 spellpower and phoenix feather cape with warlock's luck, that could probably kill a week 4 army easily :tongue: And if both heroes are killed the enemy can't hire his hero, you can.
- Metathron

Return to “Heroes V-VI”