Erathia/Axeoth vs. Ashan: The verdict and our future.

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Erathia/Axeoth vs. Ashan: The verdict and our future.

Unread postby magnomagus » 06 Jan 2008, 14:10

Hello,

I'm quite new on this forum, but I have been playing Heroes games since the price of loyalty. One thing I liked from the old heroes games, was that there was always a connection between their worlds and their heroes. There was always a nice mix of old favourites (solmyr, crag hack) and new ones (lysander, emilia). Also the worlds and storylines were somewhat connected.

After H5 came out the history seemed to be completely cut off. Because I didn't really like this I have recently created a mod that brings back all famous heroes from Erathia and Axeoth to Tribes of the East. If you are interested, detailed info and downloads can be found here:

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... php?t=7988

A more active discussion about it can be found here:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24665

This mod has been around for a week now and I would like to discuss how you think about the change in universe that is done in Heroes 5 and how you think the future for heroes games should look like. Is Ashan a nice world to build on further or do you want to go back to the old days?

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 06 Jan 2008, 18:36

I am totally for Ashan. I found myself liking it more then the old universe.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jan 2008, 10:46

Bah... just pick any countless other generic fantasy setting and you'd get the same thing... i prefer continuity over WH copying...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 14 Jan 2008, 23:19

Well, my perception of continuity is the way 3DO worked on the first 4 heroes games, you take the things from the old games people liked and bring them into the new game together with new features.

Nelgirith
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Nelgirith » 15 Jan 2008, 09:20

magnomagus wrote:Well, my perception of continuity is the way 3DO worked on the first 4 heroes games, you take the things from the old games people liked and bring them into the new game together with new features.
Continuity ? Where is the continuity in destroying a world and moving to another one ? The end of Erathia/Enroth was kind of cheap ... very cheap.

There was no continuity between H3 and H4 and tbh I need more than just seeing some familiar faces of old heroes to feel some continuity in a game universe.
Basically H4 was just a copy-paste of H3 with some new feature in a new world ... did they really need to destroy the H3 universe ? Especially after we got to know it better trough M&M6 and M&M7.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 15 Jan 2008, 11:32

I agree the move from h3 to h4 was the cheapest, but I do not agree h4 was a copy paste of H3. H4 had a completely new and much more interesting adventure map, spell system and class system. In fact they only copied the heroes and some creatures. I think h4 would have been more succesful if they had copied more things like creature upgrades for example.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 15 Jan 2008, 16:06

Nelgirith wrote:Continuity ? Where is the continuity in destroying a world and moving to another one ? The end of Erathia/Enroth was kind of cheap ... very cheap.

There was no continuity between H3 and H4 and tbh I need more than just seeing some familiar faces of old heroes to feel some continuity in a game universe.
Basically H4 was just a copy-paste of H3 with some new feature in a new world ... did they really need to destroy the H3 universe ? Especially after we got to know it better trough M&M6 and M&M7.
Then you have unique definition of continuity.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”