Heroes of Axeoth: H3/H4 heroes to H5 conversion

Mods and development for mods. Including WoG & Equilibris (RU) subforums.
magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes of Axeoth: H3/H4 heroes to H5 conversion

Unread postby magnomagus » 30 Dec 2007, 17:15

Hello everyone!

I've created a mod that converts all heroes from Tribes of the East to heroes from the h3/h4 universe. The mod is called Heroes of Axeoth.

In summary these are the features of the mod:

-All Heroes are converted to heroes from the old universe (also the hidden ones, the campaign heroes and scenario-heroes, I counted around 123).
-All Heroes have their own name, class name, bio and icon, also specialization-icons, names and descriptions are changed when necessary.
-Might and magic classes for every faction.
-New specializations, more balanced campaign hero specializations.
-More variation in specializations.
-All heroes unlocked in all multiplayer maps and random maps.
-A large all-faction map with a ‘light-edition’ for low-performance pc’s
(the maps can also be played without the mod).
-Classic spell-descriptions.
-Classic difficulty levels, providing improved AI and more options for advanced players.
-Some tooltips are improved.
-Version text in main menu.

Here are the screenshots:

The mod file (12 mb) is hosted on mediafire
Here are the download links:

Zip:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fwj1nm20xyf

Rar:
http://www.mediafire.com/?eynmomlsaxn

The Archives must be unpacked after downloading. There are installation instructions and documentation inside the package. The mod is in english, if you are interested in a French translation (work in progress):

http://www.heroes-fr.com/e107_plugins/f ... 33370.last

The AI-modification is also available as standalone here:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24772

Have fun and please tell me what you think!
Last edited by magnomagus on 05 Jan 2008, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 30 Dec 2007, 17:53

I like the idea and will try this out when will have time. :)

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 30 Dec 2007, 19:41

Does this work with the Original H5?

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 30 Dec 2007, 20:47

I haven't tested but I'm quite sure it wont work with hof or the original game. This is because some of heroes from the original 6 factions use new specializations, icons and textures from the TOE game, furthermore some of the modded files were heavily changed by ubisoft/nival for Tribes of the East.

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 05 Jan 2008, 16:31

I have made the AI improvements available as standalone they can be found here:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=24772

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 08 Jan 2008, 02:07

I don't like to use small mods, but this seems 'old-school' and I like that.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

mshuster
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Using this Mod with RMG maps

Unread postby mshuster » 23 Jan 2008, 05:58

This mod actually makes XL random maps playable. I had the bug where the in-program RMG doesn't work properly, but I can open up the TOE map editor and run the RMG packaged there.

Set for 5 or 6 players on an XL map, then choose which faction you want to play. Go into the map setting and ally all the other factions.

I like to also nuke 1 of the neutral cities and replace it with a dragon utopia. I might also tinker with the size of the neutral stacks bordering the regions in order delay interaction with the AI.

I did notice that the "new" death night hero does not come with raise dead, so if you plan on playing with him, you need to put down a shrine with the spell. Also, he doesn't come equiped with the diplomacy skill, which he kind of needs for his special to work more than very rarely.

Great mod! Thanks!

magnomagus
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby magnomagus » 23 Jan 2008, 20:30

This mod actually makes XL random maps playable. I had the bug where the in-program RMG doesn't work properly, but I can open up the TOE map editor and run the RMG packaged there.
This is new to me, most people say it makes xl maps playable because of the performance improvements caused by the new AI. I never had the intention to do any bugfixes to the rmg.
Set for 5 or 6 players on an XL map, then choose which faction you want to play. Go into the map setting and ally all the other factions.
Yes, this is a good way to make the AI more challenging.
I like to also nuke 1 of the neutral cities and replace it with a dragon utopia. I might also tinker with the size of the neutral stacks bordering the regions in order delay interaction with the AI.
I'm not sure you're talking about the Heroes of Axeoth map or a random map, but if you like the Ai to reach you later with a huge army you should give the Heroes of Axeoth map a try, because I designed it that way.
I did notice that the "new" death night hero does not come with raise dead, so if you plan on playing with him, you need to put down a shrine with the spell. Also, he doesn't come equiped with the diplomacy skill, which he kind of needs for his special to work more than very rarely.
Thanks for notifying this small bug, I will write it in my log, and about his starting skills: He would indeed need both diplomacy and herald of death to be more effective, but I could not give him both because that would be out of balance. You should be able to acquire the second skill later.
[/quote]

Return to “Modcrafting Guild”