HV & HoF Campaigns in TotE

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
theGryphon
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby theGryphon » 03 Apr 2008, 02:08

I finished playing the original campaigns with TotE. It was much more fun! Caravans make it easier to play but not to win :) I didn't see alternative upgrades saving my 455 either...
My only complaint was that the AI was sometimes stupider and made the win easier. I had a couple of irreproducible bugs, which I reported to sfidanza... Thanks again, now I'm playing the HoF campaigns. Freyda campaign was too easy, so easy that I had to check that I'm still playing heroic... OK, it was easy with the original HoF but I don't know, it just felt easier. Maybe the campaign scripts cripple the already crippled TotE AI :)
I don't understand, the game has everything, but they somehow couldn't get the AI right... Is it really that hard or they just didn't invest in it? Mind boggles...
I believe in science and that science can explain everything.
Because God has made it all work in such a beautiful way...

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 19 May 2008, 17:32

I cannot get past the second map of the first campaign of the original game (Campaign: The Queen; Map: Rebellion). I've done everything there is to do, but nothing happens!

Has anyone experienced this? Any way to fix it?

EDIT: Here is my save of the scenario: Save_28.Sav.Zip by Bigupload.Com (Choose free account type and enter image code to proceed)

What more is there to be done?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

konfeta
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby konfeta » 20 May 2008, 01:54

1. Make a new account. 2. Remove all the campaign files and put them back in. 3.Reinstall the game.

Otherwise, I have no clue what would cause that to happen. Most of the bugs I encountered through the Vanilla campaign were the visual kind:

1. The Archmage adviser to Zehir occasionally pops into the hilarious "stretch your arms out wide" position.
2. Sometimes the camera is misaligned, and I end up seeing the action as if the camera was displaced a couple meters upwards.
3. Kha-Beleth's Wall in the last mission was perpendicular to where it's suppose to be. I had a giant flaming wall bisecting the battlefield in two pieces. Pretty amusing.

Other bugs happened with scripted heroes. For example, on the Cultists map for the Warlock campaign, none of the Inferno heroes ever moved from where they spawned. Made the game a hell of a lot easier. Same goes for the Necromancers in the first Sylvan mission, but luckily Biara didn't bug out.

If it wasn't for the bugs, these missions would have been a lot more fun. Certain alternate upgrades, artifacts, as well as the ToTE skill paths also made the game much, much easier. Imagine Findan with 65 Spellpower thanks to the new Druid upgrade, Imbue Ballista, Triple Ballista, Ring of Machine Affinity, and Flaming Arrows. Jesus Holy Christ, that Ballista downright annihilated the last Sylvan mission. I've never seen a hero responsible for so much damage in my life with nothing more then a stack of High Druid/Ancient Treants. Warlocks can go cry in a corner.

The new spells also make a big impact. Combination of spells like Vampirism and Phoenix, Regeneration and Phoenix, Arcane Crystal/Blade Barrier abuse, and (I think it was improved) Mine Field make Summoning a powerhouse against A.I. Divine Vengeance is cheating, as usual.

Caravans make life a whole lot simpler, altough there are a couple of places where you can't use Caravans from dwellings because they spawn inside a blocked off area.

**Special note goes to Freyda losing the Haste specialty and gaining her ToTE specialty in the HoF campaign. Unbelievable imba. I think her ability is managed to completely and utterly blot out Raelag/Markal's special on the "You really don't want this in a normal game" scale.

***The the Fortress/Stronghold troops all over the place make a nice anachronism, too.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”