where are the maps?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 06 Oct 2006, 18:08

Bonzer wrote:There was a comment there about not unzipping .h5m maps, just putting them (still zipped) straight into the new maps folder. Could that be correct?
I don't think so, every h5m file is already packed archive. Try to rename any map.h5m file to map.zip and you'll see that...
I already considered that. I originally named it "Maps"
So now the only cause of the error that I could imagine is not installed patch 1.1 or maybe also 1.2 (because I think that patch 1.3 is not necessary). Try to install it and I think the problem will be solved.

GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 07 Oct 2006, 07:35

Ummm, where can i find any new maps that fans have made up? Have started making my own but time is against me (these things can take forever). Cheers :D

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 07 Oct 2006, 09:03

You can find them here: http://www.celestialheavens.com/ ;) On the top of the page there are two sections with maps: "Latest maps" and "Maptesting".

GrowlingDog
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby GrowlingDog » 07 Oct 2006, 12:36

Thank you, i've never actually seen the home page. Somehow i've bookmarked the Skill wheel page and have just gone from there ;|
Oh yea, one more thing thats probably in the faq's somewhere but i may as well ask while i'm here. Since i bought the collectors edition and patched up to 1.3, it would seem that my game does not auto-save (love that feature). is there a button i need to press somewhere to get it to auto-save again? (hope so)

Paradox
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Paradox » 07 Oct 2006, 14:12

don't quote me on this but i *think* they may have removed auto save.

Skullmane
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Skullmane » 07 Oct 2006, 14:33

Well, I have 1.3 and autosave works just fine. And yes, there is an option to turn it on/off, right there where the game options are.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”