Those of you who watch HoMM4 forums closely, probably remember the idea to create an AI enhancing utility. The general idea is to give players an instrument with which he/she can turn on and off different scripts to help AI. It's not real AI, of course, we rather help it cheat to the degree that is acceptable and fun for a player, and all on one centralized dashboard.
The initial discussion is here: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
We at Equilibris Team tried make this idea a reality, but had couple setbacks. Recently we joined forces with iLiVeInAbOx05 whom you know as an author of Advanced Options Map Editor for HoMM4, and started making some progress.
The video below is a proof of concept showing how it works.
New scripts are added every day, but we will need good mapmakers' help with more complex and interesting ones.
|Comments (3)||Add comment|
There will be a twitch stream about upcoming Trial of Fire Stand-Alone Addon.
When? From 13:00 - 15:15 UTC. Don't forget to register on twich in advance to join the discussion. And have your question ready.
Presentation will be served straight by Heart [developer], Limbic_Ramiro [Level Designer] and Limbic_Oak [AI programmer]
Now ladies and gentlemen carefully examine your questions and don't forget to reserve a seat in totally worth twitch session.
~ Gameplay improvements will be available for everyone as a global update. ~
- Berlin Time 15:00 - 17:15 +2hrs
- Prague Time 15:00 - 17:15 +2hrs
- NY Time 9:00 - 11:15 -4hrs
- Moscow Time 16:00 - 18:15 +3hrs
- Beijing (Peking) 21:00 - 23:15 +8hrs
- Tokyo Time 22:00 - 00:15 +9hrs
Source: This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important! STEAM
|Comments (1)||Add comment|
You may ask yourself: "What took so long?" Well, long story short: I haven't been very active lately. I'm slowly moving away from the franchise, focusing more and more on other aspects of my life and less on this. But I promised myself, months and months ago, that I would finish the Heroes VII walkthroughs, so now that I have some spare time on my hands, I decided to do it.
So then, the Dungeon campaigns are done, and I just finished Ivan's story too, mere minutes ago. The clock is 5am here and I guess I do still kinda miss the days when I could play all-nighters with my buddies. Anyway, I hope you find my work useful, and if you have any comments to make or things to add, you can put it all in the comments of the articles.
|Comments (8)||Add comment|
The creature lineup for the Fortress faction has been announced. See the official list here. What follows is my immediate reaction to them:
- Defender/Shieldguard: of course, you can't have a Dwarven faction without sturdy Dwarven warriors. Looks nice, will probably be a good solid core unit. No problem here. Next!
- Bear/Blackbear: Fair enough; a non-humanoid unit that makes sense appearing in a faction that belongs in a foresty/mountainy environment.
- Kobold scout/Kobold pathfinder: All right, at this point I'm assuming somebody at Limbic had been drinking tequila for half the day and suddenly discovered that they needed another core unit. After first going through suggestions like llamas, buffalos and flying condors, a voice cries out: "I know, guys... guys, you're gonna love this: hamsters. We need hamsters." Or is it a beaver? I can't tell. While the gameplay might work out fine, I do believe we have seen the replacement for the Kappa as the most ridiculous creature in the series.
- Dis/Valkyrie: Limbic are from Germany and they seem to love Germanic folklore and mythology. "Dís" is actually Old Norse for a form of female spirits or goddesses, the most well-known of whom was the Vanadís (dís of the Vanir, the gods of Vanaheim), also known as Freya. Valkyires are also creatures of Norse/Germanic (if you're confused, don't worry; the Norse and old Germanic cultures are closely related, hence the sharing of beliefs) lore; they were the "death wights", or a kind of "angels of death" if you will. They would pay attention to the warriors in battle at the behest of Odin (Wotan in Germanic), choosing who should fall and then carry them off to Valhalla. Names aside, such units fit well in with the Northern mood the developers are setting for this faction.
- Rune priest/Rune patriarch: Big guy, big hammer. What's not to like?
- Lava elemental/Magma elemental: Dwarves being natural miners and mountain-dwellers, I guess it makes a certain amount ot sense that one of the creatures is a wild boar/rhino made from molten rock. I just wonder what the reaction was when the first one appeared in front of the dwarf who dug it out of the ground. Can't have been pretty. The description hints at this creature having some form of charge ability, setting nearby creatures on fire as it passes. I wonder if it can burn down town gates?
- Fire giant/Einherjar: The first sounds like something out of Baldur's Gate 2, while the second is once again taken from mythology. "Einherjar" is the plural form of the Norse word "einheri", and that is what you call the man fallen in battle who is taken to Asgard by the valkyries.
So aside from the dwarves, there's a hamster, a bear, a searing rhino-thing and a couple of supernatural beings. Runes will probably be massively overpowered, and the lore runs the risk of turning everything into a feast for Marvel fans. Can anything salvage this faction?
- Red dragon/Ardent dragon. ... Yep. That'll do it.
|Comments (22)||Add comment|
The first expansion to Heroes VII has been announced. Given the title "Trial by Fire", it will be a stand-alone expansion featuring The Fortress faction with their Dwarven rune magic. Set for release on June 2nd, it will also offer players 6 new skirmish maps and 2 bonus scenario maps written by Terry B. Ray.
|Comments (20)||Add comment|