Loosing troops (without fighting) - known feature or bug?

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Fraudatio
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Loosing troops (without fighting) - known feature or bug?

Unread postby Fraudatio » 16 Jun 2006, 16:02

Hi!

I am seriously confused. I play the infernocamp. "The Ship", and I have Sylvan creatures on Agrael. Well, so far so good. But occationally when I end turn, I start the next day with less troops (E.g I lost 2 druids). For a long time i Thought I was just making this up, but no. It happens. One day i had 41 Hunters, next day I had 38, without moving an inch. Are you all laughing at me know because this is well know (you probably are anyway), or is this some weird bug?

AND one more question, what is the morale codes for hero/creatures when it comes to alignments?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 16 Jun 2006, 16:16

The map is scripted so that you loose sylvan troops agrael is leading every day.If you didnt get a cutscene informing you about that,thats a bug.

As far as I know you get -3 for creatures that are the opposite aligment of your hero,and -1 for the creatures that are of the same aligment of the hero if you have other troops.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Jun 2006, 17:34

At first, I didn't realize what the cutscene meant. I thought I had lost all of my army, but it was still there the next turn.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 16 Jun 2006, 17:41

Angelspit wrote:At first, I didn't realize what the cutscene meant. I thought I had lost all of my army, but it was still there the next turn.
It was not well elucidated, no.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 16 Jun 2006, 17:44

I didn't realize I was loosing troops until much latter. And i didn't even take the Inferno town until later. When i did realise that I was losing them I got waht the cutscene meant.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

ClownRoyal
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby ClownRoyal » 18 Jun 2006, 03:49

I think the game could definitely use a dialog window popping up telling you what's going on for certain scripted events.

HulkaS
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HulkaS » 18 Jun 2006, 08:21

Just kill some sylvan hero and buy him in tavern and creatures won't flee from sylvan hero.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 18 Jun 2006, 08:33

Correction: they won't defect from anyone but agrael. Even other demon lords can lead them without problems.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 18 Jun 2006, 09:20

Quite strange, I mean if you buy other heroes you also use them to destroy the elven homeland. So why do they flee only from Agrael? He's not the ugliest in the ranks of demons :)
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

Wolfshanze
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Wolfshanze » 18 Jun 2006, 14:22

Gaidal Cain wrote:Correction: they won't defect from anyone but agrael. Even other demon lords can lead them without problems.
Not exactly true... a differant Demon Lord can lead them without defection, but he'll incur a significant morale penalty. Only "light-aligned" heroes like a Ranger can lead without ANY problems.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 18 Jun 2006, 22:41

Yeah , i didn't get it wright away too, only when i begon to realise that i was losing troops i first didn't understand and then i tought about the cutscene and put two and two together :)
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

Gus
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Gus » 18 Jun 2006, 22:43

I'm pretty sure the Mission Objectives tell you clearly that you're losing troops every day.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”