Haven campaign

The new Heroes games produced by Ubisoft. Please specify which game you are referring to in your post.
Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Haven campaign

Unread postby Metathron » 19 May 2006, 22:44

I'm playing the third map of the haven campaign where the objective is to clear the map of enemy scouts. Now I'd love to do just that, but what scouts are meant here? Neutral creatures? External inferno dwellings?
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 May 2006, 23:02

Neutral Inferno creatures.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 20 May 2006, 00:22

I see I missed a group of imps. Gosh, I dislike missions like this one, where you go in search of the proverbial needle in a stack of hay. I remember the barbarian campaign of the original HoMM IV had such a scenario, only things were worse there since the enemy was constantly moving around.

Also, this mission was a bit misleading. If there's no actual red player up until the very end of the mission, why have him play out his turn every time you end yours?

Snap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snap » 26 May 2006, 05:05

Man, I hate this pixel-hunting! I have scoured the entire map, killed all hostile stacks, secured all buildings, built all upgrades - the damn thing WON'T END! :S

Or coud this be a bug?

Are there cheats for this game? I sure could use one right now!

Desiraae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Desiraae » 26 May 2006, 14:31

I'm having the same problem, I am playing it through the second time and can't seem to find the key that will make this thing end.... :|

Rapier
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Rapier » 26 May 2006, 16:44

Have you guys killed the Devil stack and gone to kill the red hero?
~ Rapier.

Snap
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Snap » 26 May 2006, 17:33

Never mind, I found what was wrong. The game uses the same cursor for inaccessible regions as for unexplored terrain, which makes it easy to miss a corner. Bottom line: try exploring all darkened regions, even if it looks as if they are inaccessible.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 26 May 2006, 19:42

In scenario 4, the boots of levitation are supposed to be underground, but I've explored the whole subterranean region (not that it's large) and I still don't have them. What gives?

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 19:46

They're in a small undergound area south of the hut, guarded by undead. If you visited the Cartographer before, you should be able to see them.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 May 2006, 19:47

You have to explore the crypt.The entrance to the underground is south from that seer that gives you the quest.When you enter,go north and youll find the crypt.Win the fight and youll get the boots.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 26 May 2006, 20:36

I realized there was another opening to the underworld, so I figured that's where the artifact'd be. However, no such luck. :mad: Getting around in the underworld is abysmal, mostly due to the strenuous perspective rotation.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 26 May 2006, 21:00

As Daemian said, it's in a crypt (not on the map, as I erroneously remembered). It looks like a small temple in a circle, if you haven't seen one before.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 26 May 2006, 21:46

Metathron wrote:I realized there was another opening to the underworld, so I figured that's where the artifact'd be. However, no such luck. :mad: Getting around in the underworld is abysmal, mostly due to the strenuous perspective rotation.
I have to agree. Navigating in the underworld is terrible, sometimes I couldn't even get a horse-cursor in any direction. I thought I was stuck down there :scared: then I remembered Isabel had Town Portal; when all of a sudden, the horse-cursor flickered on for a second, but just enough to find my way out. :nervous:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 26 May 2006, 22:44

HodgePodge wrote: sometimes I couldn't even get a horse-cursor in any direction.
Yes, what is up with that!? It is extremely frustrating, to say the least.

Anyhow, I'll try to look for that crypt, though I think I've already covered all of the underworld.

Desiraae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Desiraae » 27 May 2006, 04:32

maybe i'm a tard, but the only part of mission 4 i haven't done is meet with Alaron's army...i've done all the other objectives, anyone know what i am missing? where is this guy??? ;|

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 May 2006, 06:53

If you have the Boots of Levitation, they allow you to walk on water so that you can cross the river near the broken bridge. Just continue down the road and the map will end.

Extrakun
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Extrakun » 27 May 2006, 06:59

Gaidal Cain wrote:If you have the Boots of Levitation, they allow you to walk on water so that you can cross the river near the broken bridge. Just continue down the road and the map will end.
You have to cross the river in one movement. So if you don't have enough movement points, you can't cross. If so, just wait for the next turn.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: The Trap

Unread postby Metathron » 27 May 2006, 18:26

It appears I've cleared out every nook and cranny of the underground, but have somehow missed the crypt. ;|

I've noticed that the boots of levitation look exactly the same as the boots of the swift journey. Hopefully these minor, yet annoying, glitches will be remedied with future patches.

Anyhow, the end of this mission contains quite a surprising twist. However, I don't quite see where Agrael's affection for Isabel stems from?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 May 2006, 19:35

Metathron wrote: However, I don't quite see where Agrael's affection for Isabel stems from?
Well he has been stalking her for her whole life.

And Beatrice/Biara wasn't exactly subtle in the other missions. She had traitor writen all over her.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 27 May 2006, 20:24

ThunderTitan wrote: And Beatrice/Biara wasn't exactly subtle in the other missions. She had traitor writen all over her.
Knowing that Biara should be involved somehow from the demo didn't help with that, either.

Return to “Heroes V-VI”